Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prurient Squid

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
That's as far as I got vis a vis concept.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
consider me the shadrach to ur abendigo op

:haibrow:

biosterous

ehud wouldn't have gotten away with his assassination so will if king eglon wasn't a stall man

makes u think

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Prurient Squid

The adventure is narrated by Johnny Cash now.

Prurient Squid

Saul and Barnabus made their way unto the temple. There they saw the likeness of a man and before him he bore a proclamation. "Go hence to Tyre where their people have constructed an idol. An abomination that surely will bring iniquity upon thy generation even as unto they children and to the dust under thy feet". And when they heard this they were sorely shook for they were tired from their solemn ablutions and Tyre was a journey if many days and nights.

Turn to page 142.

cda

by Hand Knit
A CYOA Bible would own. It's like a regular Bible but there are all kinds of different endings and depending on what you pick you end up reading q different Gospel etc

cda

by Hand Knit
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 

Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.

IF GOD SAW THAT THE LIGHT WAS GOOD, TURN TO PAGE 7

IF GOD SAW THAT THE LIGHT WAS BAD, TURN TO PAGE 12

nut

if Jesus wept go to page 2

if Jesus leapt go to page 3

if Jesus crept go to page 4

if Jesus slept go to page 5

if Jesus got verklempt go to page 6

Tomfoolery

Hi, I am essentially trying to make a Jesus like character in DnD, I want to convert people to my beliefs (Was thinking Lawful Good or Chaotic Good)

I was wondering what the best class choice would be? I wanted to go a cleric with High Charisma and try and bluff and persuade others into believing in my cause, OR a Transmutation focused wizard (turn water into wine ect)

Does anyone have any experience with making such a character?

EDIT: We are only using Core Rulebook for Character creation and I'll be finalizing my character on the day, so far I have had some wonderful ideas thrown my way and will definitely be incorporating as much as possible

Tomfoolery

Interesting concept. Some initial thoughts: Jesus was a teacher. Everywhere he went people referred to him as such. He should have a high wisdom and high intelligence. Those should be his highest stats probably.

Jesus was a healer. While he had many followers who were truly devoted to him and his teachings, many people followed because he could heal them and because he could provide them food (loaves and fishes). This also means he was likely a pacifist. He healed the roman solider's ear when Peter tried to fight the mob off that came to arrest Jesus.

Jesus was good. He didn't care much for tradition that is for certain (he called out the Pharisees' hypocrisy several times), but he also said "render unto Caesar what is Caesar's." He didn't willfully disobey the law. I would put him at NG.

Jesus was a loner. There are many examples when he "left the multitude" seeking solitude. Keep this in mind. He was likely what we would call an introvert today. In that regard, I would actually not give him a very high charisma. He was persuasive yes but it was really his teachings that were persuasive--his argument--not his presence and charm.

If I had to hazard a concept I would say NG protector aasimar Life Cleric who uses misdirection, buffing, and control rather than a weapon in combat. Has a background in craftsmanship (Joseph was a carpenter) with persuasion and medicine as skills. Stats (using standard array): S 12 D 8 C 13 I 14 W 16 Ch 12

Tomfoolery

First, I'm a Christian (and a pastor), so this is sailing pretty close to the wind for me, but I'll roll with it. As far as I'm concerned, he is God, and since when do we let players control gods? But if you seriously want to make a Jesus-like PC as he's presented in the Bible (and if you don't want to reference from the Bible, you're pulling stuff out of your butt so do what you like)...

I can see where you're coming from with aasimar with the whole celestial thing. I still think human, but I'll grant aasimar.

No idea where you get Paladin from given he was a pacifist (turning a few tables over does not a Paladin make - maybe you want Paladin St Peter, he cut off a guy's ear). Given Jesus was a rabbi, I think cleric.

Carpenter/builder, so artisan background.

As for stats, CHA>WIS>INT>CON>DEX>STR. Con could be up there, he fasted for 40 days after all, but wis works and gets your clerical bonuses. Dex and strength are a toss up, but I see what you're doing there with the carpentry. Given he's a pacifist, it's not like he's going to go around bashing things.

This one's going to be more RP than combat focused.

Prurient Squid

I think the reason why Jesus didn't chop dudes is because he was the brains of the operation. He could leagve the muscle to guys like St. Paul to put the hurt on creeps. Really he's like the King in chess and I guess Checkmate is kind of like the Crucifixion. I haven't really thought it through though.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Instead of John the Baptist, it's John the Sadist.

"We're gonna beat the everliving sin out of you!"

-Southern Sadist Church

Prurient Squid

I've here to kick rear end and eat locusts. And I'm all out of locusts.

Doctor Dogballs

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

Who told you to put the psalm on? Did I tell you to put the psalm on? I didn't tell you to put the psalm on!

----------------
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HopefulSophisticatedIndianrhinoceros-mobile.webm
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

Doctor Dogballs

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

I try to sneak back into the garden of eden, I pass my Climb check and get over the wall but soon afterwards fail my Sneak check (even though I'm wearing enchanted shoes of muffling), get caught by the invisible angels, who immediately cut my whole body in half with their +3 fire swords

----------------
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HopefulSophisticatedIndianrhinoceros-mobile.webm
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

FutonForensic

i'm reading this book for shitpost material and i gotta say, there's some truly epic poo poo in this thing. floods? giants? snakes? i need to reflect on this

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

The real jesus was far too OP to be a balanced character.

google THIS

What do you mean he isn't dead anymore? Ugh, deus ex machina is such a lazy trope.

Manifisto

depends, how much begetting is involved, and what would my role be?

ty nesamdoom!

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Manifisto posted:

depends, how much begetting is involved, and what would my role be?

There will be no begetting in my Christian role playing game!

Pahilla the Hun

Thinking about making a post

Think about it, make a post

i came at bible camp, but never on a bible adventure

sure, op, i'm down

thanks nesamdoom!!

pizzaz plarpin perfect! thanks Tebulot!

Manifisto

I would go on an adventure with a wisecracking animated bible sidekick.

ty nesamdoom!

biosterous

so maybe The Greatest Adventure Stories from The Bible?

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

we could go on live-action Bible adventures with Bibleman

gallery of sigs

he/him

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

cda posted:

Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

light was GOOD

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

Manifisto

cda posted:

if god created adam and eve, turn to page 19

if god created adam and steve, turn to page 666

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

Manifisto posted:

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Goons Are Gifts

Manifisto posted:

nut

Manifisto posted:

Rocket Baby Dolls

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.

Manifisto posted:

What about those people who don't care about which one is tasting their fruit?

Heather Papps

hello friend

i plop into my chair, backwards, and with a slight motion, shift my sunglasses from eyes to brow, and hair from free to behind ear

"wanna hear something wild, young ones? every day is a bible adventure, because this book chronicles the speaking man, before the rise of ape to his rightful place as master and lord over such a sinful beast. it was the law before the lawgiver, a foolish tale for a now cursed folk."

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Prurient Squid

Is that the thing where David slingshots Goliath's head and it loving explodeds into blood. Because as a kid I found that excessive.

biosterous

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lby9VcF8cV0&t=1319s

wow yeah that's a lot of blood for a kids' Bible cartoon!

i linked the moses one because i remembered that the pharaoh is voiced by james earl jones

gallery of sigs

he/him

Stoner Sloth

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

turn to page 69

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Space Taxi
The parts of the story where Jesus swung from jungle vines were fun but it got a little unrealistic when he walked on quicksand

Pahilla the Hun

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

Stoner Sloth posted:

turn to page 69

lmao

thanks nesamdoom!!

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

lol!

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

Pahilla the Hun

why i oughta

thanks nesamdoom!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock

*randomly flips through book*

page 45 posted:

For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

page 125 posted:

For I received from the Lord what I also passed on to you: The Lord Jesus, on the night he was betrayed, took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said, “This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me.” In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me.”

page 253 posted:

Revving your dirtbike, you nervously looked at the oncoming executioners furious with your disturbance of the crucifixion. You felt a tap on your shoulder and looked behind you

Jesus looked at you and said, “With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God.” and pointed to a ramp that you had not seen beforehand.

"Thank you, Jesus." you replied with gratitude, getting ready to hit that loving sweet jump