Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Dean Ambrose cashing in was worth it for Foochs alone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Wait what the gently caress is going on

Lowtax has been credibly accused of domestic abuse AGAIN. And generally a consensus across the forums seems to be "enough is enough, gently caress this guy, either he hands the forum over to someone else or we bolt." The only concern is creating an offsite in such a way that doesn't lead to the community (or at least the worthwhile parts of it) fragmenting.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

sir william black

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Cerebral Bore posted:

When rovert was forumbanned.

:allears:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

forkboy84 posted:

Lowtax has been credibly accused of domestic abuse AGAIN. And generally a consensus across the forums seems to be "enough is enough, gently caress this guy, either he hands the forum over to someone else or we bolt." The only concern is creating an offsite in such a way that doesn't lead to the community (or at least the worthwhile parts of it) fragmenting.

Yeah I caught myself up

I really hope he walks away, he seems to kinda hate running this place anyway.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dangerous Person posted:

HOLD

MY

DICK

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

None of my friends have ever watched or cared about wrestling. This was it for me. Fight Island was good.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Dangerous Person posted:

I really hope someone held his dick

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Abroham Lincoln posted:

I really hope someone held his dick

They didn't. :(

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'll do it next time

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cavauro posted:

i'll do it next time

There'll never be a reason for me to loudly proclaim that again unless Chris Paul wins an NBA title or something though, so I think you're safe

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
If these forums self destruct. Do we have a place to go? I love hearing y'all opinions and info on this dumb sport we love so much.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
There is Fight Island Discord

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
who can forget all the funny posts from forums legends long since past, like Corporate Kane, Brock Lesnar, Bill Goldberg, Baron Corbin, Drew McIntyre, and Seth Rollins, just to name a few

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
Even though I've mostly lurked here, I did join up purely for this subforum (the only other one I went to the Let's Play one and that was pretty rare). I do use this forum to get my wrestling news and information from instead of dodgy news sites.

It's been fun to be around people who also get excited about good and fun things in wrestling, and will be a shame to lose this place because the owner is a scumbag. There have been many things that made me laugh on here, but also open my eyes to a lot too. Hopefully something will keep this place running.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Guess what?

YOUR FIRED!

IronCladBurrito
Aug 11, 2002

Excuse me, is this where the bitches are found?

Tato posted:

Guess what?

YOUR FIRED!

FEAST OR MY FIRED?

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

IronCladBurrito posted:

FEAST OR MY FIRED?

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Punk's initial MITB cash in was a fun time

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
IIRC this was goon created:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcN91PsQcms

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

I have no recollection of this and I do feel like an rear end in a top hat.

mary had a little clam posted:

I still laugh about Jake The Sanem Roberts

Broklesnar gets me too.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the guy with the shadowboxing Nick Diaz avatar was funny

divx
Aug 21, 2005

anyone still have the sexual cornbread stories?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I remember when the Pisscast did an episode where they read fan fiction, and the first story was some guy's fantasy booking of WCW making a comeback in the mid-2000s, and then everything else was hard core gay sex.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Tato posted:

Guess what?

YOUR FIRED!

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

(almost) everything TNA did was a thread highlight*

*the buffoonery, not the sexual harrassment

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I have no recollection of this and I do feel like an rear end in a top hat.

Broklesnar gets me too.

I like it because it makes it seem like I killed Paul Bearer

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Sorry to be that jerk who posts a favorite memory about something they did themselves, but man I loved doing those Anatomy of an Angle/MYSTERY BOX/Puro-Palooza watch-along threads and it sucked that my life got too busy for me to really be able to keep doing them. Especially since the video editing I did on them was pretty loving amateurish and the videohosts at the time sucked and I didn't back any of the videos up, and I could probably do a much better job on that type of thing nowadays.

The GDTs are always a blast, some incredibly creative and funny and also unbelievably stupid things have been posted in GDTs and Discussion threads and you all have given me a lot of joy over a lot of years, and I really hope we can find a way to make it continue.

MassRafTer posted:

When the birdshit ad was posted.

That may have legitimately been the single greatest achievement in the history of the entire Internet.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I miss you Mystery Opponent and HwoodNG.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Tuesday/Wednesday Nitro was the best. I was sad I didn't find it until you all were already on early 98 when most of the fun stuff was over. I couldn't keep up with WCW 2000. I could feel my brain wrinkles smoothing over.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

Sorry to be that jerk who posts a favorite memory about something they did themselves, but man I loved doing those Anatomy of an Angle/MYSTERY BOX/Puro-Palooza watch-along threads and it sucked that my life got too busy for me to really be able to keep doing them. Especially since the video editing I did on them was pretty loving amateurish and the videohosts at the time sucked and I didn't back any of the videos up, and I could probably do a much better job on that type of thing nowadays.

I do wish a couple of those still existed.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

oh god does anyone happen to have the archives link to the birdshit ad being posted? I have no clue when to start looking.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Critical posted:

oh god does anyone happen to have the archives link to the birdshit ad being posted? I have no clue when to start looking.

It is somewhere in the WCW thread.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I also liked doing the writeup to the 1999(?) Royal Rumble when we did the forum WWE TEW game.
Shame it didn't live long enough to make our idea of the World Clique a reality. It was going to be Vampiro/Rikishi lead cult who worshipped Lady Kier from the band Deee-lite (the one-hit wonders who did 'Groove is in the Heart). I wanted it to be Belinda Carlisle but Dee-lite was more 90's and gave the group a definitive aesthetic.

The whole thing began years prior when I was in a Wal-Mart with a friend and Heaven (is a place on earth) started playing. He kept poking me and quoting lyrics from the song like 'Hey, did you know Heaven is a place on Earth' 'Hey, they say in Heaven that loves comes first'. This got my imagination rolling on wondering if you could construct an entire religious dogma from the collective works of Belinda Carlisle. I never got too deep but I did conclude that Pat Benatar is the antichrist of the faith.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Jun 25, 2020

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The Wrestlemania 30 thread was a special time, probably the last time I'd feel truly excited about WWE.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

That AEW live thread with the increasingly baroque dunks on Alex Marvez was a fun time.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

njsykora posted:

The Wrestlemania 30 thread was a special time, probably the last time I'd feel truly excited about WWE.

On the other hand, the reaction to Daniel Bryan losing in eight seconds to Sheamus was amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

It is somewhere in the WCW thread.

You might as well just read the whole thing while you can, it's all good.