Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Dog King posted:

Fair enough. I still think bringing up how it might violate laws is more liberal than right-wing, but I'm more interested in the thing itself than married to any particular messaging.

How is, "law" a liberal thing versus a right wing thing? What laws would be violated if Tucker were purged instantly from all privately held platforms of all types for even the most absurd of reasons? Please tell me what laws you are worried this would run afoul of, in detail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Clarste posted:

Not to defend the troll, but I thought the implication was that the right doesn't even pretend to care about the rule of law.

Correct, but the right is also loathe to admit it in so many words and instead couches it in vague and incoherent "free speech" garbage as though their dogshit opinions and paranoiac turtle mentality are a stand-in for morality. I just want to know exactly what case law and precedent has Dog King so worried about millionaire New York socialite and trust find to the Swanson fortune Tucker Swanson Carlson being unfairly silenced or why said silencing wouldn't be just or appropriate

For example if Tucker Carlson created an account here I would immediately submit a ban for them, what argument would hold weight to prevent me from doing so?