Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3928980&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1
That is all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Who?

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

gently caress you Lowtax

Fill Baptismal
Dec 15, 2008
Wait who is this person? Why would they have any kind of relationship with lowtax? I am confused. Last I heard he was divorced.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
I'm not combing through 70 pages of flame gifs, where's the beef?

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Yeah like, is there a summary here?

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

ANUSTART posted:

Shitbags like this will never stop, they will never get better, he will continue to do this poo poo irl with or without the forums. But I am fine with him never seeing a cent from it again. Scorch it.

https://support.patreon.com/hc/en-us/articles/360005502572-Cancel-my-membership

Bastard

Richard Kyanka is a serial domestic abuser who has demonstrated through his bizarre behaviour that not only is he unfit as a husband; he is unfit as a father- and I hope that CPS takes appropriate action to protect his children from their unstable and physically abusive father.

Supporting this website through any method is (unfortunately) enabling Richard Kyanka's lifelong pattern of abuse to continue. The only possible path forward for this community to continue to survive is for it to separate from Lowtax.

Lowtax, if you read this, feel free to perma me you absolute loving monster.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
logan day is an administrator on the website (Toad on a Roll) who was recently hired for marketing purposes, and i guess they were in a relationship too?? either that or he beats his employees

there was also the poo poo with him abusing his actual ex and trying to sue/harass her

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Stuntman posted:

logan day is an administrator on the website (Toad on a Roll) who was recently hired for marketing purposes, and i guess they were in a relationship too?? either that or he beats his employees

there was also the poo poo with him abusing his actual ex and trying to sue/harass her

He bragged about getting her GoFundMe taken down and for having her deported back to Canada without parental visitation rights. Lowtax is a purebred unrepentant motherfuker

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Bronze Fonz posted:

gently caress you Lowtax

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Bronze Fonz posted:

gently caress you Lowtax

The Mad Cobber
May 19, 2018

oof talk about buyer's remorse

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

wild drama llama
Jun 18, 2020
hahaha WHOO

the best part of this is all the goons acting shocked. shocked! they really just thought the guy had infinitely terrible misfortune in that partner after partner seemed to be insane, with substance abuse problems, and violent, and a bad mother, and so manipulative they'd tell lies to the police to get that poor man in trouble, and put themselves in domestic violence shelters to get that poor man in trouble, and get themselves deported to... well, you know

hint for goons. you know so many guys like this irl. the ones with all the hilarious crazy ex stories that you credulously swallow, and defend them against all accusers because they're such a nice guy and they'd never do that? the ones where girlfriend after girlfriend after girlfriend seems so nice and normal at first, and then goes insane a few months into the relationship? abusers. they're everywhere, and nobody ever believes their victims. women have been telling you this for years and you never believed them, but if just one person starts believing victims over their fuckwit bro friends as a result of this, the whole clusterfuck might have been worth it.

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

wild drama llama posted:

hahaha WHOO

the best part of this is all the goons acting shocked. shocked! they really just thought the guy had infinitely terrible misfortune in that partner after partner seemed to be insane, with substance abuse problems, and violent, and a bad mother, and so manipulative they'd tell lies to the police to get that poor man in trouble, and put themselves in domestic violence shelters to get that poor man in trouble, and get themselves deported to... well, you know

hint for goons. you know so many guys like this irl. the ones with all the hilarious crazy ex stories that you credulously swallow, and defend them against all accusers because they're such a nice guy and they'd never do that? the ones where girlfriend after girlfriend after girlfriend seems so nice and normal at first, and then goes insane a few months into the relationship? abusers. they're everywhere, and nobody ever believes their victims. women have been telling you this for years and you never believed them, but if just one person starts believing victims over their fuckwit bro friends as a result of this, the whole clusterfuck might have been worth it.

I really thought the new marketing team was going to turn around these forums.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Really glad I donated for this cool thing under my title

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

osker posted:

my 'I don't hit my wife' marketing push is raising many questions answered by the marketing push

Pajser
Jan 28, 2006

osker posted:

guess this is one way to do it

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

I put a hundred loving dollars into this site for mine. Jesus.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Pajser posted:

guess this is one way to do it

folks are talking about SA again baby, we're back!!!!

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

$50 for mine >.> thought I was supporting something good

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I didn't know poo poo about his personal life other than he was married, divorced, and had kids, and had health problems.

Reading up, it looks like there's a pattern of him just somehow always picking crazy women who all make abuse allegations. (That's sarcasm).

It makes me question whether his spine issues are legitimate.

It's so lovely that it takes something like this for all his behavior and attitudes on things to finally make sense.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Doctor Butts posted:

I didn't know poo poo about his personal life other than he was married, divorced, and had kids, and had health problems.

Reading up, it looks like there's a pattern of him just somehow always picking crazy women who all make abuse allegations. (That's sarcasm).

It makes me question whether his spine issues are legitimate.

It's so lovely that it takes something like this for all his behavior and attitudes on things to finally make sense.

Honestly, I think the spine issues are legitimate and might be feeding into this spiral he's on. Someone who feels they have no control over their life have a habit of taking it out on others. Not meaning to excuse it or downplay it though, that poo poo is monstrous, especially after we gave him the benefit of the doubt in his last divorce (and it's doubly hosed up considering IIRC he got his ex deported and took full custody of their daughter). The SA forums were a happy accident largely in spite of him. I guess we try and figure out how we move forward from here.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit
Imo it's more likely he has some kind of legit neck issue but has greatly exaggerated it; but the way he talks about the neck issue, and the way he has used the neck issue to garner tons of sympathy donations- all strikes me as addict behaviour.

Joey Steel
Jul 24, 2019

wild drama llama posted:

hahaha WHOO

Most people don't really think of Lowtax much, if at all. It's not like it's 2002 or something.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Lowtax did nothing wrong.

Besides how's he beat I'd wife or ex etc if his back is so hosed he can't stand for more than half n hr at a time I mean if he knocked her to the ground id expect dude would himself be on the ground

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

https://youtu.be/-q6KWnwsZuc

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Lowtax did nothing wrong.

Besides how's he beat I'd wife or ex etc if his back is so hosed he can't stand for more than half n hr at a time I mean if he knocked her to the ground id expect dude would himself be on the ground

Wcg please stop posting while high, I implore you

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

wild drama llama posted:

hahaha WHOO

I just think nobody, after a certain age, cared at all about Internet personalities and stuff and only posted in subforums. When I was 20 or whatever, and didn't know my career or future and cared about web presence, I followed that kind of stuff, but everyone grew up since 2000. So we read all of that stuff all after the fact since we didn't go to GBS or wherever it was talked about.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit
Goons if I could ask you to read an effort post I'd like to suggest what I feel is one of the best things we could do in this situation.

First off I would like to humbly request that we hold off on the discussion where to assign blame for this communities enabling of Lowtax's abuse for the moment- it's an important discussion to have, but I don't feel this exact moment is the best time to have it because there are more pressing issues to address that should come first. The one thing comment I have on the matter is: irrespective of individual levels of guilt that can be rationally (or irrationally) assigned to various members of this community; the fact of the matter is that the community (as a whole) bears a very significant level of responsibility for enabling Lowtax's abuse. We cannot wash this stain or undo what has been done, but what we can do is (as a community) focus first and foremost on helping Logan get into a better and safer space.

I think when you view Logan's video and her recent actions it's important to keep in mind what exactly the context is and how astonishingly difficult it is for an individual in her situation to psychologically overcome the conditioning they have experienced and recognize that they are an abuse victim. At this point in her life Logan's entire self-identity, professional career, and source of revenue, are all tied up in Lowtax via this website. This is a very common situation for abuse victims to be placed in by their abusers and one of the reasons why it is often so hard for abuse victims to recognize the situation and extract themselves from it- so let's do what we can to make that (impossibly difficult) internal journey easier for Logan.

Logan, sweetie, if you happen to read this I want you to know that you are a worthy human being who deserves love and compassion. Yes, even being an alcoholic bipolar mess in a terrible situation- you are still worthy of love and compassion. Your safety, and your future happiness, are more important than this community. So your level of responsibility for the current situation doesn't matter, what matters is getting you out of this situation and into a safe one where you have the time and resources you need to focus on your recovery.

To that end goons I would like to propose that we open a GoFundMe of some sort to support Logan, get her away from Lowtax and help her afford the help she is going to need to restart/rebuild her life after this. I would also like to suggest that we open a simular GoFundMe for Lowtax's other victims, and in particular his children, who are definitely going to need support in the coming months/years.

In my view these are the least we can do to acknowledge that no matter which individuals Among Us shoulder the blame, we as a community have a clear-cut responsibility to do whatever we can to help Lowtax's victims recover from the abuse that our community has enabled.

Fader Movitz
Sep 25, 2012

Snus, snaps och saltlakrits

Ambaire posted:

$50 for mine >.> thought I was supporting something good

Turns out it was something awful all along

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.

Prester Jane posted:

To that end goons I would like to propose that we open a GoFundMe of some sort to support Logan, get her away from Lowtax and help her afford the help she is going to need to restart/rebuild her life after this. I would also like to suggest that we open a simular GoFundMe for Lowtax's other victims, and in particular his children, who are definitely going to need support in the coming months/years.

This sounds like a good idea.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
I completely agree with most of that, but if there are any GoFundMes opened, they should be done by his victims themselves or at least with the knowledge and consent of his victims. Don't go off and do them just on your own initiative.

I'm not saying this because I'm worried about forum rules or anything dumb like that. Some of Lowtax's previous victims are entangled in a lot of legal poo poo with him, and an unexpected infusion of cash could throw a bunch of chaos into things like divorce cases and custody arrangements. It's really heartwarming to see so many goons looking for any way they can find to do what's right, but a well-intentioned goon project could very easily cause more problems than it solves.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

wild drama llama posted:

hahaha WHOO

This is a good post

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Main Paineframe posted:

I completely agree with most of that, but if there are any GoFundMes opened, they should be done by his victims themselves or at least with the knowledge and consent of his victims. Don't go off and do them just on your own initiative.

I'm not saying this because I'm worried about forum rules or anything dumb like that. Some of Lowtax's previous victims are entangled in a lot of legal poo poo with him, and an unexpected infusion of cash could throw a bunch of chaos into things like divorce cases and custody arrangements. It's really heartwarming to see so many goons looking for any way they can find to do what's right, but a well-intentioned goon project could very easily cause more problems than it solves.

Yeah this is important.

The DPRK
Nov 18, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

yeah...

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

wild drama llama posted:

hahaha WHOO

I feel very, very stupid. I believed him.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Bleusilences posted:

I feel very, very stupid. I believed him.

Remember, it's: Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

One thing many successful (is in keeping it going long term without repercussions) abusers have is that they can be persuasive, charismatic, and have their techniques for hiding their true faces down to a fine art.

Some are better at seeing through the mask for various reasons, be it intuition or experience. Others will be fooled at first. What's important once the truth is seen is to learn from it, to recognise the signs more quickly in future.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

On the bright side, Lipstick Apathy means you and I donated like five bucks each. That's about what it would cost to get a new av, which (I think) erases any tags you had. I do need there to be some legal paperwork saying the site doesn't belong to Lowtax before I start putting any more money in, though.

But yeah rip to the people who donated hundreds of dollars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Prester Jane posted:

I hope that CPS takes appropriate action to protect his children from their unstable and physically abusive father.

I used to work for the Jackson County Missouri Children's Division (MO's version of CPS) which is the county office that would handle any such case. They're powerless until someone calls in a hotline on suspected abuse and/or neglect. Looking at the court history I see a guardian ad litem has been assigned and though I don't remember working with the specific lawyer they assigned the local GAL office was always quality when it came to watching out for the kid's interests. If the kids are in danger I trust them follow the correct procedure a part of which is calling in a hotline.