Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

The kids voices do not belong to kids

I suppose it's one way to avoid paying for child actors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

I totally forgot stealth killing was a thing :v:

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

From your "one punch man" run in LL and my friend going out of his way to avoid killing people in Exodus, I had to pause and go "oh right, you can just knife them..."

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

I love the way the helmets just pop off the mannequins' heads when you shoot them

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

The voice acting certainly was a choice

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

Xander77 posted:

In the original, the Librarians were a lot more weak. The Hellsing in particular outright wrecked their day. You probably couldn't hoard \ recover enough ammo to kill every single one, but it was fairly close.

In the novel, the Librarians are cloaked figures (IIRC?) who can talk, or at least emulate human speech they heard recently. The while library section is a fairly obvious literary \ philosophical allusion, rather than just the spot where info about D-6 is found.

God, could you imagine if they did talk in the game? I'm imaging they could impersonate people Artyom knows in order to set traps/catch the player off guard. I'm already terrified of the turrets in Portal :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

Thank you so much for the LP! Here's Artyom being a good boy for those who are curious. (I know I was)

Apparently in the Russian version, Artyom's monologue ends with "And maybe, we will deserve that light at the end of that tunnel."