Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crini
Sep 2, 2011

While I want these numbers to be true, I thought party affiliation in FL wasn’t an accurate representation of how people actually voted?

I thought plenty of Florida counties that were majority D registers had solidly voted for Trump, Romney, McCain, Bush etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crini
Sep 2, 2011

DynamicSloth posted:

AP has called ME-2 for Trump, joining Decision Desk.

I think the only way this matters is if Biden somehow wins NC and loses MI.

Has Trump flipped a single Clinton state from 2016? I know he greatly increased his vote total in an election with high turnout, but I don’t think he flipped anything. Possibly NV?

Crini
Sep 2, 2011

TulliusCicero posted:

He didn't flip anything, and lost several states he won last time

He needed the Midwest, and the Midwest did not respond

I get the general feeling that Democrats wanted more and didn’t get it. Like a complete rejection of Trump, etc.

But, consider that Trump increased his vote totals, did well across the board with groups that were assumed to be Biden’s, and yet didn’t flip a single state.

Biden, for all his faults, flipped AZ, WI (most likely), MI (most likely), and has chances at PA, GA, and NC.

That’s not too bad.

Of course not taking the Senate isn’t ideal, but it’s a better situation to be in than we were in at this point 4 years ago.

Crini
Sep 2, 2011

Rea posted:

That's what Ralston suspects, yep.

Also, Trump's raw lead in PA is down to 326k.

How many votes yet to be counted?

Crini
Sep 2, 2011

Fojar38 posted:

This makes Biden the winner of the presidency.

CNN hasn’t called AZ or NV so, by their number, not yet.

Crini
Sep 2, 2011

Chinese Gordon posted:

Unfortunately Mitch will simply refuse to bring anything to a vote if he thinks there's the slightest chance of defections. Nothing is getting passed.

What can Biden or the Democrats withhold from McConnell?

All the power can’t be one way, can it?

Crini
Sep 2, 2011
Is it just me or do we keep getting a lot of “if the uncounted votes keep coming back at this rate Biden wins” info and not much of any votes coming in?

Maybe it’s just my perception of things.

Crini
Sep 2, 2011

dwarf74 posted:

Nobody knows. Heavily dependent on how many votes remain to be counted/reported and the distinction between those two. Quants seem bullish, but maybe nobody should trust them at the moment.

What would be the reason for a large number of votes to have been counted, but not released?

Do they count them multiple times to ensure the number is accurate? Do they release based upon a schedule?

Crini
Sep 2, 2011

Arkage posted:

As pointed out in the comments, one has to be a permanent resident in another State for it to be fraud. This could be college students or people living temporarily out of state. A nothing burger until they provide actual evidence.

I’m not a lawyer. Why would they send it to Barr? It’s a state matter, bring it up to the state AG. Or Election Commission.

Crini
Sep 2, 2011

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Yeah it's important to point out to people in this thread who are terminally online like myself that:

Joe Biden has won and will continue to win Pennsylvania. And in some republican miracle that he does lose it through litigation, he doesn't need it to carry the election win either. He would be at exactly 270. It's fine.

I promise I’m not doom posting, but....

If you want to make the argument that PA could somehow get invalidated through the courts, you have to assume the same could happen elsewhere. So losing PA would be a ‘big deal’, because they would try to invalidate NV or GA or even something like DC or WA, anything they could just to lose more electoral votes. They wouldn’t just overturn PA and then stop, they’d find or fake it somewhere else.

I’m not a lawyer, I don’t think they can overturn states votes, and I’m just overall concerned that this damages the overall electoral process.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crini
Sep 2, 2011

davecrazy posted:

What’s stopping from Biden from saying “everybody fired by Trump between now and Jan 20 will be immediately reinstated on Jan 21”?

Maybe the fact that Biden wouldn’t hire them under normal circumstances? If they were appointed under a republican administration, chances are they are more likely to be republicans.