Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Miss Broccoli
May 1, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I know it was a team effort but she mentioned you by name so something you did was impactful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I don't think she's reading SA anymore but yeah, +1

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013
Bird crew is best crew.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

yo maybe bird should come back, drama is over, and they really atoned you know? i respect that a lot, completely sincere

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I hope she comes back when things settle.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

LAB did a good thing

LAB also did a good thing for me recently

I hope she comes back.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
LAB is the best :unsmith:

admiraldennis
Jul 22, 2003

I am the stone that builder refused
I am the visual
The inspiration
That made lady sing the blues
I hope she comes back but also pretty understandable if she doesn't want to

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

I love LaB. What did she do, and when did she leave?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Snowmankilla posted:

I love LaB. What did she do, and when did she leave?

She left after the lowtax news broke, deadmined herself and logged off
Then Logan made a post on her facebook the other day specifically calling out LAB for helping get her out of an abusive situation

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

That’s awesome. Thanks.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

admiraldennis posted:

I hope she comes back but also pretty understandable if she doesn't want to

Yeah LAB seemed really burnt out on moderating even before this, so I don't blame her one bit if she wants to enjoy her newfound freedom.

Scatsby
Dec 25, 2007

All Mods Are Bastards, but also LAB rocks and did good today and yesterday.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Thank you sincerely for helping her LAB. I have been her in the past, and from what is publically available it sounds like you're doing a great job at helping her. And thank you for putting so much effort into keeping her privacy.

You don't and never deserved what this website did to you.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Goodspeed to good birds.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

She is a great lady, thank you for being great!

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

this sincerely and truly ruled. thank you

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
I only had one interaction with LITERALLY A BIRD, here in QCS, but it was a positive one and everything I have heard about her makes it seem that she is good people. I hope she feels able to return to the site in time.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

She great

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

qnqnx posted:

Goodspeed to good birds.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

LAB was the bestmin

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

bird is the best, and did a lot of v good things that I am honour bound not to recoutn.

I harbour a hope that she will return, when our need is great.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Bird is dope, and is super helpful whenever I have to send her a PM about annoying stuff.

Top shelf stuff Bird.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Literally a Bird flew more than halfway across the U.S., at personal risk during a pandemic, to help a woman escape her abuser. Do I have that right?

Pretty cool.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Well done, Bird.

If your path does not lead you back to us may it lead you somewhere better.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

As a former poster in the bird thread who stopped posting there because my bird died, I hope that LITERALLY A BIRD returns to the forums unshackled by her admin and moderator responsibilities, and just to post.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Just showing my appreciation as well. Thanks Bird

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
LaB went above and beyond all the time, definitely one of the best mods this site's ever had.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
LAB is/was a good mod and I can always appreciate someone who thinks my lovely posts are funny enough to quote them as the name of threads in PYF every so often. It was always cool to see someone who actually gave a poo poo about things and people and I'm going to miss their presence: but if modding was as stressful as it seemed, I hope they're doing better out there.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Bird is good. Bird is the word.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Obviously the "literallys" got this poo poo on lock.

Thanks for making us look good!!!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Literally a Bird sent me a PM when someone said I was a lovely poster and told me I was an OK poster.

So she is way wrong about posting but otherwise a very nice person in my IMHO honest opinion.

e: And a good moderator/admin.

Four-Eyes
Nov 3, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Literally a Bird sent me a PM when someone said I was a lovely poster and told me I was an OK poster.

So she is way wrong about posting but otherwise a very nice person in my IMHO honest opinion.

e: And a good moderator/admin.

Yep.

I said it in another thread, but despite me sending an unnecessarily sarcastic email to her about the Lowtax situation, she responded with dignity and clarity. Any frustration I felt towards her handling of the original abuse allegations was completely gone by the time we'd finished interacting.

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Literally A Bird seems like an incredibly cool and level-headed mod/admin outside of that one incident with the Schadenfreude thread which ultimately was a pretty minor thing and she more than proved capable after that so it literally doesn't matter. She's a very cool and good person by most every account. I sort of accidentally threw her under the bus in a post I made a few days ago complaining about another mod relating to the aforementioned incident and I apologize for that, as she clearly didn't deserve it and I was being a moron. I feel bad about it anyway so I'll just say I'm very sorry and I hope to see her post here down the line even if she doesn't want to be admin again.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I'm dumb and only just now realized that this thread isn't about whether or not LAB is a good poster or mod or admin, but about how she helped a domestic abuse victim, which is levels above any forums poo poo.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Put her star up in the rafters.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Bird is good. Bird is the word.

Arrhythmia posted:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

When you first start nodding pyf you get given to schadenfreude thread by the other mod lol because all of us hated it. Blunt gave it to bird who gave it to me and then cash crab and then gbs lol

Arrhythmia posted:

:yeah:

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Thank you Bird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Four-Eyes posted:

Yep.

I said it in another thread, but despite me sending an unnecessarily sarcastic email to her about the Lowtax situation, she responded with dignity and clarity. Any frustration I felt towards her handling of the original abuse allegations was completely gone by the time we'd finished interacting.

Well fine, then I guess I have no choice but to apologize for my triple post yelling at you in the sagas thread. I was really upset.