Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

I don't take uber because of the report that showed how prevalent sexual assault is, so it only makes sense that I don't post on a website with a known sexual assaulter as the owner.

Since the CE thread is getting clogged up with discord requests and talk of the tax man, I thought it would make sense to split the convo to another thread.

So post your discord requests here. I'm not gonna post the link.

Also discuss the downfall of the taxman.

And if you have the info to Rrail's subreddit, lol who cares

don't rape, thanks.

Edit:

hot sorcery posted:

DISCORD UPDATE

Woofer, could you please add this to the OP?

This may no longer be as pressing as the forums appear to be saved. However, we've decided to limit invitations to the discord to GIP regulars (defined as people who actively engage with the community outside of the Current Events thread). This is due to a few reasons:

Firstly, we have received a large number of requests and even with this limitation it has been difficult to adjust (we're used to a person joining every month or two). Secondly, the discord operates quite a bit differently than GIP and we don't believe it is the right space for people who are looking for an alternate to the Current Events thread. For context, it is a much smaller, tight-knit community whose basis is the "Get Help" and service threads. Thirdly, the discord isn't really a place to lurk - relatively personal conversations are being shared in (semi) private and if you aren't active there is little to no point in being there.

Finally, we want the discord to continue to (primarily) be a space & resource for veterans. On this point, if you are a veteran but have not received an invite please PM me, Godholio, or UP THE BUM NO BABY and we will reach out to you. You can email 69abuhajaar69@gmail.com if you don't have PMs. Please do the same if you are a GIP regular and we haven't sent you an invite yet.

We hope you all understand our reasons for this decision and encourage you to seek out the other discords that are popping up on the forums!

Woofer fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Jun 27, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
What a shitshow.

I'd like the discord link please.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Putting in for a discord link here. I think y'all are the only people I'd actually miss interacting with from this dead "comedy" "forum"

So who's got money on Lowtax showing up on InfoWars within a month

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
I'd like to join the Uwe Boll fanclub.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

I'd like a discord link if you're giving them to filthy civilians from the CE thread.

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug
Would appreciate the link thanks

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Stravag posted:

Discord link for dog thread and ce continuation as well please

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

https://discord.com/ :v:

No seriously could I please get one too?

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!
Lurking in the CE thread owns. Please send me a link.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
pretty please may i have a discord link too?

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Stravag posted:

CIGNX
May 7, 2006

You can trust me

Stravag posted:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I'd like an invite if you'll have me. gently caress Lowtax.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

That Works posted:

I'd like a discord link if you're giving them to filthy civilians from the CE thread.

Absolutely the :same:

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Link please

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Link please. I’ve lurked the CE thread for as long as there’s been one, and it’s my best source on us stuff. Would hate to lose it.

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

What is a soldier but a miserable pile of eaten cats and strange language?
Invite please.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Invite as well please. The CE thread has always been the best place for news and real talk, and I like contributing whatever medical and science knowledge I can to it!

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

That Works posted:

Angry-Alphs
Feb 24, 2019

Hannibal Rex posted:

I'd like to join the Uwe Boll fanclub.

Turns out Uwe Boll was the better man in not just boxing.

I too would like the discord links for the CE and dog threads.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!
Soo, to get a discord link, I would have to give lowtax more money?

Kinetic Tools
May 6, 2009
One discord link plz. Really would miss the well informed perspectives posters here have.

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
The Worst Admin Ever bashes You in the head with his banhammer. It is smashed into the body, an unrecognizable mass! You have been struck down.
Is this where I enlist to get out of here?

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

:siren::siren::siren:UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE:siren::siren::siren:

I didn't know how popular the discord invites would be. We have a history of people getting the discord link for malicious reasons (doxxing).

I want to keep this community going, but I want to make sure I am responsible about it and consider how everyone else in the discord feels.

So I'm soliciting feedback from other GiP regulars (especially those who are already on the Discord) on how to handle the amount of invite requests.

KEEP POSTING INVITE REQUESTS!!!!

Woofer fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Jun 24, 2020

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I'll take 1ea link please.

mkultra419
May 4, 2005

Modern Day Alchemist
Pillbug
Long time CE lurker looking for an invite, I'd miss the place.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
Can I have an invite?

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Discord link please.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Me too if you're still inviting

j3rkstore
Jan 28, 2009

L'esprit d'escalier
I'd like a link to the Discord please

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

Discord link por favor. Been lurking since January when everything went to poo poo with FYAD.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

I am going to close this thread for now. This is a lot of new people and like I said previously, we have had people seek out the offsite chat for malicious reasons. I expected for there to be like 5 requests and then a few pages of making GBS threads on the tax man.

Stand by.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Opening as requested.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.
Requesting an invite. Switched discord accounts and the old link no worky.

Stellar Curiosity
Jan 15, 2009

Would love a PM invite to a CE-like discord, it's my favourite thread to lurk and sometimes post in.

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code
Would appreciate a link, oddsagainstusall@gmail.com
Note this isn't my main e-mail do I need to give that instead?

Lazy Gun
Apr 7, 2009
Fun Shoe
I would like a Discord link as well, please!

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Right now I'm just consolidating names and contact info while we figure out how to proceed

Notahippie
Feb 4, 2003

Kids, it's not cool to have Shane MacGowan teeth
Discord request please. I'm not a pure lurker but I probably have enough of a post history here to show my bona fides.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Worthleast
Nov 25, 2012

Possibly the only speedboat jumps I've planned

Would love to keep lurking under the same username for CE, Idiots, and Dogs. Don't really want to shell out for plat considering the situation, so email username at yahoo.