Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Captain Foo posted:

I’ve mostly been trying horny reapers like the post upthread was discussing. Mostly been trying with shark tanks but have tried some leafy tanks too

Trying... what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Primordius seems really bad.

He might be ok if you could guarantee having Retch.

e: The new music is nice

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Sep 3, 2020

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dirk the Average posted:

Ascend can move them out of the way, and some damage spells can hit your own units. If a spell doesn't specify enemy or friendly, then it can hit both, and sometimes it's very powerful to hit your own units (revenge triggers, and similar).

And sometimes you Awaken an enemy :shepicide:

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is THAT the one card I don't have seen let alone gilded???

I've got nearly 80 hours in this game and could not figure out what card I'd missed.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dr. Video Games 0069 posted:

Does anybody ever multi-class their champion? It seems strictly worse in every case than upgrading the same path each time.

Hornbreaker is really good multiclassed.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

IAmThatIs posted:

Last night I got really close to the 50,000 point daily achievement :( once I get that, I'll have completed everything but the secret achievement!

I'm assuming the secret achievement has something to do with gilding all cards, I still have a couple of event cards to gild smh

I think the only secrets achievements are:

Dante's Inferno for the dante cavern event

It's a secret... for the flower cavern event

and Thief! Stop! for the Petty Thief cavern event

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LostRook posted:

Post-Seraph Super Boss

sign me the gently caress up :getin:

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is Emberdrain instead of Daze on the top floor new to the expansion from the 3 day free weekend?

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I still have no idea how to play Wurmkin at covenant 25 but going lower feels like coward talk.

e: huh you can now apply cost reduction emberstones to X cost cards, neat

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Mar 29, 2021

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
After repeteadly failing on Talos and Daedalus, I finally got a wurmkin run at 25 that went straight to TLD and won. :toot:

monstertrain://runresult/6630f609-04dc-4635-a805-f223a1a861b3

No steam achievement even, though...

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eeepies posted:

Umbra buffet champion seems to work only with certain other clans then? If i roll him with Stygian or Awaken am i screwed?
Noted on Prince, I'll try allocating more resources to him next time.

Primordius can work with anything, but I think Prim + Stygian is one of the weaker combinations since they're kinda at cross purposes. Stygian's units are all pretty weak so even if Prim can make anything good, he's got farther to go with them. You're probably best off just trying to get Umbra units and ignoring the Stygian stuff in that setup, though failing that the ones with Sweep, the eel thing or Titan Sentry are all okay if not great.

Awoken are fine with him, though. Their bottom end of synergy is basically the same as the same as Stygian's top end and there's some really good units to pair with him too (the husks with sweep, since they've got better stats than the Stygian sweep units)

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GodFish posted:

Does anyone have any tips for Wurmkin Primary/Stygian Guard secondary (standard clans) on CR25 vs Last Divinity? Even when I get ridiculous builds that sweep through Seraph I can't seem to get a setup that lasts vs the LD.

Are you like me and missed the TLD clears debuffs so frostbite and Reap are significantly handicapped? don't be like me.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Man, the Mark of Exile/Champion but spells cost +1 challenge is brutal.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pray for my aunt posted:

The Endless/Quick/Gain Stats on Extinguish version of Little Fade scales wildly with Marks.

Good advice!

I got carried by some apex imps though, which are truly busted. The strongest pair were doing 1980x3~ damage :lol:

Too bad there's no achievement for killing TLD early :v:

monstertrain://runresult/fa98e424-d38b-48c4-b16c-826bce23cb9b

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TastyLemonDrops posted:

It's preventing you from doing a Dumb Move(TM). Those things would just get removed at the end of each turn due to the Eel's effect.

EDIT: Wait, I'm dumb. Is armor considered a status effect?

I don't think so, since Symphony of the Soul specifies "doubles status effects AND armor"

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
this was a great run until

lmao welp

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

This might actually be the hardest achievement to get :v:

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

logger posted:

Probably using cards with purge on the final battle.

Sorta.

I used the permadeath, no champion, and extra artifact modifier, then found a seed than had both thornfruit (sting every turn) and channelheart (+20 magic power for sting). The pierce/+10 magic power might also work.

I let my train stewards die immediately and picked up two sirens of the sea and some molluscmages. Usually put them on the bottom floor, and just cycled through stings + ice lances every turn, taking opportunities to remove cards at vortexes/with the shop.

Last fight I had nothing going in except the units and had all of them die to seraph, then pinged him with ~20 stings to finish him.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There was a survey for MT that the devs posted in the dev feed.

https://www.getfeedback.com/r/99U5U19m/

Fairly extensive, so it seems like they're probably going to do more DLC or a new game in the setting at some point.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ErIog posted:

I haven't posted here, but I've played a lot of the game. I've beaten the game with all clan combos on various covenants, and am now going through Covenant 25 for each of those. For some combinations it just feels like I'm playing a slot machine because the pairing is so awful you need to get the exact right random events to unfuck the starting deck enough to even have a chance to win.

I'm currently stuck on Hellhorned with Umbra as the alt. I should probably just skip to the next one, but I'm stubborn and want to clear the one with the lowest covenant rank and then move to the next.

I understand why the game is balanced this way (balancing Covenant 25 around the weakest clan pairing would make it easier overall for the best clan pairing), but it's still somewhat annoying.

Counterpoint, it's really funny when it does that.

I feel like runs are usually winnable as opposed to usually not, but you've got to resist the urge to do things like pull every pact shard or amulet challenge to preserve health and so on.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ErIog posted:

Yeah, so, funny thing... it turned out which options were available (and when) was highly relevant! I didn't appreciate the condescending tone. You come off like a jackass. The fact that you didn't bother to see I had a relic giving me free morsels every turn and dinged me for not having enough morsel generation was really something.

Geeze, and you're calling him hostile? Relax.

not quite 40k but I played it kinda fast and loose with seraph.

I'm pretty sure that a significant majority of Cov25 runs are winnable, you just... Need to have a better idea of how things work which seems fine? :shrug:

ErIog posted:

At covenant 25 this just isn't true. It's barely true even for the highest tier clan combos. I understand the DLC makes the game even harder, but covenant 25 in the base game is still quite difficult, often in ways that are unfair.

If you have examples, I do love a challenge.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Aug 17, 2021

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ErIog posted:

I mean, please prove me wrong. Go do 10 Hellhorned/Umbra allied runs and show me you won 6 of them.

If you ever have a block of time to watch a livestream I'd be down for it, since just posting screenshots of 6 hellhorned/umbra wins wouldn't mean much.

I'd even put :10bux: on it with an av cert.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

hito posted:

hey thanks for posting this, RisingDusk was my clan leader in Warcraft III over a decade ago and I had no idea what he was up to these days. For anyone who played WCIII, he's also the creator of Advent of the Zenith and Desert of Exile. The more you know!

oh poo poo is it that RisingDusk? I hung out in the clan chat cause one of my friends was in that. Small internet.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Alloyed Construct.

Granted that can be less atrocious if it's got another construct sacrificed to it.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Honestly I don't like awoken so any of their units could be insanely bad and I would never know.

Zurai posted:

No, you need to feed it one morsel per turn plus one per turn it'll be fighting the Relentless boss. It's very easy and completely catastrophic to have too few turns on your construct when the boss comes knocking, and that'll almost always end your run right there.

There's also the fact that you can't stick it on the first floor unless you have a defensive line above it.

if you can get it with morselmade though you're fine.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Why the heck is this 2x the price on switch as it is steam?

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's $40 on Switch here, which isn't quite 2x with the dlc, but still.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Give him Superfood and Stalwart Snack, then pile as many buffs as you can onto him. if you ever see a chance to get Retch, take it.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zurai posted:

Note that things like Multistrike, Endless, Trample, and armor are considered status effects, so if you can give him those effects he'll pass them on to the people who eat him (assuming you take the line that lets him pass on status effects). Normally this involves rare cards.

Doing the Expert Challenge where every troop counts as every type was super easy for me because I ran Primordium and first picked the relic that gives Stewards +5/+5, damage shield 2, and multistrike 1. Because of the "challenge", Primordium was considered a Steward (along with all my other creatures, which would have made it easy enough), so by the end of the game my frontline troop had something like Multistrike 7 a few turns in.

Only for Prim though, stuff that doubles status effects won't give more armor or multistrike usually.

Ultima66 posted:

The trick to Primordium is getting extra buffs on him to transfer to a carry unit yeah. Note that Superfood is situational since it is run losing against the Seraph that applies Sap and also can be quite bad against the Seraph that removes buffs. Awoken and Wurmkin both have strong non-situational buffs you can just toss on Primordium to turbo charge his buffing, Melting needs a little finagling but if you can set up a situation where Primordium dies and gets continually reformed it gets broken very fast, and Hellhorned has very powerful armor/rage granting cards that get broken with Superfood.

It's also regrettable if Prim has emberdrain on him from being put on the top floor or something, which sometimes you can't avoid. :v:

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm probably just bad but god drat can I not make use of Wyldenten.

He's a support champion that takes up three slots, it's horrible.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Do things like Echowright's shell removing ability trigger if Wing Clippings preserves a card with consume?

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Huh, I tried it now and it didn't seem to. I'll have to try again.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Possibly the funniest run I've had:

2x For The Greater Good with -2 cost, Holdover and Spellchain

Eason the Fifth posted:

Speaking of echowright, any pro combos with that guy?

It's probably not worth leveling up Marshlord past 1 since the later forms are stronger but also take significantly longer to come online, which kinda defeats the point of your champion. Shellsmith is whatever, Repeater is fantastic.

Zurai posted:

Bogfly Egg is in the running for strongest unit in the game IMO.

The hatched units keep any stat upgrades, unit essences, and shop upgrades that the egg has. That means that if you, say, give a Bogfly Egg Multistrike and Largestone from the shop and fuse a Morsel Maker into it, both hatched flies will have their base stats plus Multistrike, the stats and size from Largestone, and will grow +6/+6 every turn (in addition to all the +6/+6s the egg itself got).

For super fun times, give an Egg Endless and hatch it over and over.

Pacting a Bogfly Egg onto another Egg is hilarious.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So what are people's takes on heavy units?

I've tried using Shardsoul Carvers, First of Kin, and Fiends but they never seem to be worth paying that much for when you can get things that are basically as strong for a fraction of the price.

Umbra can kinda get away with it due to Perils and space extensions, but even then it's kinda eh.

e: Obvious except if you have sketches.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Sep 7, 2021

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think this is the most overwhelming win I have ever had against seraph.

monstertrain://runresult/59cfb66b-72fd-42d4-8b28-e7c048f37bb9

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's funny how your perspective can change, I used to think Penumbra was the best for just being a frontline beast but he's really best used as a secondary damage dealer with Architect, and my favorite to use is Hornbreaker Prince (though he can be a bit RNG-y needing Wrathful to really shine). Corrupter Spine Chief with basically any small unit is fantastic too.

Primordius or Little Fade is probably the strongest overall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Divine Victory with every card :devil: