Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh I had forgotten about that too! Wasn't Nut Bunnies always ending up close to being crashed on by a wrestler whenever they went to a show?

I'm sure there was some goon specifically who almost got clipped in the side of the head in a match where El Generico hauled a table up at ringside too, maybe it was MRT?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Sandman McMahon posted:

Hey here’s another shout out I just thought of: many years ago some dude called The Shaman of Cum would not shut the gently caress up about PWG. Because of The Shaman of Cum I bought many PWG dvds and had a pretty good time overall. Thanks friend.

hahaha no problem. they were really good when i did that

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

SalTheBard posted:

Oh God yes. Wrestlemania 30 was the last truly good Wrestlemania

I was there. Coincidence? Probably. But maybe my awesomeness rubbed off on WrestleMania (31 was good too imo, and this year was good given the limitations)

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

SamuraiFoochs posted:

this year was good given the limitations)

I agree with you. It was way better than it has any right to be

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

two more memories come to mind

https://forums.somethingawful.com/banlist.php?userid=178521
this hilarious ban

also hulkamatt gassing I LIED instead of goldmining it

Cocomonk3
Oct 21, 2010
All of the PSP podcasts.
I still listen to the Ten Count, Punchsport Podcast and Monumental Podcast on occasion.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

HulkaMatt posted:

Back in 06 when every subforum was claiming a month to be a theme (june is endboss month, etc) - Nut Bunnies posted a thread called DECEMBER IS BRYAN DANIELSON MONTH. After that I decided to attend my first show and was hooked. This also immediately lead to Ditch sending me his enormous archive of Puro matches. The whole thing basically reinvigorated me as a wrestling fan, and I'm so glad I was here for it.

By the end of that year, it was heavily rumored that Mitsuharu Misawa was going to wrestle a match in ROH. MRT spent multiple hundreds of dollars (Maybe 1000, not sure) on securing us tickets so we could all sit together in the front row for it. That was a really happy period, and I met a lot of people I now consider good friends for the first time on that night.

Really, even though I can heavily nitpick everything that was going on in ROH around that time, I think that period throughout 07 is my favorite as a fan. Peaking at the end with that RISING ABOVE + FINAL BATTLE weekend in New York. Just an incredibly awesome period.

It was exactly $1,000 dollars.

As said it wasn't announced Misawa would be on the show. ROH would put tickets on sale for the next show in the market at the current show in a market. But, if you were at the Friday show of a double shot they would sell you tickets for the Saturday show in the double shot too. Virtually no one did this so you were assured whatever seats you wanted. 8 other goons wanted tickets and I also had to get tickets for another friend, so I walk in expecting to easily get 10 tickets at $70 each. Maybe $80 since ROH would jack up tickets for big fly ins.

At the ticket desk I am informed that tickets are $100 each and they don't have 10 tickets together, they have a max of 9. I forget if I got 9 in one section and I sat alone or if I got 8 and 2 but either way I took the lone seat and ended up next to the man with the stinky rear end.

Also a bunch of people who were going went to the NY show the night after I bought tickets so I went home from that show with like $800 in cash.

Jerusalem posted:

Oh I had forgotten about that too! Wasn't Nut Bunnies always ending up close to being crashed on by a wrestler whenever they went to a show?

I'm sure there was some goon specifically who almost got clipped in the side of the head in a match where El Generico hauled a table up at ringside too, maybe it was MRT?

At Death Before Dishonor Night 1 during the Briscoes/El Geen match there's a point where Steen is brawling with a Briscoe in the crowd behind me, so I turn to watch. However, they are setting up a spot where Generico will run across the ringside area and hit the Briscoes with a table. Not realizing this I got waffled in the back of the head with a table. Luckily I am much tougher than the Briscoes so while they were knocked to the ground and dazed I merely staggered forward and wondered what the gently caress happened

Then at the tag tournament show in Connecticut the next year Generico got through off the apron and crashed into the barrier, jamming it onto my toes which caused my big toe nail to fall off and then come back in grown. Thanks buddy.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Jun 26, 2020

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MassRafTer posted:

Luckily I am much tougher than the Briscoes so while they were knocked to the ground and dazed I merely staggered forward and wondered what the gently caress happened

Mark Briscoe just woke up in his bed in the middle of cutting a profanity laden tirade. That has nothing to do with your above post though, he just does that.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I really enjoyed doing the Match of the Month polls, especially because it got me to watch promotions I'd never check out otherwise. Unfortunately the results became too predictable (Oh, New Japan won again?) and I was getting nearly zero posts in the threads despite regularly getting 50 - 75 votes.

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

NienNunb posted:

The Arch of Bunk

N’thing this, I LOVE the big every-other-year tourney vote. Hopefully we’re all still here for the 2021 edition :unsmith:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

TTBF posted:

I really enjoyed doing the Match of the Month polls, especially because it got me to watch promotions I'd never check out otherwise. Unfortunately the results became too predictable (Oh, New Japan won again?) and I was getting nearly zero posts in the threads despite regularly getting 50 - 75 votes.

Sad I missed this because the things like Champ of the Month & the MOTY threads are some of my faves in this sub because I love seeing what others like & checking it out & introducing stuff to others & the whole thing is dope.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I might restart it now that AEW exists and NXT are doing matches more often. There also seems to be more interest in general in lucha libre and non-NJPW promotions since I quit, so maybe we might get New Japan not dominating.

This assumes we keep posting here and Lowtax is gone.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I wrote a post skeptical of the entire thing being handed over, but have since read that if it doesn't happen, this forum will be able to be moved elsewhere. We're also going to have a couple of new mods here either way in Seth Rollins and the guy who champion pig hangs out with. I "putted" this in the wrong thread, but it's somewhat on-topic. "putty-wutty"

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Jun 26, 2020

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

I also miss the Sheep games, and we should have one again.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Hopefully we're going to stick around here and this thread won't be the end, but just in case.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3389587&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=54#post388157290

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3180956&pagenumber=613&perpage=40#post401798936

"I think I received a Virus whilst browsing the Wrestlehut?"

and that post of Jerusalem's I can't find where he countered someone's argument about Jeff Jarrett at least being better than 9/11 by pointing out that 9/11 got people to turn on their TVs.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

It's always crazy what you remember about certain things. I remember that I went to dinner with my wife that night since it was valentines day. I was so annoyed because I knew the Rock was coming back and I was worried about missing it (I didn't have DVR at this point in time for some reason?)

So we went to dinner around 6:30 or 7 pm CST and the whole time I was texting a friend "Has the Rock appeared yet? Is the Rock back? What's going on with the Rock?" and I got him in time to see this promo, but my Wife was mad at me the whole night because instead of focusing on our awesome dinner at Carraba's Italian Grill I was more worried about missing the Rock.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

I have a lot of fond memories of playing Xbox 360 games with Wrestlehut goons. FishBulb, smashpro1, some others.

Oh, I remember I lived in Baltimore for a year and participated in Secret Santa, and someone--I forget whom--gave me tickets to an ROH show, and Steen came crashing into me. It ruled.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ugoEee-Xqw

Sandman McMahon posted:

I enjoyed the time Rovert told everyone they’d feel really bad when we found out the real reason Arn Anderson was fired.

And other times too, but I liked that one.

Arn Anderson did nothing wrong.

Grant DaNasty fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jun 27, 2020

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Did I imagine it or did somebody also make a video version of that comic? I remember laughing my rear end off and being super-impressed by it, but have never been able to find it again.

i made the gif but who knows what happened to it, because i dont remember where it went after 3 different dead hard drives.

Timby posted:

I have a lot of fond memories of playing Xbox 360 games with Wrestlehut goons. FishBulb, smashpro1, some others.

Oh, I remember I lived in Baltimore for a year and participated in Secret Santa, and someone--I forget whom--gave me tickets to an ROH show, and Steen came crashing into me. It ruled.

me and Karmine where there too!! also remember uh i think APSouthern getting a gimp mask for WH2KSS

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

KungFu Grip posted:

me and Karmine where there too!! also remember uh i think APSouthern getting a gimp mask for WH2KSS

Yes! I just couldn't remember. I remember one night we were playing 1 vs. 100 and I got selected to be in the 100, and everyone in the party started flipping out.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
people that were talking about that playground backyard fed, i dont know if any of y'all saw this but...

https://twitter.com/Ortiz_Powerful/status/1228439839525265409

(threads good, stevens watched this stuff in roh too lol)

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Oh man that's awesome lol

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

King BW <3

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
How in the gently caress did I forget King BW?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Remember when Beta Bard saw King BW at Raw once and could have said hi but didn't?

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Looking through my old files I stumbled upon this beauty that someone requested back in the day.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Does anyone have the toy dinosaur version of this gif? I've been looking for it for a while.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Sexual Cornbread's Clothesline from Heaven

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

I came back to wrestling right after Batista won the title and I just remember seeing the goddamn :krakken: emote everywhere.