Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
I've actually been going though Wikipedia looking at various flags lately and yeah, most US state and city flags are pretty bad. That said I think the flag of Phoenix, AZ is pretty neat (how many purple flags are there?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

SlothfulCobra posted:

Which if you don't see something wrong with because that's not the racist flag that everybody knows about, well it turns out the confederacy was an absolute joke of a country, a pathetic farce. Not actually a sovereign state in any meaningful way, and the flag that they officially adopted was this.

Great idea, borrowing an actual american flag's iconography to have 13 stars for the 13 original colonies, only 6 of which actually consented to secession.

It gets better. Solders complained that the first flag of the CSA looked too much like the flag of the USA and made things confusing on the battlefield, so in 1863 the CSA changed their flag to "The Stainless Banner"

However that looked too much like a white flag of surrender, so in 1865 the flag was changed again to "The Blood-Stained Banner"

It can't be a good sign when your prospective country changes flags 3 times in five years.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

This quiz is 117 questions long. By the end I was just randomly clicking and it gave me a boring rear end flag

Ditto for me

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Here's what you get if you answer every question with "neutral/hesitant"

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Dapper_Swindler posted:

so every time i drive to my gf's house. i pass this house with three flags. 2 i know. one is the christian flag and the other is the Israeli flag. the third one i have never gotten a full look at and its not on road that i can slow down and take a picture like the weird goon i am. from what i see. the flag has writing on it and is yellow and green with some white. I think it has a figure but its curled around the poll most of the time.

Edit. I looked through various nation state flags and i can't find any that look like it.

Christian Flag? do you mean this one?

I've never actually seen or heard of this flag before.

As for that green and yellow one, could it be the Irish "Erin Go Bragh" flag?

I found it on this wikimedia page