Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003
So in light of recent events I like many other people around the country have taken it upon myself to go out and document the current wave of protests and civil unrest. I do this apolitically and just want to show whats going on on the ground. So far we've been doing our footage with a smartphone and tripod but we want to upgrade our game by next weekend equipment wise.

What we really want is a cheap DSLR for streaming and eventual Youtube upload that can pair with a smartphone for live Twitch or Youtube streaming. In addition we're thinking about adding a lavalier microphone that we can pair with an additional mic for ambient sound so that interviews are coherent. A good battery bank for charging phones and cameras would also help.

Any other gear suggestions are welcome. Anything we can get on Amazon Prime would work best because we want to be out in the field and ready this weekend. I'd like to share the findings in this thread with the protest threads in GBS and C-SPAM in case there are any other budding citizen journalists out there that want to participate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Bumping this because I could use the info as well/it's a drat good idea!

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

Probably better off asking this in The Dorkroom (sub of Creative Convention)