Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
yeah it's hosed, but also LK those dingues in GBS making GBS threads on you are big dumbdumbs

goons need to cancel his patreon donations and then maybe he'll sell the site for a lark and gently caress right off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
I thought lowtax was just a deadbeat tbh

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
I'm pretty sure that lowtax would be barely breaking even if his patreon went to zero. He needs to be defunded and then the forums stuff will follow as it won't be worth his time to stick around

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
without his dumb loving patreon, he has no incentive to keep this site as it is worth negative dollars. The only acceptable way to pay off richard is to a trust fund for his kids or something that he can't touch

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
turns out uwe boll was the good guy all along

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
eat poo poo, lowtax

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
imagine getting paid six figgies a year to sit around and masturbate and the only job requirement was "dont beat your spouse" and you gently caress up at that

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
i regged at B+R, same username and paid my ten bux, please let me in

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
many thanks wampaword

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
ya I think lowtax has been successfully cancelled so hopefully he just abandons the site for little to nothing dollars

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
lmao lowtax patreon about to dip below $4k

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
what the gently caress

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
no it's real on fb. Logan needs a GoFundMe or something because either lowtax logged into her account or he's bullied her into posting that

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Crusty Nutsack posted:

bullied is a funny word for abused :(

you know what I meant jfc

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
also bullying is abuse, so my post is correct

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Crusty Nutsack posted:

I wasn't trying to pick on your friend, I just wanted to make sure people understood the gravity of the situation. every woman reading that post knows exactly what's going on, but I don't know if it's obvious to everyone or not.

oh ok fair enough I thought it was clear but yeah

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
ya if you go thru her fb, the spelling, syntax, punctuation and capitalization of that "apology" is totally different from everything else she has posted

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

The General posted:

What's BNR?

Buns N Roses

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Torpor posted:

may I get a BNR invite?

register and then post in this thread

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
real talk I was on Ambien and muscle relaxers a few years back after throwing out my back really badly and I accidentally bopped my wife in the nose while sleeping but she didn't assume I was beating her because I'm not an abusive piece of poo poo

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
that's the first goatse I've laughed at in years

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Jesus

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10216979542429786&id=1503357396

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
i mean even if this incident is entirely fabricated by Logan and she's telling the truth, the fact remains the Lowtax's first response to this is to attack her and call her a crazy addict instead of making sure she was ok.

gently caress you lowtax

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Lightning Knight posted:

I can’t watch this at work, can anyone give me a summary.

it's her crying saying it's all her fault and that she's a addict. Please dont ruin lowtax's life etc etc

it's nauseating

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Tim Pawlenty posted:

lowtax has a history of being an absolutely horrible person with every single one of his partners so i'm inclined to believe he's just continuing his pattern.

yes agreed ofc, i'm just saying that even if this particular event is as he/she says it is he's still a massive piece of poo poo

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Visual Basic Bitch posted:

but more importantly: gently caress you, lowtax

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
ngl it's making me a tad uncomfortable posters who just *know* she's lying, because that strips her of any agency. It's ok to be doubtful, but the most important thing is that she appears to be very much not ok and I think that regardless of the facts, she needs to be able to get help that isn't financed by, or dependent on Lowtax

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
lowtax took her phone and if he ignores it, it all goes away, right?

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Prester Jane posted:

Goons if I could ask you to read an effort post I'd like to suggest what I feel is one of the best things we could do in this situation.

First off I would like to humbly request that we hold off on the discussion where to assign blame for this communities enabling of Lowtax's abuse for the moment- it's an important discussion to have, but I don't feel this exact moment is the best time to have it because there are more pressing issues to address that should come first. The one thing comment I have on the matter is: irrespective of individual levels of guilt that can be rationally (or irrationally) assigned to various members of this community; the fact of the matter is that the community (as a whole) bears a very significant level of responsibility for enabling Lowtax's abuse. We cannot wash this stain or undo what has been done, but what we can do is (as a community) focus first and foremost on helping Logan get into a better and safer space.

I think when you view Logan's video and her recent actions it's important to keep in mind what exactly the context is and how astonishingly difficult it is for an individual in her situation to psychologically overcome the conditioning they have experienced and recognize that they are an abuse victim. At this point in her life Logan's entire self-identity, professional career, and source of revenue, are all tied up in Lowtax via this website. This is a very common situation for abuse victims to be placed in by their abusers and one of the reasons why it is often so hard for abuse victims to recognize the situation and extract themselves from it- so let's do what we can to make that (impossibly difficult) internal journey easier for Logan.

Logan, sweetie, if you happen to read this I want you to know that you are a worthy human being who deserves love and compassion. Yes, even being an alcoholic bipolar mess in a terrible situation- you are still worthy of love and compassion. Your safety, and your future happiness, are more important than this community. So your level of responsibility for the current situation doesn't matter, what matters is getting you out of this situation and into a safe one where you have the time and resources you need to focus on your recovery.

To that end goons I would like to propose that we open a GoFundMe of some sort to support Logan, get her away from Lowtax and help her a afford the help she is going to need to recocer/rebuild her life after this. I would also like to suggest that we open simular GoFundMe for low taxes other victims, and in particular his children, who are definitely going to need support in the coming months/years.

In my view these are the least we can do to acknowledge that no matter which individuals Among Us shoulder the blame, we as a community have a clear-cut responsibility to do whatever we can to help Lowtax's victims recover from the abuse that our community has enabled.

quoting this

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
I'm the guy using his patreon sub as income on the dealer finance application

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Gio posted:

i know “theres a front page?” is a overused unfunny joke or something (in my fofteen years here i still dont fully know or care) but every time i wander there its all unfunny poo poo. back in the day i remember it was probably most popular for photoshop posts he culled from the forums.

1999-2006 or so had some amazing front page content

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

PipHelix posted:

I don't hit this site up often enough, or for long enough, to know all the ins and outs and such (I literally just learned what exactly a toxx was about). But I do like the site, I've really liked that it stayed no bullshit web 1.0 when the rest of the internet slit its throats to chase facebook impressions, and I liked that the community somehow managed to keep the nazi rot out, and actually become pretty woke and lefty, when almost every other part of nerd culture I remember from my days as a kid in the 90s early 00s has gone full fash.

So, if I'm understanding this correctly, that there's a chance Kyanka is eye-of-sauroning this site for people who bad-talk him on this, but it might be the end of the site anyway, and a full scale user revolt could help avert that?

It's bad to hit women. People who hit women are bad people. gently caress to them. I don't really follow the lore of this place close, but I've been a semi regular reader of at least the front page since '04 or so, and I've got some vague outlines in my head and it's not flattering, and it comports pretty well with the new accusations. So if as sounds very likely, Kyanka hit this woman, as well as other women, that dude is a piece of poo poo, he's already got my tenner, but I won't be giving him another. There are other dead gay forums than these. Bring the ban or don't.

If I've misread how big a deal this is, sorry for posting cringe I guess? But it really seems like the end of days up in here. Been nice knowing you all.

the gently caress is this

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

PipHelix posted:

I came to post about how much Boomers suck, everyones talking about the forums are dying I go look around, see Lightning Knight made a post suggesting Lowtax was gonna ban everyone, don't have time to read 50 more pages, quote through to say I agree with what he has to say there (many hours ago) and if the site goes down, ah well, tough poo poo for us, having a good site be owned by a bad guy.

Already pre-apologized if I misinterpreted or posted cringe, dangit!

you need to post more posts with less words in each post and also stop giving a gently caress what losers in this forum think

:justpost:

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
hmm LK it appears that Lowtax is being a gigantic baby, no?

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

dex_sda posted:

what do you mean?

LK resigning is a pretty good sign things aren't looking up anytime soon

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
i'm going to log off SA for a bit unless something new happens. Gonna give BnR posting a shot.

gently caress you lowtax, you absolute oval office

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
what the gently caress :barf:

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
I just donated $200 to RAINN, which matches more or less what I spent on SA over the years.

still doesn't make up for the fact that I, along with every other goon, was complicit in enabling this

gently caress lowtax

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Chris James 2 posted:

If you're one of the 408 patrons left: bail https://www.patreon.com/GamingGarbage

also report it and start bitching at them on social media. Would love to see his July donations be $0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
so it just dawned on me how potentially hosed lowtax is, financially, regardless of everything else. When you divorce a spouse, there are set formulas used to set alimony or child support. Abuse doesn't move the needle much, money wise. If you abuse a girlfriend, it's hard to sue for damages without lots of physical evidence, doctors bills, etc.

But, if you physically abuse an employee, especially after having a sexual relationship with them, hoo boy. US courts are generally stacked for companies, but employment law, especially in the past few decades, has gotten actually tough. My neighbors dad owned a business that brought in 5-6 million dollars of revenue annually. His dad banged a secretary for awhile and then eventually lost his temper over something and threw a stapler at her and fired her. She turned around and successfully sued him for several million dollars. almost An entire year's worth of revenue.

So Lowtax was paying her, telling everyone she was his employee while loving her, then abused her. If she gets well represented lowtax is hosed.

I assume Jeff will have a competent lawyer look over everything and I'm sure all the liabilities will be brought up