Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

shovelbum posted:

Attack and dethrone lowtax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

QueenOfTheEvening posted:

this isnt "blowing over" this is an abuse victim rationalizing their abuse i've done the same thing

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

T-man posted:

SOMETHING AWFUL WAS WEB 2.0 YOU MOTHERFUCKERS

DUMB PIECES OF GARBAGE

LEARN YOUR GODDAMN INTERNET HISTORY

gently caress YOU

Remember when every icon had a gradient and a metallic shine effect in the corners

I miss ugly 00s geocities web design, at least it had character

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Hi I have been reading the thread and I just want to say thank you to everyone who has been supportive of me itt

This whole thing has brought up some old bad stuff for me which isn't great but I'm ok.

Goons are great and I care about the community very much. I hope to continue to see you all in the future no matter where we all end up.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Admiral Ray posted:

until poo poo is signed and legally transferred it's still iffy

You mean you don't trust him to do the paperwork properly/at all???

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

lk people are mad because they wanted to watch the whole house go up in flames but the firemen showed up and ruined all the fun. dont worry about it.

I honestly just hope Jeffrey runs the place like a legitimate business and hires some good front page writers, fosters/encourages different types of comedy content etc and hires people to take care of things on the business side that are (presumably? Maybe he's a wiz idk) Out of his wheelhouse

🤞🏽🤞🏽

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Squizzle posted:

jeffreys #1 most consistent sentiment in mod spaces, in the time ive been a mod, has been that the mods/admins should take care of the community and the people on something awful

just in past conversation about “some cspam people are convinced you wanna close cspam and ban us all??” his first and immediate response was no, that would hurt the huge number of people who love cspam and rely on it as a community (paraphrase but to thebest of my recollection the exact sentiment expressed)

now im not asking you to trust my ~*secret knowledge~* more than yr own eyes and heart, but plz take that for w/e its worth to you

Yeah Jeff and I have legit had some serious disagreements and whatever but he cares about the communities here which is a giant loving improvement

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Grapplejack posted:

I'm pretty sure this is just so lowtax can claim 0 income and gently caress both of his ex wives on the alimony payments

Wouldn't the sale of SA count as income that could be garnished?

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Me Myself and I posted:

Anyway you got me, I'm just done with this. I'm dropping it.

Just do whatever y'all want with fyad since that seems to be the plan anyway. good luck with the inevitable bullshit down the line days, weeks or years from now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yf5qrVdD9E0

Koalas March fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Jun 30, 2020

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

smarxist posted:

i dunno why anyone gives a poo poo about FYAD as an entity

it had like a couple hundred posts a day at the end there and was essentially just a tourist kiosk of what it used to be with some bored locals still doing the gimmick

look man you don't know how hard it is for me to work my two favorite guilty pleasures dashboard confessional AND spiderman 3 seamlessly into a convo in 2020

just let me have this

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

smarxist posted:

how you been KM?

must have been a relief to dip before all this insanity lmao

I'm ok tho! How are you?

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Lightning Knight posted:

also I wanted to address something I saw floating around that I find bizarre, which is the idea that I didn’t like Pog. I quite like Pog, I think he’s a good poster. I think his IKship of QCS didn’t go as well as it could’ve for a bunch of reasons but I recommended he be mod of the remade FYAD because I thought he’d do well.

and I think he did, although there’s only so much you can do when you ask a guy to fill a bucket with a fork.

Going through and reading people's reactions.. it's weird to watch yourself be mythologized in real time.

The only thing I feel the need to clarify before it gets out of control: one goon made a weird hit list of people and me and other mods were like it's very much not ok and condemned pretty roundly (as did many other posters) and I'm pretty sure they banned, but I'm positive they received some sort of punishment.

HOWEVER there was a separate list made by me and 2 other mods who specifically went through fyad and read threads personally and made copies of posts we saw that were racist, transphobic or otherwise harmful and worthy of mod actions.

We wanted to take things on a case by case basis and put a lot of work and thought into it.

I was going through a lot of personal poo poo at the time (sick for weeks, afraid of being homeless and overworking myself) and while I have made some public and personal apologies after the fact but as you'll see in the thread, while I didn't hate the idea of fyad or having a space to experiment with subversive humor, but "ironic" bigotry is still bigotry and posts targeting minority users in abusive or harmful ways shouldn't be tolerated and I stand by that.

For what it's worth I have always tried to engage in good faith and if you have concerns or questions please feel free to pm me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

this list from Dumb Lowtax? https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3906185&pagenumber=103&perpage=40#post501298953

because I distinctly remember you asking them for follow-up details, not condemning it roundly. But the thread is behind the modwall for good reasons, so if I’m wrong I’m absolutely willing to be proven so, there’s just no way for non mods to verify it atm

I think I said if you have to links to specific posts that are harmful or abusive to forward them to a mod but otherwise no. I remember mods having a a pretty firm consensus on that one and I hope I stressed that

There was so much going on at the time and I honestly can't be sure. I'm positive in hindsight I let some poo poo fall through the cracks and I apologise for that but I did try my best and if that wasn't satisfactory I am sorry.