Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

#lowtaxisoverparty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

remember when lowtax spent years hanging out with random gamergate nazi internet celebs lol

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

thwe mods constantly talk about how being a moderator is a thankless unpaid boring task that they hate but they only ever step down when people compile dossiers of their sex crimes

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Do you think that one detective is out to get him, or were they just doing the bare minimum in calling his victim to describe resources available to victims of abuse?

could also just be a kiwi farms lunatic

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Lightning Knight posted:

I think I already answered this question but, what I was of the understanding was broadly the story told. PPJ was in a Lowtax discord that predictably attracted reactionaries and then joined a bunch of their discords to watch. When I say I was of this understanding, I think I found out in like, July, so it’s not something I was told when I joined or whatever.

And I was like, ok, that sounds like a thing you could do I guess. an extension of PPJ’s twitter aggregate habits. I didn’t think it was significantly more strange than the people who spy on the alt-right, and since I was not participating I didn’t have any baseline to see what was actually occurring.

when it came out that he was participating in the discords as a poster I was like oh that is not good, to understate for a moment. I don’t think PPJ is a Nazi or anything like that, I think he just made bad decisions and kept digging deeper to self-rationalize.

There was no like, official discussion of this in the mod forum and I think the vast majority of mods knew nothing about it.

The behind the scenes reaction was fairly similar. People got mad at PPJ, PPJ was like “no I do this thing it is useful,” people said ok, it got posted that he was participating, people said “uh no that’s not good actually” and so he was like ok then I will resign so you don’t keep getting yelled at.

lol

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

dear god multi page derail about the morality of sayign soyface i hope this forum lives forever

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

God imagine having to critically examine the way we communicate to undercut generations of built-in patriarchy and subjugation

gently caress off Noam Chomsky I've got posting to do

critically examine my balls and rear end in a top hat

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

its a dumb face people make on youtube thumbnails because thumbnails are small and people are more likely to click on something that has a face making emotions for dumb animalistic reasons, but it looks stupid. the term "soyface" comes from the alt right soyboy poo poo, which is patently absurd, but funny in how dumb and absurd it is imo. there definitely was some ridiculous altright analysis about how people do that face because they're consuming too much Estrogen from Soy or something, when really its just a social media tool to get clicks. imo its more affiliated with Epic embarrassing social media people like Chuck Wendig

its the classic 4chan thing where a vaguely funny/cutting high school bully esque observation about nerd internet poo poo gets ruined with deep nazi philosophising about the downfall of the western male

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

thats the worst facial hair i have ever seen in my life jesus

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Varinn posted:

"ruined" implies that there's just some poor hilarious 4chan dude forging away jokes that the nazis come get and make their own which is absolutely not whats happening lmao

it was always both my man

i think its more that they identify their personalities with all their stupid jokes way too much and feel a constant need to justify it

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

im not disagreeing with you

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Flunky posted:

in some alternate universe lowtax is worth 9 figures but instead he's just a lazy dipshit wifebeater, get hosed

earth 2 where SA was sold to Yum! brands in 2005 and then shut down in 2011

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Giga Gaia posted:

a better universe

lowtax ODs in 2016 after pissing away all the money and entering into a joint venture with maddox to start a right wing meme site

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

modern australian culture is absed entirely on that simpsons episode this is not a joke or exaggeration in any way

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

There's a netflix show about Australian air BnBs that I watched all the seasons of and I feel like that may have made me an expert in Australian culture
Primarily, I learned that only chodes live in/go to Bondi

bondi is for disgusting pink british backpackers and jews who never go to the beach

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

im basing this on my cousins who can see the beach from their front door but never go

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

i mean i dont blame them, like i said, its full of british people

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

gently caress this thread has been good content all of a sudden.

Oh!
The one where Milhouse's parents get divorced

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84Ud20jq9LM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

too lazy to do this but imagine i took the famous financial bubble meme and swapped all the lables on it to match the simpsons chart