Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Twibbit posted:

Tank Glam! FF14

After the coat dropped in a dungeon I reglammed all my gear to mostly go with it.

What coat is that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Nice. Pity it isn't dyeable.

I'm eager to see how the tanking stuff from the 5.3 Nier raid looks on my Roegadude.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Kitfox88 posted:

There’s a similarity patterned all classes dyable you can get from a post hildibrand side quest in ishgard, called the scholastic coat iirc

Oh nice, I'll have to try and remember that when I get back into town.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Harrow posted:

The Red Mage relic weapon in Shadowbringers looks really nice and I need to finish getting RDM to 80 so I can grab it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0iqjv0Da2U&t=328s

I really like the sword, I just wish the floaty was a different color.
I get that they're Red Mages, but not everything needs to be friggin red.

I don't have access to my PC to supply any screenshots, but, my RDM Glam is the Scion Adventurers outfit, with the shoes and jacket dyed blue, with the Shaded Spectacles and the Rapier of the Round, though sometimes I swap that out for the Chicken Knife.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Spoken like someone who doesn't play a bluish-white roegadude.
Red is not his color :colbert:

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Kyrosiris posted:

Gun owns, outfit owns.

That is a glorious head of hair

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Kitfox88 posted:

What top is that?

I'm gonna guess that it's the Augmented version of the Crystarium Tabard of Fending

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Finally got all 5 pieces of the Bozjan tanking gear, and promptly only used 3 of them for glam.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

thetoughestbean posted:

The chinstrap beard and the sunglasses work pretty well

:negative: Sadly, I'm pretty sure that's the closest thing to a full beard that this game has, unless the Hrothgar have one. I dunno since I have no desire to play as one.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Getting ready for the Starlight Celebration

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

AnonSpore posted:

Also sometimes you'll see The Perfect Piece on someone else's character and that exact piece of gear inexplicably looks entirely different on your race/gender combo

Yeah. The Rathalos chestpiece is a prime example. On dudes, it looks really kick-rear end, but it looks completely different and boring on female toons.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Ooh. Not crazy about the blade, I was never into the whole wiggly flamberge look, but that's a really nice hilt on that sword.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I'm kinda surprised there haven't been more The Secret World posts. That game has a fuckton of dress up options as well.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Went and converted my private FC room into a kitchen, immediately thought to myself: "I Have The Flour!"

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Crackerjack posted:

I thought I was lacking in the fanciness department, so I set to fix that.

Oh yeah, that's the stuff.

That MCH glam *chef's kiss*

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Twibbit posted:

Gambler coat from the gold saucer

AKA The Setzer cosplay.
And yeah, it's sweet. It was my DNC glam the whole time I was leveling it.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Is there a place to find images of all the weapons in FFXIV?
I always have a rough time remembering stuff like the Savage weapons exist when I'm trying to suggest options to people, it'd be nice if there was a catalog.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

https://twitter.com/LeoNap247/status/1377188495865745408?s=19

So I just realized this Twitter existed, and holy poo poo, some mad genius made the cafe from Persona 5

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I don't play SAM much, just enough to hit 80 on it.
But, it was around Xmas time when I was working on that, and one of my raid buddies crafted me a Shinryu Katana as a present, so that's my forever glam if I do go back to the class.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Zack Ater posted:

What's that sword?

I'm assuming it's the Crystarium one

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Hunter Noventa posted:

This combo of a new gshape preset i was trying and the allagan terminal lighting really made this stand out for me.

Looks cool as hell, like you're at an arcade

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Zurtilik posted:

When will Square Enix give me body hair though?!

I want some better facial hair options, and some necklace items that aren't chokers, collars or gorgets. Granted, there's a few neck items like that already, like the Heirloom ones, but, it's still 99% of the former.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Cythereal posted:

It's not the most creative new glam, but I like it.

What gear is that?
One of the things holding me back from playing SAM more often is not finding any glams for it that I'm happy with, but that looks like it might work on my Roegadude

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Molybdenum makes such great looking weapons.
I loved that Gunblade

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Oh poo poo, is that the GNB relic armor for Endwalker? Goddamn that is sharp.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Harrow posted:

The new Gunbreaker AF armor is extremely good and as a result this is the happiest I think I've ever been with how my character looks. Nothing special, just dyed Gunbreaker AF coat (void blue) and gloves (dark brown), YoRHa Type-53 pants dyed mole brown, and Rebel Boots dyed dark brown. Weapon is the Neo-Ishgardian Manatrigger.

I'm personally a little bummed because the 90 AF gear looks too...tight on my Roegadude.
Like he's a 4x shirt trying to wear a 3x.

I need to make a good Reaper glam for him. Right now I'm using the Bozja Maiming set, but I don't think that's a long-term glam solution.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Leraika posted:

War Scythe of the Forgiven is pretty.

I like the Lakeland one because it's a nice, clean design. No frills or anything.

Now if I could just get it to actually drop for me.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

fool of sound posted:

Finished up my fashion updates so I can stop obsessing about it until I level more stuff

Ah, a fellow Roegadude of culture. I knew you were my favorite (ex) mod.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

jokes posted:

Wanna play this game but I do not want to deal with the headaches of playing a translated game that isn’t released in the USA

That was how I felt about the Dragonball MMO from way back.
Looked neat, wanted to try it, but it never got a US release and I wasn't in the mood to go through the hassle of the fanslation attempt that came out.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Lazy Fair posted:

I'm using the same chest armor on Reaper:

Might switch pants/boots to something else.

Goddammit, I need that scythe.
I've taken a couple cracks at it with my static, and we've made it to enrage, but the best we've managed is 15% before wipe.

Right now, my scythe glam is the Lakeland one, and unless I get your scythe, it'll probably be the scythe glam I use until relic weapons drop.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Bruceski posted:

Not bad, it asks a lot. I think between the two current extremes EX1 is about rapidly parsing information and EX2 is more predictable but trickier execution. Of course, everything's predictable once you know it.

Yeah. It's the Light waves that are getting us more than anything. We're improving, but yeah, still getting too many deaths and dps loss to come back from it.
But, we're getting better, and as we get new gear tiers, the fight will only get easier.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Vargs posted:

Finished the FFXIV MSQ a little while ago and have been working on leveling a few jobs and setting up glams. While I wish the dye system was more in-depth, oveall I'm pretty happy with what I've made so far.

Sage:

Paladin, which I just used as much of my Sage setup for as I could because armored knights with shields are out and fightwizards are in:

Bard:

Red Mage, which I refuse to make red:

Reaper, which I'm least satisfied with but I find the job hard to work with. Would that I could wear Amon's hat:

The eye makeup makes those outfits at least 45% more badass.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

fool of sound posted:

The big winner from that set is the first? necklace that doesn't suck!

Agreed. So many necklaces in the game look like hot garbage on my character or just aren't what I want.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

kirbysuperstar posted:

i am now fishgirl kirito

What game is that from? Almost looks like a Dragon Quest title.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Odd Wilson posted:

DQX is one of those games I keep meaning to check out, but always forget after being reminded of it

I wanted to check it out, but I didn't think it ever got a north American release.
Same reason I never got to try the DBZ MMO

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

fool of sound posted:

I receive free comms because I named my hellguard Broken Butte

I want to believe that the backstory for getting that name is a shot for shot reenactment of the Abraham Lincoln sketch from WKUK

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I need a new WAR glam for my roegadude.

For awhile I was just using the ARR relic set since I used Bravura Atma for my weapon glam, but I've been wanting to change it up a bit.
Tried using the Bozjan fending set, but it just isn't hitting for me with an axe, not after using it at my GNB glam for a good while.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

If one is to assist a Manderville man, then one must be a Manderville man!

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

The black bodysuit under shorts thing is giving me Mashle vibes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I loving love the Power Ranger glam.
Fun Fact: The Metallic Brass dye matches the chest shield thing, and a lot of the Lost Allagan weapons with that dye match really well. And the Scaevan scythe is just perfect with it.