Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Grouchio posted:

Justice for Christmas Cakes. :colbert:

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
All of the male leads in Aka's works are giant dorks and I'm here for it.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
A new war of Love and Geniuses

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
New chapter nerds
https://guya.moe/read/manga/Oshi-no-Ko/41/1/
The curtain rises on a new war.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Annointed posted:

Gods the things I'd do to see this animated with high production values. It'd be so cool.

Given the success of Kaguya-sama, I expect this one to get the same level of love and production values assuming the manga is still popular.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

NowonSA posted:

No harm in giving it time to build up plenty of chapters to draw from before it's animated. This is also a lot more serialized than Kaguya, so I don't think there's nearly as many chapters you could just skip past and not animate. Which just means it'd be done essentially like a regular anime I suppose, but it's all the more reason to have a good sense of how things are shaping up, and when a natural end point for the anime would be.

We've definitely not hit one of those yet, yeah.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
https://guya.moe/read/manga/Oshi-no-Ko/42/1/

New Chapter

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
New chapter and the Aquabowl is heating up.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

OnimaruXLR posted:

I'm kinda curious why Ruby is orbiting around this sadsack AD given his sub-dogshit position in the industry. Does she intend on literally making him into her long-term project to get an inside man in the mid-tiers of production?

Reading comprehension is hard, I understand.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Why do I have a bad feeling about this

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Rubellavator posted:

did not see that coming

I expected Aqua was gonna try and use a bigger story to eclipse Arima's but I didn't think he'd pull this ripcord.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

a pipe smoking dog posted:

One would have to assume she is fulfilling all the idol jobs now that the other 2/3rds of the group are pursuing their acting careers.

She has her own streamer thing going on too fwiw. It's just that the series doesn't really go into it since she's just a supporting character and not involved in the competition for Aqua either.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Nebrilos posted:

Honestly, why aren't they employing Aqua as a scout at this point?

Because he's also a bit of a weird jerk and they're afraid of him rubbing someone the wrong way despite him knowing better.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Remember, she's doing it out of love

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

I had just been assuming that the movie script was going to do a hard swerve from biopic to murder drama, but even though I don't know what Japan's libel laws look like I have a hard time believing such a script would get a green light to begin with.

Regardless, there's definitely some kind of swerve in the works, but it also requires us to buy the equally preposterous idea that a script is filmed in the exact order in which the scenes are written. But one way or the other we're going to have to swallow some number of narrative conveniences.

tmk, Japan's libel laws follow the British style so it's definitely something that'd be legally fraught IRL, but I think we're still missing details from the movie and the grand finale/reveal which is where the biggest legal hangup would be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Aka's wild ride isn't stopping any time soon.