Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Froghammer posted:

Tucker's handlers absolutely do not want him near the reigns of power. Dude's got paymasters to please.

I don't think even Tucker wants actual power. He's making CEO money at Fox and gets to shoot off his mouth with no repercussions at this point - the more outrageous he is, the more his viewers love him. Anything that would get him fired/canceled at Fox will likely also make him unelectable - and he has far less responsibility to actually accomplish anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Sinteres posted:

Even as blatant as Trump was about a ton of poo poo, he's still a free man. I don't know why anyone would view that as a cautionary tale. Even if something does end up happening, I feel like the takeway would just be to be less blatantly criminal and corrupt, not that it's too risky to be powerful in America.

Right now it isn't any kind of tale. If and when charges are brought, who they are brought against will determine whether or not it's a cautionary tale. If it's just the Trump Org, it will make people even more brazen. OTOH, if it's Trump, his kids, Kushner, and various other hangers-on (whether in a political or financial capacity), it will be a massive cautionary tale - even the chance of getting pulled into court for a years long trial is exhausting.

The real question now is whether the prosecutors have enough evidence and backing to follow through.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Jesus III posted:

Does anyone think the Dominion texts and emails will harm this chucklenut's power over old men at all?

Why on earth would they start acknowledging reality now? Anyone who has believed Carlson since Trump took office has no reason to change their behavior based on a lawsuit they won't read or care about. Because fake news.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

OgNar posted:

But it is a useful tool in arguments now with 'those' people, i.e. your uncles and coworkers.
Every single news outlet that isnt Fox news is talking about it, yet you dont hear Fox in any way calling everyone else liars.
Its on Reuters, APNews and even PBS.
They are using other misdirection and falsehoods to create other things to shout about but at no point do they try to refute it.
And you know thats something they would bitch about if it were in any way false.

Its not going to sway all of them.
But maybe a few will finally wise up. And thats really the best you can hope for.
But then at the rate they churn out kids, it may still be a losing battle. :D

e: LOL, just did a search for Dominion on Fox and all the articles are from 2020.

It wouldn't matter if this were Politico, CNN, ProPublica, etc. - Fox is currently in a $1.6 billion lawsuit with Dominion. The entire network almost certainly has strict instructions from their litigators to not, under any circumstances, report on it until the trial is over. Especially don't offer any kind of opinion reporting (i.e. Tucker Carlson) as it may damage their case.

When CNN got sued by that MAGA hat kid, I'm pretty sure they stopped reporting on it entirely between "CNN being sued" and "Lawsuit with MAGA hit kid over."