Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Looking forward to the her face when she learns that she's been trying to seduce a boy by pretending to be his dead mom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
I'm rooting for you Kana. Snag that emotionally unstable adult child.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

OnimaruXLR posted:

I'm imagining Oda's brain, in a jar, hooked up to a robot arm

Oda would love being a robot, as long as you gave him some beams

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
The plot kinda spinning it's wheels here for the past couple chapters at the same time that Kaguya is on a break has me wondering is Akasaka didn't stretch out the plotting on this part a bit so he could have an actual vacation.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
The greatest mystery now begins: will these siblings loving talk to each other about their shared trauma or not?

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
The time has come for Aqua and Ruby to communicate openly, share their burdens, and become the murder twins.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
I knew from the moment she said he wouldn't be convicted for murdering Ai because he was a minor at the time that the obvious solution was she'd just have to provoke him into another murder.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
New Chapter

:ohdear: Kana

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Endorph posted:

considering the star eyes thing the actress had going on, its possible theres something more interesting than just 'Killer Man.' at the very least it seems like his deal is targeting actresses and idols with star potential and such, which could at least loop into the series' commentary on the entertainment industry - him as a metaphor for what the industry does to a lot of young women.

Well she wanted to be remembered even a century later. Now she'll be remembered forever as a talented actress who died tragically in her prime.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Nebrilos posted:

Is there now limit to how far Aqua will exploit Akane? And is Ruby really going to want to participate?

Why cast himself as the murderer? Does he want to destroy his own career that badly?

I mean, the killer is his dad, who he strongly resembles, especially considering he is around the age his killer-dad was when Ai died. He's just casting the person who can best look the part.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Wait, hold on, presumably the director has read the full script, assuming Aqua isn't holding the most important details back for some dramatic reveal (ok typing that out he totally loving would, but he shouldn't need to leave the director in the dark about it), so Director should know that the culprit (played by Aqua) is the father of Ai's children. Why the gently caress would you cast his sister to play Ai in those circumstances. That's gross. Audiences are gonna know that's gross.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

SpacePig posted:

Am I misremembering? Wasn't the guy who did it someone else that the dad hired?

Aqua is not doing all this to call out the pawn who actually stabbed AI and has already been arrested/killed himself (don't remember which). The Culprit he is playing in this movie is absolutely his biological father.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
He used his past-life knowledge to just sorta skate through school so he'd have time for all the showbiz and revenge plotting.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

C'mon. He already had his suspicions when they were infants and her reaction to seeing his corpse would have confirmed it.

Aqua has no idea that Ruby found his corpse.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Fujiwara would start a company like this, and the timeline is right for her to be a working adult

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Captain Invictus posted:

if I had to pick one thing so far that's bugged me, I think it's from one of the recent chapters I've read, where it's shown that Aqua/Ruby's father isn't dead. like, the series has been relatively realistic in its portrayal of a lot of things, or at least has been pretty brutally grounded when not doing things for comedic effect, but I can't help but feel like there being this conniving mastermind faking his death to super-double-triple hide his tracks kinda feels like it's from the wrong manga. I genuinely thought it was a fantastic decision to have Aqua spend all this time, effort, and money to hunt down his father for revenge, only to find he'd died ages ago in another incident. I felt like that was a great swerve in order to totally derail Aqua's path in life and provide an opportunity to follow his further journey as he tries to come to grips with never being able to have his revenge, just never getting to have an answer, and working through that and trying to have a life focused on something other than revenge. that would've been great. but I guess dad's still around and completely aware of his kids and being a maniacal faceless(as far as I've seen) monster person, so I guess it's going more Anime with that route than I'd like.

I'm sure it's going to be handled adequately enough, since the series is still extremely highly rated many chapters past where I am, but I would have loved to see the path it took the other way.

Responding in spoilers just to be safe, only clearing up a misunderstanding you have. Aqua's father didn't fake his own death, Aqua was just wrong about who is father was. Aqua's half-brother's mom cheated on her husband with Aqua's dad, and the half-brother didn't know about it.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Please pretend I posted a gif of Caim's disgusted reaction face from Drakengard. You know the one.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
An actual link

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
There was one chapter that was pretty good, but it mostly seems to be relying on subverting expectations, which takes more time to set up those expectations to begin with. It's not as straightforwardly gag focused as early Kaguya was, so it remains to be seen if where it's going and if it'll stick the landing.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Sephyr posted:

This is not just a movie, as Ruby herself points out.

It's a kind of family-forging (or breaking!) ordeal.

Ruby is hilariously wrong about what this movie is for. It is an elaborate revenge scheme, the exact opposite of coming to terms with the past and moving on.

ZiegeDame fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Nov 30, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Pan Dulce posted:

I wonder how they're going to do the star eyes without it looking stupid.

Same but for the talking babies.