Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Noticed the AI were wasting tons of resources to spam lovely planes and helicopters, losing their entire empire to a unit of GR tanks and some militia whose main function was to clog the enemy's guns with meat

So I disabled air forces. Then 800 of these wander into my capital on turn 1 (skill issue) and I'm wondering if there's a way to enable air but only for flying logistics?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Tuna-Fish posted:

You can absolutely generate those. They just don't get their own class, but pick a very habitable planet, and then reroll the settlement phase until you get a population in the tens of billions. After bombardment, half the planet will be city ruins.

it's just a pain in the rear end because you might have to reroll 50x to get a population >5b and if you want >10b it might be 200 rolls

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

habituallyred posted:

Generally there is a correlation between rainfall and population. I think you want 100 inches a year for a big population? Its been a while since I went fishing for one.

yeah when I was loving around with sprawlworlds I saw the best results with a combination of

start with a large Siwa-class
reroll planetology until you get an average temperature of ~27C and gravity ~0.9g
reroll geology until you get >90% plains coverage and lots of rain and "earthlike" or "comparable" atmosphere
reroll biosphere until you get breathable atmosphere with no hazards, rain pH 5~9 and low soil heavy metals, lots of vegetation if possible, and ideally no animals >2m size because they're annoying and boring

so basically go for numbers that make the planet ideal to colonize.

then just reroll colonization a bunch and you'll occasionally see population 4~6b and rarely it spikes to 11~12b if there's enough immigration and population growth fast enough to enable the "sector capital has relocated to the planet" history event, and the RNG aligns in your favor for the event to actually happen.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Wooper posted:

What gets me is the non-sentient animals doing deep strikes behind your lines to cut off your supplies.

Personally I'm a fan of enemies apparently ignoring the movement penalties for newly-conquered terrain and ZOC, and moving impossibly far between my armies to block my supply lines. Just a massive gently caress You from the game.