Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

when the MMA thread discovered James Thompson vs Mariusz Pudzianovski (or however you spell the former World's Strongest Man champion's name) in KSW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Reality Protester posted:

that time a goon got in an Alistair Overeem promo video saying WOW! Bery pantastic body

That was a goon?????????? Holy poo poo I had no idea.

My favorite memories were the energy of the 2014-2015 Takeover threads and staying up all night to watch the Okada vs. Omega series.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

njsykora posted:

The Wrestlemania 30 thread was a special time, probably the last time I'd feel truly excited about WWE.

Oh God yes. Wrestlemania 30 was the last truly good Wrestlemania

Richter Scabies
Dec 30, 2012

Pretty much any NJPW GDT.

I don't really have any one memory but I'm not sure I would enjoy wrestling nearly as much if my interests and tastes weren't cultivated by this subforum. I got into it in college and fell out of it for several years until 2017 or so. I lurk the discord every now and again but this place is something special. Fight Island F-f-f-f-f-f-f-fo for lyf

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

is pepsi ok posted:

That was a goon?????????? Holy poo poo I had no idea.

the original Japanese man doing it was not, but there was a white guy doing an homage of it in one of the early THE REEM videos

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
SEXUAL MARKET VALUE

The guy who went to a Conor McGregor afterparty and cried in the corner over fake tans

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Lamentable Dust Man

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
fedor's losses

the laughable nsac hearings

every jon jones debacle

the time gsp retired

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
cant decide which NSAC moment was better - Chael not being on steroids because his balls never dropped, Chael getting offered a job by the NSAC at the hearing, or Floyd Mayweather arguing it was Stunt Weed

edit: oh and them getting mad that Nick Diaz brought an actual lawyer

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Richter Scabies posted:

Pretty much any NJPW GDT.

I don't really have any one memory but I'm not sure I would enjoy wrestling nearly as much if my interests and tastes weren't cultivated by this subforum. I got into it in college and fell out of it for several years until 2017 or so. I lurk the discord every now and again but this place is something special. Fight Island F-f-f-f-f-f-f-fo for lyf

The NJPW GDT is definitely one of the best things ever here.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Nick Diaz losing a grappling match on cuts

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Nick Diaz fleeing a childs birthday party through a back door and running off into the Nevada desert on foot to avoid a drug test.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

quote:

Im coming for you Gorge *mountainbikes into a ravine*

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

LobsterMobster posted:

fedor's losses

the laughable nsac hearings

every jon jones debacle

the time gsp retired

That crazy run where Conor attacked the bus, got arrested, the weigh-ins turned into a disaster, replacement fights got canceled or shut down etc was seriously an incredible time in the UFC thread, and I will always gleefully remember:

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Dr Alan Grant tearfully watching several Irish men travelling in herds across the plains of New York: They did use a hand cart and various folding chairs...

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

i found the Thompson/Pudzianowski fight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mJ5Dw4NPm0

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

MassRafTer posted:

When the birdshit ad was posted.

When we discovered the Hulk Hogan Inflatable Raft.

When Hulkamatt texted me a link to the Hulk Hogan Inflatable Raft after he'd already publicly posted it leading to a bidding war.

This and your attempts to find the WCW QVC tapes. Speaking of which, a guy on YouTube might have an unreleased tape

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmksDDavLsc

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
I can't remember what thread it happened in, but my favorite memory is the day that we discovered Sir William Black, and the weeks following, where he would get name-dropped as the hottest wrestling talent on the planet. I think it eventually gained enough traction that goons started making comments like "Randy Orton is ok, but it's not like he's William Black", not realizing that our lord and savior was a tall dude who wrestled exclusively on Childrens' playgrounds, and Jungle Gyms.

The gameday thread for the RAW when The Nexus debuted was a loving gold mine, as well. It constantly alternates between everyone "making GBS threads on" / "completely marking out" at the terrible guest hosts, the Scooby-Doo subplot that runs throughout the show, the Million Dollar Man assaulting wrestlers with knock-out gas, and the eventual ending of the show, where everyone just loving loses their poo poo. It's a 3 hour rollercoaster of a thread.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Tyma posted:

The gameday thread for the RAW when The Nexus debuted was a loving gold mine, as well.

Do you have a link?

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

SalTheBard posted:

Do you have a link?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3313832&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

I hope it holds up to my memories of posting in it. It's an amazingly lovely episode of RAW, but at a glance, we all really, really loved wrestling back then :ohdear:

Featuring :
Big Show vs Chris Jericho in a Body Slam Match.
Santino vs Kozlov in a Dance Competition.
Diva's Battle Royale.
Wrestlers from the 80s solve a "Who Dunnit" Mystery.
The cast of The A Team movie appear in character, and never break kayfabe.

The A-Team show up on Page 15
Insane poo poo starts happening on Page 46
Nexus debut on Page 54

Tyma fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Jun 25, 2020

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SalTheBard posted:

Do you have a link?

The craziness starts at this point.

Havoc904 posted:

I feel like I am 12 again! This episode as been fun as hell!!

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

quote:

gently caress YES! I don't know what's happening but there's the future of the WWE in the ring.

:sigh:

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Oh yeah, I forgot that they had Rampage Jackson show up at Raw & did nothing with him

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...

Miching Mallecho posted:

Rewatching the NWO angle from start to starcade 97 with y’all and ready to rumble

It was :perfect:

It sure was.

I never posted much but watching the Anatomy of an Angle Jerusalem specials with you lot while I was recovering from a torn ACL and then a second torn ACL was probably the high for me.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
That one goon who did commentary over Z league mma events while drunk until he got banned

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

dsriggs posted:

Oh yeah, I forgot that they had Rampage Jackson show up at Raw & did nothing with him

better than what he did on tna, which can be summed up thusly:

although, AUGUST ONE WARNING REVEALED, THE MMA ICON TITO ORTIZ?! was a great moment that quinton really elevated with his dumbfounded stare

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
The spoony experiment gamergate rant rage ban

WM30 Skype call

My in retrospect weird foray of guesting on psp podcasts

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew
randy orton no pants watch was really epic and I think Randy got in on the joke

the mega picture from last year showing the death of wwe booking

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

RELEASE THE DOVES

we did this

NoMoneyDown
Jan 27, 2009

I've got the advantage. You've got nothing.
The Smackdown collage with all the absurdly funny faces. Back when Smackdown was the unquestionably better WWE program.

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew
also the time that PSP universally declared Alica Fox having the best fisherman suplex and then the next Chris Jericho match he busted out a picture perfect fisherman suplex

chris jericho is a goon

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I’m going to repost what I wrote in CineD because it applies even more here where I posted like crazy during my high school and college formative years. I haven’t been around much in a long time cause wrestling just doesn’t do it for me anymore and I ain’t waking up at 5am for NJPW live threads. Doesn’t mean I still don’t love this goofy lil wrestlehut poo poo box and everyone in it.

weekly font posted:

Remember when this place had movie torrents?

I’ve been reading or part of SA for just about 20 years now, almost two thirds of my life. I’ve made real world friends on wrestlehut, was partially inspired to apply to medical school when I believed I was way too dumb by Goon Doctor, discovered some of my favorite films and learned to discuss them in here. Some of the entertainment I even watch and love (Hbomb, Chapo) can trace their Dino DNA back here. It’s a genuinely important part of my life and I hope it can survive in tact without the piece of poo poo profiting off of it

GoonDoc moved to discord and I’m not a fan. It moves too fast for real discussion and I appreciate the sub-sub-communities that can exist within threads without people ever posting in the larger general chats if they don’t want to (sup CATS crew, spookadoodles and queer wrestlegoons).

I agree with whoever said they’ll be haunting the empty hallways til the place is demolished. It sounds lame as gently caress and I feel like I’m writing in the high school yearbook of a friend I know I’ll never actually put the effort in to see again, but this place means too much to me to not go down with the ship. It’s been real. Rest in piss, see you on the other side, take my five golden manbabies good sir.

weekly font fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jun 25, 2020

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The ADR vs Sheamus collage where their frown and smile respectively kept growing as they continued to face each other for no reason

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

There's too many hilarious TNA things to recount but the Bram thread is near and dear to my heart.

I hope that the Stupid Wrestling Fan Opinions thread is backed up somewhere. It's one of my favourite threads on all of SA. TNA Mecca, the TNA parody songs, Mike Kurtz, and all the rest.

e: hahahaha

flashy_mcflash fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Jun 25, 2020

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

that weird dominatrix lady who I said looked like Morishima

when that moron went off on me in the z-list flyers thread

Hulkamatt being demodded once people found out he was an ISIS recruiter

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

One of those is made up

Red is Dead
Apr 28, 2008

The great and devious UltraMantis Black hides from no man, woman, beast, or unearthly spirit.

Mob posted:

One of those is made up

I mean...

You don’t even look like morishima...

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Red is Dead posted:

I mean...

You don’t even look like morishima...

mods? they read the words in that sentence in the wrong order

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

I enjoyed the time Rovert told everyone they’d feel really bad when we found out the real reason Arn Anderson was fired.

And other times too, but I liked that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Envisioned
Dec 31, 2007

Hasta la Sunset Vista, baby

Sandman McMahon posted:

I enjoyed the time Rovert told everyone they’d feel really bad when we found out the real reason Arn Anderson was fired.

And other times too, but I liked that one.

Did you know that Charlotte had a nanny?