Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Hey guys, I'm really excited to show you all something I've been working on since the beginning of 2018 with another goon (who chooses to keep his username a secret).

WHAT IS RHYME STORM?

Rhyme Storm is the world's first freestyle rapping rhythm game. It's kind of like playing Guitar Hero but with your voice as the instrument. Rhyme Storm gives you rhyme words that you say on beat- you build phrasing around the rhyme words to boost your multiplier. Check out our trailer right here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce2T7M9xhzY

THAT LOOKS FUN, TELL ME MORE!

Sure! You can wishlist us now as we are launching as an Early Access title on Steam. We will only be available on Windows 10 at launch, but as we continue developing we'll be supporting other platforms. System requirements are fairly low, so long as you have Windows 10 + a Microphone you can probably play our game! Full specs are on the Steam page.

AWESOME! WHAT'S IN THE LAUNCH?

Our feature list is available on steam but allow me to expand on it a bit here.

Topic Generation: Rhyme Storm has over 10,000 topics and rhyme words, and it can range from the ridiculous to the poignant. We really feel like the backbone of this game is fun, and it's fun to try to fit some ridiculous words together on a beat.

Score System: See how well you’re doing in real time with a dynamic scoring system, measuring your ability to say the words on the screen and to build phrasing around those words.

Really cool music: 20+ awesome beats in various styles and speeds. We've got boom bap beats, we've got trap beats, we've got lo-fi beats, you can really find what suits your mood.

Really cool graphics: Rhyme Storms graphics are like interactive light shows that respond to the music and your performance. We love visualizers, having one that dynamically intensifies from your ability to rap just feels really good. Post launch, we're going to some really crazy places with these.
Your own personal hype man! We made this really cool system that lets you know when you're killing it. A voice pops in and drops little adlibs. It’s fun and funny!

Progress Tracking: You get detailed stats on your rapping like your average word length, number of unique words, and your peak words per minute after every song.

WOW! WHAT'S COMING DOWN THE ROAD?

An advantage of being Early Access is we get to keep growing our game with direct input. We wouldn't be launching if we didn't already think the game is great- but it is going to get even greater! Aside from content packs like new beats, visualizers, and topics, we'll be adding multiplayer modes, global stats, and even a fully dedicated VR experience. We've got some wicked concepts for what that's going to look like.

I LOVE GOON PROJECTS! HOW CAN I SUPPORT THIS??

Add us to your wishlist on Steam. We're launching at a discounted price and we're expecting to raise the price once we've added certain features, so if you're curious and want to support goon projects this is the cheapest time to get on board.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU