Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Apathetic Medic
Apr 22, 2010

Fun Shoe
Can I get a discord invite as well? I would be totally lost without a sane group of veterans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Didn't know there was a Discord. If you'll take a CE thread lurker I'd love an invite.

KirbyKhan posted:

Edit: I'm skimming but I want an answer to the Goodbelly cookies! What are they? Are the delicious!?!

Imagine a ten dollar box of cookies from a local bakery. Now imagine you pay a trans-national Uber Eats five times that in markup and shipping, and are told that buying that way makes you a fancy important person. That's Goldbelly.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

I'd appreciate a discord link as well

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug

Force de Fappe posted:

And me.

SA has always been a huge part of my life and I really hope Lowtax can distance himself from the forums since he seems to be done with em anyway.

The rest of the internet is a actual dumpster fire, my missus just told me to move to the chans and I died a bit inside.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Yeah I stayed out of GIP for a long time (aside from the idiots thread) because I assumed it was like every other lovely vet forum, but I'm glad I was wrong.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Abongination posted:

And me.

SA has always been a huge part of my life and I really hope Lowtax can distance himself from the forums since he seems to be done with em anyway.

The rest of the internet is a actual dumpster fire, my missus just told me to move to the chans and I died a bit inside.

Some people are like "well I guess we gotta move to Reddit now" and all I can think of is "if Reddit is acceptable alternative 'forum' ecosystem then you didn't like SA anyways".

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Someone archive the dog thread please.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Fister Roboto posted:

I don't know what's wrong with me, but any time I see or hear CBD, my brain short circuits to "Cock and Ball Dorture".

Oh my god same.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Kazinsal posted:

Didn't know there was a Discord. If you'll take a CE thread lurker I'd love an invite.

Imagine a ten dollar box of cookies from a local bakery. Now imagine you pay a trans-national Uber Eats five times that in markup and shipping, and are told that buying that way makes you a fancy important person. That's Goldbelly.

Incitatus posted:

All the people who paid the bone tax thought they were contributing to getting Lowtax a spine made of plastic when the reality was that it was for a belly made of gold.

Thread seems too heavy at the first 8 pages. Lightning Knight plays mod for the next 15ish pages where people are trying to convince him to give up his modship out of integrity and as a message. Lol it's a shitpost janitor job. I'm going to sleep. Please update with developments otherwise I will forget like all the other times this happened.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I would enjoy a discord invite please

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Discord link for dog thread and ce continuation as well please

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Stravag posted:

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

hell i think a discord link would go down real smooth

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Stravag posted:

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Stravag posted:

CIGNX
May 7, 2006

You can trust me

Stravag posted:

mkultra419
May 4, 2005

Modern Day Alchemist
Pillbug

Stravag posted:

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

:siren::siren:DISCORD REQUESTS HERE:siren::siren:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3929086

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Same could I get a link as well?

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Thanks for that discord invite thread. Good idea.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Force de Fappe posted:

:same:

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Be careful about posting discord links, a few have already been infiltrated by kiwifarms and their ilk. They're giant pieces of poo poo and doxx/stalk people they don't like (they hate SA members and especially trans people)

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
45 Celsius in the arctic

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I'd like a discord link please, don't wanna lose this subforum

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Yeah discord link please, it’s this place and a few chud-infested Facebook groups for me and I’d hate to lose this one

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Milo and POTUS posted:

45 Celsius in the arctic

Holy gently caress

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

What was the deal with r/Somethingawful ? Looked it up ages ago and it was invite only. Just checked again and still the same. Is there a non-bitter goon (Something Sensitive) offsite that people gravitate to? Besides different discords ofc.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Milo and POTUS posted:

45 Celsius in the arctic

Fuuuuuck how many years of pamdemic quarantine do you think we need to fix that?

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

That Works posted:

What was the deal with r/Somethingawful ? Looked it up ages ago and it was invite only. Just checked again and still the same. Is there a non-bitter goon (Something Sensitive) offsite that people gravitate to? Besides different discords ofc.

Dunno if you’ve ever been on Something Sensitive but I am completely not exaggerating one iota when I describe it as an alt-right and openly racist cesspool. PCOS Bill is there; nuff said.

Now I’m just trying to figure out a way to preserve the dog thread because there’s so many great dogs and stories in there.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Dunno if you’ve ever been on Something Sensitive but I am completely not exaggerating one iota when I describe it as an alt-right and openly racist cesspool. PCOS Bill is there; nuff said.

Now I’m just trying to figure out a way to preserve the dog thread because there’s so many great dogs and stories in there.

Oh yeah that's why I list it as something to avoid. I think I looked at it once but like, 8 years ago or something and it was just threads of people bitching about mods / bitching about individual posters. Toxic poo poo even before it went more alt-right.

Was mostly curious about what the story was behind that locked reddit though. There's another r/Somethingawfulforums but it's got almost no users and is not active really.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Quick interlude: https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/1275732108187774984?s=19

NYT/Siena State polls coming tomorrow, as well as at least one Supreme Court opinion.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Stravag posted:

Fuuuuuck how many years of pamdemic quarantine do you think we need to fix that?

Apparently the lack of pollution in the air is part of what's making things worse, short term, by not reflecting sunlight into the air. There's a cspam climate change thread if you need more existential dread in your life.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Zelensky (sp?) hearing today too on DOJ interference in the Roger Stone case.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

No i think I'm satisfied with my care level of dread

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I hate to clutter up the thread with yet another Discord invite request, but I would hate more to be locked out.

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

Platystemon posted:

I hate to clutter up the thread with yet another Discord invite request, but I would hate more to be locked out.

I just lurk this thread but I love it.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

facialimpediment posted:

Quick interlude: https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/1275732108187774984?s=19

NYT/Siena State polls coming tomorrow, as well as at least one Supreme Court opinion.

Interesting to note in the crosstabs that Trump leads in only one age demographic: 50-64 years old.

aka Boomers

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
How many wadded up dollar bills could SA possibly be worth? Let's crowdfund a buyout

There is no better way for this website to die than a grift-ridden goon project, change my mind

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Porfiriato posted:

Interesting to note in the crosstabs that Trump leads in only one age demographic: 50-64 years old.

aka Boomers

And Gen X, who essentially vote like boomers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Platystemon posted: