Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

doverhog posted:

He's dangerous and could get into politics, and win.

He's not going into politics. He'd take a pay cut, face actual scrutiny, and have to deliver on his bullshit. That last part is the secret of all wingnut pundits. They know their "solutions" and "policies" are just grievance and nonsense and are only appealing as long as they remain nebulous and theoretical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

twerking on the railroad posted:

Couldn't one have said the same about Trump and his frequent Presidential runs?

Sometimes the dog catches the truck.

I dunno. Maybe. Trump only mounted one serious run for president, and he did so to cash in on the grift machine. Tucker is already cashing in on that machine.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

Intoluene posted:

I've said this just about anywhere possible but Tucker Carlson has the world's most punchable face. For the absolute horseshit he spouts either because he believes it or is too lacking in moral integrity to stop and the critical damage it has done to politics globally, if given the opportunity, I wouldn't stop punching that face until my own knuckles fell off.

He's not a useful idiot, he's either a true believer or should be consigned to the deepest pits of hell as he chokes on the filth, the lies and the sheer venom he spits to line his own pocket while the country he supposedly loves festers from its already rotten core.

I like that Tucker deliberately makes that face too. He puts on this confused mug because he thinks that's how thoughtful people look when smart people are talking to them because he thinks he is a smart person and when he talks to people they look utterly confused by whatever nonsense he's trying to sell them.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

Sinteres posted:

I assume this was supposed to be a joke, but that's not what he thinks smart people look like. He's a prep school dweeb who used to wear a bow tie. It's him shedding all the intellectual poo poo and trying to look like just a dude. He's not a dumbass, he's just pandering to people he (correctly) believes are dumbasses.

It was meant to be a joke, but also, he is definitely a dumbass who thinks thoughtful people look like they're trying really hard to digest what they're being told.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Unfortunately the worst person in the planet made a good point. It's not like Democratic forces are going to take the country over and bring forth a new social Democratic world order. More likely than not ultranationalists would take power. I do hate Tucker Carlson he's a Nazi piece of poo poo.

No he didn't. Chechen radicals aren't going to take over Russia and start threatening to nuke the Great Satan even in the worst case scenarios following Putin's fall from power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

What's half of the worst scenario? That's what I'm worried about. It's not that this regime will be effective, or anything and actually be a threat. It's more that end of Putin's regime is open ended and not in a frolicking in democracy kind of way. Russia has never been democratic. Even after the Soviet Union fell, the stock distribution program made the existing capitalist structure inside of Soviet Russia able to open their arms an envelope the entire country.

Russia has now been enveloped in this superiority complex for so loving long that anyone who isn't more to the right of Putin is going to just be a non-candidate.

It's not that Putin's fall wouldn't lead to some lovely outcomes for Russia and possibly the rest of the world. It's that the idea of "Islamic Extremists" getting ahold of a nuke is bullshit out of spy novels. This is Tucker using Islamophobia to indirectly Stan for his man Putin.