Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Maybe he means legendary as in legendarily bad because I don’t know of anyone who thinks of kid rock as anything beyond a joke meme with bad early 2000s music

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trollologist
Mar 3, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Can't wait for the scathing insight from modern day Mark Twain Kid Rock.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Why the lyrics “Bawitdaba, da bang, da dang diggy diggy, diggy, said the boogie, said up jump the boogie” should be taught in every school in the nation, tonight on Tucker Carlson

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Kid Rock singling out "snowflakes" for his ire in 2021 was somehow behind the times even for the Fox News crowd. It was a very 2016 thing, they had definitely moved on by then.

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Mar 22, 2022

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
I've said this just about anywhere possible but Tucker Carlson has the world's most punchable face. For the absolute horseshit he spouts either because he believes it or is too lacking in moral integrity to stop and the critical damage it has done to politics globally, if given the opportunity, I wouldn't stop punching that face until my own knuckles fell off.

He's not a useful idiot, he's either a true believer or should be consigned to the deepest pits of hell as he chokes on the filth, the lies and the sheer venom he spits to line his own pocket while the country he supposedly loves festers from its already rotten core.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

Intoluene posted:

I've said this just about anywhere possible but Tucker Carlson has the world's most punchable face. For the absolute horseshit he spouts either because he believes it or is too lacking in moral integrity to stop and the critical damage it has done to politics globally, if given the opportunity, I wouldn't stop punching that face until my own knuckles fell off.

He's not a useful idiot, he's either a true believer or should be consigned to the deepest pits of hell as he chokes on the filth, the lies and the sheer venom he spits to line his own pocket while the country he supposedly loves festers from its already rotten core.

I like what you're throwin' down!!

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Tucker is far from alone. He has allies of course:

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

Intoluene posted:

I like that Tucker deliberately makes that face too. He puts on this confused mug because he thinks that's how thoughtful people look when smart people are talking to them because he thinks he is a smart person and when he talks to people they look utterly confused by whatever nonsense he's trying to sell them.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

PeterWeller posted:

I like that Tucker deliberately makes that face too. He puts on this confused mug because he thinks that's how thoughtful people look when smart people are talking to them because he thinks he is a smart person and when he talks to people they look utterly confused by whatever nonsense he's trying to sell them.

I assume this was supposed to be a joke, but that's not what he thinks smart people look like. He's a prep school dweeb who used to wear a bow tie. It's him shedding all the intellectual poo poo and trying to look like just a dude. He's not a dumbass, he's just pandering to people he (correctly) believes are dumbasses.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Intoluene posted:

As near as I and most people can tell, he's not a true believer, it's just an evil piece of poo poo.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Jaxyon posted:

As near as I and most people can tell, he's not a true believer, it's just an evil piece of poo poo.

depends on what you mean by true believer. as far as neoconservative thought goes, he's a born-and-bred true believer. kind of thing that happens when your dad's a big wheel at Voice of America and there's a part of your life story that reads "went to Nicaragua to help the Contras." as far as the stuff he says on TV, -that- has always been transparent pandering. back during the Bush years his angle was The Proud Elitist, the guy who's sick and tired of having to pretend that the rabble and their concerns are anything the true and rightful rulers of the country should give a poo poo about. the bowtie Jon Stewart so famously gave him poo poo for was part of a pretty carefully crafted persona! as the leading lights of the New Atheism movement learned around this time, there were a lot of very rich people who had spent the Clinton years fuming about being out of power, and catering to their feeling of triumphant reclamation of the reins of the world was a great way to expedite your career!

then the neocon project faceplanted and he learned a valuable lesson about a brand premised on "we are on top and will be on top forever." the modern tucker carlson is something born of the realization that there will be times he and his are not calling the shots, and it's important to have some kind of explanation for why your audience is not seeing anything in the world get better for them either with you in power or without you in power.

and so you get modern tucker carlson, a man who spends most of his time pointing at his bush-era self and saying "yup, all elites are exactly like that guy, they are exclusively motivated by hating you and you personally, and anything that happens you don't like is because of their inexplicable malevolence, aren't you lucky you have champions like me and whoever I tell you the good ones are today"

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

So he's pretty much the David Bowie of right wing grift RE: Reinventing himself.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Goddamn I can't wait till Tucker Carlson gets into his spaceman phase.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Carlson melted down when Rutger Bregman called him out so he definitely has at least sipped on the kool aid.

bobua
Mar 23, 2003
I'd trade it all for just a little more.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

depends on what you mean by true believer. as far as neoconservative thought goes, he's a born-and-bred true believer. kind of thing that happens when your dad's a big wheel at Voice of America and there's a part of your life story that reads "went to Nicaragua to help the Contras." as far as the stuff he says on TV, -that- has always been transparent pandering. back during the Bush years his angle was The Proud Elitist, the guy who's sick and tired of having to pretend that the rabble and their concerns are anything the true and rightful rulers of the country should give a poo poo about. the bowtie Jon Stewart so famously gave him poo poo for was part of a pretty carefully crafted persona! as the leading lights of the New Atheism movement learned around this time, there were a lot of very rich people who had spent the Clinton years fuming about being out of power, and catering to their feeling of triumphant reclamation of the reins of the world was a great way to expedite your career!

then the neocon project faceplanted and he learned a valuable lesson about a brand premised on "we are on top and will be on top forever." the modern tucker carlson is something born of the realization that there will be times he and his are not calling the shots, and it's important to have some kind of explanation for why your audience is not seeing anything in the world get better for them either with you in power or without you in power.

and so you get modern tucker carlson, a man who spends most of his time pointing at his bush-era self and saying "yup, all elites are exactly like that guy, they are exclusively motivated by hating you and you personally, and anything that happens you don't like is because of their inexplicable malevolence, aren't you lucky you have champions like me and whoever I tell you the good ones are today"

Entirely possible. I think this is giving him too much credit though.

His elitist and proud persona was the same tired old racist\bigoted rebellion. 'THEY want you to feel guilty for being proud of being white!' Except his, being an actual rich\elite, extended to 'They want me to feel guilty about being rich!'

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

Sinteres posted:

I assume this was supposed to be a joke, but that's not what he thinks smart people look like. He's a prep school dweeb who used to wear a bow tie. It's him shedding all the intellectual poo poo and trying to look like just a dude. He's not a dumbass, he's just pandering to people he (correctly) believes are dumbasses.

It was meant to be a joke, but also, he is definitely a dumbass who thinks thoughtful people look like they're trying really hard to digest what they're being told.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
I think he's not as hardcore a white supremacist as he plays. Like, I'm sure he's a racist and thinks awful things about people of color, but I don't think he's quite as white supremacist as he's doing for ratings.

Having said that, if you stare into the abyss and all that, people eventually become what they pretend to be.

And it doesn't matter if he's a true believer, it's irrelevant to what he does.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Fucker Carlson warns that removing Putin would make things worse.

“So, Russia has a large and restive population of Islamic extremists. Do we think it’s possible that with no one running the country ― because of course we have no chosen successor to Putin ― is it possible, if we did that, that one of those 6,000 nuclear weapons might wind up in the hands of some anti-American terror group and be used against our civilian population here?” he asked. “A nuclear weapon! Well, it’s not just possible, it’s likely.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/tucker-carlson-goes-big-protecting-065556448.html

What a POS!

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

CocoaNuts posted:

“So, Russia has a large and restive population of Islamic extremists. Do we think it’s possible that with no one running the country ― because of course we have no chosen successor to Putin ― is it possible, if we did that, that one of those 6,000 nuclear weapons might wind up in the hands of some anti-American terror group and be used against our civilian population here?” he asked. “A nuclear weapon! Well, it’s not just possible, it’s likely.”

What a POS!

Unfortunately the worst person in the planet made a good point. It's not like Democratic forces are going to take the country over and bring forth a new social Democratic world order. More likely than not ultranationalists would take power. I do hate Tucker Carlson he's a Nazi piece of poo poo.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

CocoaNuts posted:

What a POS!

Russian state collapse is legitimately a terrifying prospect. The Soviet collapse was messy as hell as it was, and obviously led to widespread devastation and even death for many of the people living there, and that was with at least some amount of cooperation between Russia and the West to deal with nuclear security issues. State collapse is obviously an extreme scenario, but if the sanctions pressure really did tip Russia into failed state territory to the point where regime survival was at stake, the consequences could conceivably be bad in a whole bunch of ways, even if saying nuclear weapons falling into the hands of terror groups would be likely is overstating the case.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

It’s stupid because who’s talking about regime change in Russia except for the chattering imbeciles who populate cable news? Oh it sure would be bad if crazy Old Man Biden did a color revolution on Russia with the CIA. Nobody but the ghouls in the press corps are interested in that.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I AM GRANDO posted:

It’s stupid because who’s talking about regime change in Russia except for the chattering imbeciles who populate cable news? Oh it sure would be bad if crazy Old Man Biden did a color revolution on Russia with the CIA. Nobody but the ghouls in the press corps are interested in that.

Biden borderline called for regime change the other day even if he kind of walked it back and said it was just a moral perspective rather than his policy position, and some of the biggest advocates of crippling sanctions have made it pretty clear that regime change by other means is at least a longshot goal. I think there would be huge buyer's remorse and a lot of policy wonks would suddenly say they didn't mean to actually do it if it suddenly materialized (which, to be clear, I don't think is likely), but this level of sanctions pressure overnight is pretty much unprecedented, so it's not like they can say oops we tried to be careful but accidentally went too far.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Oh no, what is Russia going to do without putin? Invade a European country?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Sinteres posted:

Biden borderline called for regime change the other day even if he kind of walked it back and said it was just a moral perspective rather than his policy position, and some of the biggest advocates of crippling sanctions have made it pretty clear that regime change by other means is at least a longshot goal. I think there would be huge buyer's remorse and a lot of policy wonks would suddenly say they didn't mean to actually do it if it suddenly materialized (which, to be clear, I don't think is likely), but this level of sanctions pressure overnight is pretty much unprecedented, so it's not like they can say oops we tried to be careful but accidentally went too far.

Regime change is going to happen eventually matter what cause the dude is pretty old and has refused to accept he won't be around forever. There's no successor.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

mobby_6kl posted:

Oh no, what is Russia going to do without putin? Invade a European country?

There's a decent chance there would be another war inside Russia, and like I said if the Soviet collapse was any indication state/economic collapse within Russia could lead to a whole lot of early deaths. Maybe it's hard to remember while hyped up on war propaganda, but Russians are people too and we should care if our policies contribute to suffering there even if they can't retaliate against us, especially since everyone agrees Putin is a brutal dictator so he doesn't represent the will of the Russian people.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Wasn't the collapse not the actual cause of the misery but Yeltsin's subsequent dumb loving policies to rapidly decommunise the economy that caused market shocks and supply chain collapse? Like obviously losing access to the satellite republics' resources was one thing but I was under the impression it was the economic reforms that did the damage.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Unfortunately the worst person in the planet made a good point. It's not like Democratic forces are going to take the country over and bring forth a new social Democratic world order. More likely than not ultranationalists would take power. I do hate Tucker Carlson he's a Nazi piece of poo poo.

No he didn't. Chechen radicals aren't going to take over Russia and start threatening to nuke the Great Satan even in the worst case scenarios following Putin's fall from power.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

PeterWeller posted:

No he didn't. Chechen radicals aren't going to take over Russia and start threatening to nuke the Great Satan even in the worst case scenarios following Putin's fall from power.

What's half of the worst scenario? That's what I'm worried about. It's not that this regime will be effective, or anything and actually be a threat. It's more that end of Putin's regime is open ended and not in a frolicking in democracy kind of way. Russia has never been democratic. Even after the Soviet Union fell, the stock distribution program made the existing capitalist structure inside of Soviet Russia able to open their arms an envelope the entire country.

Russia has now been enveloped in this superiority complex for so loving long that anyone who isn't more to the right of Putin is going to just be a non-candidate.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Let's not forget about comrade Tulsi.

https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/status/1509330152735584262

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Well now that Russian media said it, I think this establishes Tulsi's not an agent but just a useful idiot :v:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Angry_Ed posted:

Well now that Russian media said it, I think this establishes Tulsi's not an agent but just a useful idiot :v:

Yeah that's most likley, didn't she receive like 60 bucks from some pro-russian PAC or whatever? That's not enough for an actuall asset, one woudl think.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

mobby_6kl posted:

Yeah that's most likley, didn't she receive like 60 bucks from some pro-russian PAC or whatever? That's not enough for an actuall asset, one woudl think.

Well we do know that it's hilariously cheap to bribe politicians in general but $60 is probably too low for anyone not named Duncan Hunter.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

What's half of the worst scenario? That's what I'm worried about. It's not that this regime will be effective, or anything and actually be a threat. It's more that end of Putin's regime is open ended and not in a frolicking in democracy kind of way. Russia has never been democratic. Even after the Soviet Union fell, the stock distribution program made the existing capitalist structure inside of Soviet Russia able to open their arms an envelope the entire country.

Russia has now been enveloped in this superiority complex for so loving long that anyone who isn't more to the right of Putin is going to just be a non-candidate.

It's not that Putin's fall wouldn't lead to some lovely outcomes for Russia and possibly the rest of the world. It's that the idea of "Islamic Extremists" getting ahold of a nuke is bullshit out of spy novels. This is Tucker using Islamophobia to indirectly Stan for his man Putin.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

PeterWeller posted:

It's not that Putin's fall wouldn't lead to some lovely outcomes for Russia and possibly the rest of the world. It's that the idea of "Islamic Extremists" getting ahold of a nuke is bullshit out of spy novels. This is Tucker using Islamophobia to indirectly Stan for his man Putin.

That's how I see it too.

That said, I know precious little about Russian politics. I think the dream scenario would be Alexei Navalny but readily admit it's a real long shot.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Putting modern unscrupulous antics in the context of a different era...

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004
Flew Delta from Ft. Myers, FL this weekend. They had the free in-seat movies and live tv thing. Which was awesome.

However, walking back to the bathroom to change my boy's diaper, i had no idea i'd leave one claustophobic nightmare just to walk into another...

Tucker Face. Coming from way too many seat back monitors than I was comfortable with as I made my way back to our seats.

The lesson? The 40% is REAL. And it's mostly retired white males.

I mean, gently caress. They had free Dune or Far From Home on tap and they choose to look at that bobble headed moron.

discipline
May 22, 2007
Tucker Carlson is dangerous precisely because he does stuff like poison the well when it comes to antiwar movements. His core audience isn't going to buy into a message of peace, but DNC hawks will point to him saying 40% of the right thing and smear the antiwar movement with it. GOP hawks can feel free to disregard, of course.

It's not a coincidence that he took up this isolationist mantle right around the same time that orgs like DSA became more reasonable about their foreign policy platform.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Just a little recap:

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Did you hear that men are at risk of extinction?

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1515145297806172162

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Oh noes!
I am sure the bow tie wearing poindexter with the whiny voice will have a solution to this!