Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

DrManiac posted:

Uh is there an up to date beginner’s guide for the ashes of erbus civ 4 mod? I have no idea what I’m doing because I never really played civ 4. I can normally get my first few cities going pretty good then something comes and pushes my poo poo in.

Ashes of Erebus started out as Fall from Heaven.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=730383169
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/ffh-ii-strategy-thread-index.222845/

If you never played Civ 4 before though, you're probably going to have a rough time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

Lawman 0 posted:

I should give that another go honestly.

It's fun. If you find it overwhelming in the amount of changes they do to base Stellaris, there's a fork which adds less cruft that's worth trying.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1886496498

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

King Doom posted:

Anyone play Fantasy General 2? how does it compare to Fall from Heaven?

It's fairly generic "vikings of the north" stuff for backstory and most of the scenarios are puzzles. Not really comparable to FfH at all as it's not a 4X.

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006
I'm not sure whether it was either GalCiv 2 or 3 that had the completely broken economy because Wardell decided to make higher tax rates give you less money because lol libertarianism.

Anyway he was also a massive jerk during GG (he sic'd a mob on me when I attracted his attention on Twitter, then threatened to sue me personally when a forum I ran posted a pic of his house) and the transcripts of his emails from the sexual harassment lawsuit paint a picture of a working environment so hostile Bobby Kotick would look at it and say "dude, ease up a bit".

quote:

#3, however is not acceptable to me. I am an inappropriate, sexist, vulgar, and embarrassing person and I’m not inclined to change my behavior. If this is a problem, you will need to find another job.

#4, Again, I am not willing to adapt my behavior to suit others. IF you find my behavior problematic, I recommend finding another job.

I’m not some manager or coworker of yours. I own the company. It, and your job here, exist to suit my purposes, not vice versa. The company is not an end unto itself, it is a means to an end which is to further the objectives of its shareholders (in this case, me).

so basically please don't give him money, most stardock games are really bad anyway

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

Prism posted:

Also ChatGPT factions, for when you want your random space civilizations to be even more random and bland.

This is literally Wardell trying to get out of paying game designers. (You can tell because he says "I'm not doing this to get out of paying game designers")

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

Jarvisi posted:

Man they could have done so much with the sequel

Making a game that actually worked, for one.

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

Kvlt! posted:

how is dom solo/ against AI?

literally only good enough to test builds. If you're not going to play against humans, don't bother picking it up.

in the game's defense, it's literally too complicated for a game AI to play coherently. It's too complicated for most *humans* to play coherently.

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

Telsa Cola posted:

Mods new thread title please

Video Games › 4X strategy games - genocide is too complicated

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

Elias_Maluco posted:

How many DLC do you need on Stellaris for the good experience? I have it and I played some a long time ago but it did felt like an incomplete game so I soon got bored of it and havent touched it again since

If you don't want to pay $10 subscription for DLC (I wouldn't!) here's what you're choosing from. Prices are full price, you should NOT buy anything that's not on sale.

Must have:
Utopia [$20] Must-have, adds goals for mid- and end-game, really should be part of base game
Armageddon [$20] Adds death stars, other combat options, but it uncomplicates your genocide
Nemesis [$20] Lets you be the threat that unites the galaxy against you
Ancient Relics [$10] Adds archeology

Nice to have especially if you're playing as the focus:
Megacorp [$20] Start a business
Synthetic Dawn [$10] Play as robots
First Contact [$15] Makes finding new "friends" more interesting
Distant Stars [$10] More anomolies, extra-galactic "L-gates" system

Very optional
Overlord [$20] New vassal options, hyper relays
Galactic Paragons [$20] Special leaders
Leviathans [$10] Space monsters
[insert name here] Species Pack [$10] Each one adds a touch more content for that species

Don't buy
Astral Planes [$20] Less content than any other DLC, at full price? nah.

Basically Stellaris REALLY needs a combined pack with most of the older DLC, but instead they're selling monthly subscriptions to a game you already bought, which is *really* hard to defend. Unfortunately, I really like the game, so I already bought all this stuff. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

Yeah, this was kind of "announced" when the developer laid everyone off last month.