Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

*strong bird smiles to himself and chuckles remembering that the original exbox was large and quite heavy especially considering his age at the height of the console's popularity would make him smaller; everyone remembers things from when they were small as larger than they actually are*

Good God.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

It was, indeed, very large.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

that image cant possibly be real. the combined weight of two xboxes (huge) would sink even the sturdiest of ships...

VileLL
Oct 3, 2015

strong bird posted:

everyone remembers things from when they were small as larger than they actually are*

that's not possible, with xbox

strong bird
May 12, 2009

its drat big.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I store all 14 of my current consoles as well as my desktop tower inside 1 hollowed out Xbox. It's really the optimal storage solution.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

the original xbox is very large, to comedic effect

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011
well the Duke is the greatest controller of all time...

Skoora
Sep 29, 2009
Y'all remember how big the original controller was? Thinking back, I'm just like whaaaaaaaaaat

Twat McTwatterson posted:

well the Duke is the greatest controller of all time...
Lmao, I didn't realize it had a name.

Skoora fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Jun 5, 2020

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Everything about the Xbox had a weird tinge of racism, from being called the N-word constantly in Halo to the forums being full of posts that were like "HURR SURE AM GLAD I CAN BUY AN AMERICAN CONSOLE NOT MADE BY THOSE SNEAKY JAPANESE"

Not saying that anyone who bought it was racist, but that poo poo was everywhere unless you played entirely offline. I didn't own a 360 so I don't know how much of that stuff persisted

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
i regret to inform you that while the xbox has shrunk, the racism of gamers has not

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

strong bird posted:

*strong bird smiles to himself and chuckles remembering that the original exbox was large and quite heavy especially considering his age at the height of the console's popularity would make him smaller; everyone remembers things from when they were small as larger than they actually are*

Good God.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

QuarkJets posted:

Everything about the Xbox had a weird tinge of racism, from being called the N-word constantly in Halo to the forums being full of posts that were like "HURR SURE AM GLAD I CAN BUY AN AMERICAN CONSOLE NOT MADE BY THOSE SNEAKY JAPANESE"

Not saying that anyone who bought it was racist, but that poo poo was everywhere unless you played entirely offline. I didn't own a 360 so I don't know how much of that stuff persisted

this thread is about how big the original xbox is you freak

strong bird
May 12, 2009

*stumbles drunkenly into thread about oregano*

When I was in Italy in the late 1970's, I was subjected to an event that changed my life forever...

hobocrunch
Mar 11, 2008

I'm walkin' here

strong bird posted:

this thread is about how big the original xbox is you freak

i only had shrek super party and from memory if i didnt use the expansion cd for the ram shrek couldnt even fit in the xbox

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i actually bought an xbox when i was in tech school. except, i was traveling around the country for each course, staying a couple weeks or months in dorms for each and then moving on to the next. all while lugging around an original xbox with me.

it was probably the single dumbest thing i have done in my entire life, and that is really saying something.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Now that you mention it, OP, it is pretty big.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

I never owned an XBox but my friend owned an XBox and it was, indeed, quite a large electronic device

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

my friend also had an xbox and he said when his mom brought it home from the store the xbox wouldn't fit in the house because it was so big. they had to buy a new house that was big enough for it

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

o_O

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good

I dunno doesn't seem that big.

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

imo the definitive console with which to bludgeon someone to death

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

fyad decided the gamecube had that convenient handle, though

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

I remember arguing with my friend about the fact that it wasn't black but very dark green

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
As a non-American I never saw the OG XBox in the wild but I trust you OP

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

Original_Z posted:

They're tricking u, it's called a perspective shot:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Where was this thread when the xbox came out, it could have saved me a broken back (from trying to pick up the xbox)

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Original_Z posted:

This is clever editing and a perspective trick. Bill Gates and the sandwich are actually very far away from the original xbox controller.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Countblanc posted:

Where was this thread when the xbox came out, it could have saved me a broken back (from trying to pick up the xbox)

Quiet frankly I'm surprised there hasnt been a class action lawsuit against the xbox company due to the absurd size & weight of the original xbox.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

free hubcaps posted:

you would need to push it onto them from a great height as the xbox would be hard to pick up and swing (due to being very big). the problem is finding something to push it onto them from that won’t collapse under its weight. i recommend another xbox

Skoora
Sep 29, 2009

Original_Z posted:

That's not the original controller, but I do love the picture because I used to refer to the og as the hamburger controller.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

the original xbox was, and is, large. this is funny

Rookoo
Jul 24, 2007

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

here we see a model of how light bends in an Xbox's gravitational field

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

free hubcaps posted:

I mean yeah if you're a 30 foot tall giant and thus large and strong enough to pick one up and use it that way

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
If the original Xbox had come out in the last couple of years a swarm of malnorished-lookin' bespectacled weirdoes would summarily declare it to be "thicc" and start sweatily churning out endless amounts of questionable-quality artwork of anthropomorphic Xboxen doing things probably not covered by the manufacturer's warranty, possibly to twinkish-looking anthropomorphic Gamecubes.

Actually, for all I know this probably already exists, but hosed if I'm looking.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

thanks for the tip

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

plenty more where that came from :wink:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

People find it comedic when ordinary household goods are larger than one would reasonably expect them to be. The original Xbox was one such example, but there are others