Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

lol just lol if this is the thing that finally kills these forums

gently caress lowtax, what an absolute piece of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Agronox posted:

it's one of his cash cows, he wouldn't kill it. only way it dies is if a) mods stop donating their labor and/or b) posters leave

that is why I said "if"

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Zerilan posted:

Would like an invite to BnR if possible. Pretty much broke now with work hours being cut further. I have PMs.

PMed you.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

oxsnard posted:

i regged at B+R, same username and paid my ten bux, please let me in

You're in, enjoy

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

ShutteredIn posted:

I just regged and paid under this same username too

I got you fam

Chuck Bartowski posted:

Signed up and paid on BnR as my old username, preventer024

Got you too

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Maya Fey posted:

bread and roses bans all 1700 new posters for breaking "no importing offsite drama" rule

lol

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Analog_Kid posted:

Another lurker here who signed up at BnR...and is stuck in some kind of account validation something. Looking forward to joining the cool kids :clint:

I'M APPROVING AS FAST AS I CAN

:f5:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

can someone in the B&R codetouchers approve me. I paid. Same username.

tia

You're in, squeaky wheels get the grease!

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

ty wampa gonna get my eyes real bloodshot in honor of ur av now

:hellyeah:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

Can someone PM me a BNR invite?

You don't have PMs :(

Just register and I will approve you.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

oxsnard posted:

Buns N Roses

Phil Layshow posted:

take me down to the bakery city
where the bread is fresh
and the flowers are pretty

this is the content i crave

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

bawfuls posted:

I registered on BnR back around the new year when it looked like he might nuke CSPAM, but I'm still holding out hope for now that either the whole forum gets migrated somewhere new (perhaps through sly admin backend work) or taken over. Because if every subforum here splinters off into a different offsite, it's only a matter of time before they all suffocate and die.

no, i'm pretty sure with the giant wave of users that we just got that we're going to be self sustaining for a long time, we sustained a decent amount of activity with way fewer users for months

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Torpor posted:

may I get a BNR invite?

Anyone who wants an invite, just go to https://breadnroses.net/ and register, I will approve, let me know the username you select if it is different.

Also be patient if it takes a little bit, there is a queue I am getting through as quickly as I can.

ETA: Do not post in this thread that you have registered. Do not PM me that you have registered. We are aware, we are working through the registration queue. We appreciate your patience.

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Jun 25, 2020

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

En Garde Motherfuckers posted:

wait are the bnr invites in place of, or in addition to, the $10 reg fee? I'm confused

Just go register and we will approve you eventually

eta: every time i refresh the approval queue, I see more and more users, :hellyeah:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Doing approvals as fast as I can! :f5:

Normally I would feel guilty about using SA for this purpose but gently caress Lowtax, come join a community founded by decent leftist goons and not a serial abuser!

Also we have Xenforo!

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

:siren: YOU DO NOT NEED AN INVITE :siren:

Just go to https://breadnroses.net/ and register

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Really appreciate all the registrations, I am approving as fast as I can, so check back in a few minutes and you should have access.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

wolfs posted:

edit: oh. its not a .club anymore its .net? haha ok

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Phil Layshow posted:

on bnr, is there like a primer for old refugees. whats a xenforo? there's no bbcode? what about a phone app? what channel is MEtv on?

check the announcements forum at the top, there's threads about all that kinda stuff in there

also there are SO MANY USERNAMES IN THE QUEUE, I am approving as fast as I can but there may be delays please be patient

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

a miserable pile of shitposts!

but enough talk, have at you!

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

ratbert90 posted:

I registered under DoomTrainPhD.

i just approved you, you should be good to post

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

t-.-t posted:

I registered as my current username, but I won't be upset if you don't approve because I know I don't have any post history or whatever.

Nah, you're fine, and you should be approved now.

I'm gonna take a quick break from approving for like 10-15 minutes, apologies for any delays.

Welcome to all the new people, we really put a lot of effort in to make it a cool place to post and the quality of life improvements are amazing once you get used to the new posting software. Enjoy!

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Fluue posted:

Appreciate the load you're taking on approving everyone. Looking forward to using a radium-free forum.

I'm registered under `Fluue`.

Just approved you, enjoy.

The queue is flooding again, I am approving as fast as I can :f5: :f5: :f5:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

OpenSourceBurger posted:

It's actually deeply hilarious how much more functional and user friendly BR is as a forum. It's like going from a 1998 Kia Sorento covered in grease stains to a 2020 Acura.

Seriously, Xenforo is great and it's shocking what was being denied to us by a lazy abusive site owner

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

OpenSourceBurger posted:

It's minor but I do miss the yellow highlight when your post gets quotes, I just kinda liked it.

There is a way to enable this, check the announcements forum up top for the tips and tricks thread.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

twoday posted:

My main complaint about BNR is that the color scheme hurts my eyes, too contrasting, does it have a switch to a different color scheme that isn’t based in black?

There are several different themes to choose from, check your options.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

medchem posted:

Can I get an invite? I registered with the same name.

You should be approved now.

Again, no one needs an invite, just register.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

OpenSourceBurger posted:

What's the reactions thing at BNR? Something not implemented yet ?

No it allowed for "likes" on posts and we disabled it like 30 minutes after launching because gently caress gamification poo poo like that

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Mayor Dave posted:

What about my obnoxious gangtag stack, can I remake it

We have our own version of gangtags, but they're gonna be on hold for a while until we can tackle the ever growing approval queue.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

FacebookEmpathyMom posted:

It is a very nice website and definitely has the feel of CSPAM. My only question, is there a setting that jumps you to the last read post?

It does that by default when you click on a thread that has new posts since you've been there.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

The queue has grown considerably, which is fantastic, but will require time to approve everyone so just be patient we'll get you posting as soon as we can!

Dick Milhous Rock! posted:

it's weird but i legit dislike that

you could pay me $5 every time you change it, honor system

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Phil Layshow posted:

im blind, is there an actual bnr thread that is equivalent to our cspam cool zone thread? i don't see any thread titles about riots

it's all been in the "The Great Cop Hater Space - PYF good cops" thread

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

The queue is up to 5 pages now, appreciate all the enthusiasm and we also appreciate your patience

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

:siren: THE QUEUE ONLY GROWS :siren:

Number go up! But also, number of minutes until you are approved also go up!

Anyone who PMed me, you are in there, we will approve you eventually, please be patient!

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Tom Guycot posted:

I'm confused, i think I signed up but its also asking for 10 dollars? is this an either invite or money, or do i need an invite in addition to money?

You'll get approved eventually, pay the $10 if you wanna but honestly we're so flush with new registration cash that if you don't wanna it's fine.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Lightning Knight posted:

Alright, as well and good as it is to register for other websites, WampaLord made it pretty clear that you don't need to post here to get registered, and we still have an ongoing domestic violence situation with the owner of the website that should be the focus here.

Yes, please stop posting that you registered, we are aware and are working through the queue.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Everyone please :siren: stop posting that you have registered :siren:

We are aware and are working through the queue. It's a lot of users.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Any other questions about Bread and Roses should go in the "offsites etc" thread so we can keep this one on topic.

We are working through the queue as best we can :f5: thank you for patience

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Man this sucks, I hate it

Is b&r active? What's the seriousposting / shitposting ratio like?

Please take these questions to the dedicated "offsites etc" thread

again :siren: you do not have to post or PM me the fact that you registered, we will get through the queue eventually :siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Rastor posted:

Wampalord you should go back and edit your most-quoted posts in this thread, maybe it will help

good thought, i did