Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Is anyone playing this? it's on the microsoft store. I haven't played it yet and it looks pretty similar to the original which I remember being super interested in on the dreamcast, but never really getting to play, because I was a dumb child.

here's a video I found with tips for new players:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls_P_8vhwwU

here's a screenshot i found of a giant starfish:

what is this game? I don't know!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

no, nobody is playing it at all.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
One of the goon groups I hang out with is basically all over this game, I got no idea why but good luck guys

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i thought it was an mmo, hm

Cyber Punk 90210
Jan 7, 2004

The War Has Changed

Frog Act posted:

It's more of an ARPG/Dress up simulator

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

i have fond memories of playing phantasy star online for the dreamcast

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Frog Act posted:

We put the thread in MMOHMO once and it got even less traction than normal, so back to Games it went

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Frog Act posted:

yes, but compare the viewcount of games and mmohmo

Jintozook81
May 14, 2020

There's Always A Bigger Ship...
Lipstick Apathy
I tried it on XBOX. I mean, it’s fine if you like the whole retro mmo thing and anime characters. But it’s exactly like every other mmo I played this decade. I’m a fan of the rpg series, but I didn’t stick with it.

sinewave
Aug 29, 2005

space face
looking for an alliance invite - character is wintermute player id 10732785

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I've been trying to play this because I get free stuff from Game Pass but I have NO experience with MMOs so it's been kind of rough. Like today I realized I couldn't pick up items because my inventory was full. I'm committing tomorrow morning to figuring out what the hell I'm doing and see if this game is for me.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

sinewave posted:

looking for an alliance invite - character is wintermute player id 10732785

Check the thread in Games

Lammasu posted:

I've been trying to play this because I get free stuff from Game Pass but I have NO experience with MMOs so it's been kind of rough. Like today I realized I couldn't pick up items because my inventory was full. I'm committing tomorrow morning to figuring out what the hell I'm doing and see if this game is for me.

FWIW you can send items to storage from anywhere, even mid-mission

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

if the only games I enjoy are dark souls and tab-target mmorpgs does this game hit either of those marks?

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

blatman posted:

if the only games I enjoy are dark souls and tab-target mmorpgs does this game hit either of those marks?

it's almost directly between the two, with a bit of diablo/PoE loot grinding sprinkled in. I bounced off it quite hard because the aesthetic is extremely anime, the story is so, so bad, and the interface is pretty crummy. The game was also originally released in 2012 and it shows. I think you could find some enjoyment if you can look past all that though and enjoy loot grinding and anime dress up.

Bardeh fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jun 7, 2020

ToxicToast
Dec 7, 2006
Thanks, I'm flattered.
I have seen some complaints about the game running/opening on PC but for me it looks great and pretty much feels like the original Phantasy Star Online from nearly 20 years ago which is both good and bad. Also, all the story stuff you can just skip so if anime stories scare you don't let that stop you. So strange after all this time they finally brought the game over here.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Any goons giving this a go now that the game is out on Steam? I couldn't play thanks to the Microsoft Store being absolute rear end, but I have had zero problems playing with Steam. I think the Steam version takes up less space, too. It's a pretty fun, fast-paced game that you can play with a controller.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Bogus Adventure posted:

Any goons giving this a go now that the game is out on Steam? I couldn't play thanks to the Microsoft Store being absolute rear end, but I have had zero problems playing with Steam. I think the Steam version takes up less space, too. It's a pretty fun, fast-paced game that you can play with a controller.

The aforementioned thread in toplevel games is very active: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3887877

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Rynoto posted:

The aforementioned thread in toplevel games is very active: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3887877

Awesome, thank you!