Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

I am having a lot of trouble on 2-12, probably because I am bad. I try using defensive actions but it doesn't seem to be helping? I don't really understand how they work. I try using them when I'm being attacked by someone I can't win in a clash against, but that still seems to leave my character staggered, and then dead the next turn.

When I rolled, I continued after getting two 000s and one EGO. It's... not worth rerolling now, is it? I pulled another 000 after that, so I have 3 000s and 1 EGO out of my first 60 rolls or so.

The alternative seems to be grinding the low-level story missions until I can overlevel myself enough to beat the 2-12 enemies, though, which... is also going to take a long time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Junpei posted:

When two attacks clash between your side and the enemies, the base value of the skill is taken, then every coin in the skill is flipped simultaneously, every Heads makes it so that the thing above the skill (+3, -2, etc.) happens to the base number.

Once the math's done, the two final numbers are compared, highest wins, one 'coin' is knocked off the loser, and the clash repeats until one side has no coins, after which the actual skill goes through.

This time, each coin is flipped in sequence, and at each step the value is the base damage (though the damage can fluctuated based on Resistances, Resonance, buffs, etc.).

Say you have a skill with a Base Value of 5, a modifier of +2, and two coins.

You luck out and get two Heads in the clash. Thats 5 + 2 + 2 for a total of 9. You win the clash.

The skill starts. Frowny face, Tails first, deal 5 damage. Then you get a Heads, and do 7 on the follow-up.

"Heads Hit" means it takes place if you get a Heads on that individual coin, after the damage takes place of that hit.

This coin explanation was very good and very clear, and helped me get past my roadblock.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Account merging works now. I was able to put my rerolled android account into my steam account. :toot:

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

I'm C497720635. Please be my friend. :ohdear:

I only have G Corp Gregor uptied to level 2 right now, but now that I've started farming the Mirror Dungeon, I'm hoping to uptie the rest of my 000s at some point too.

Also, big thanks to everyone who's been posting about the lore, I appreciate it a lot. I couldn't get through Lobotomy Corp because it was too hard for me, and I'm bad at paying attention to cutscenes, but I really like the setting and Project Moon's general style, so getting things in a format I can consume when I'm not busy trying to play the game helps a lot.

EDIT: Also the weekly missions expire in 22 hours so if that means Thursday (or Friday KST, I guess) is when the new week starts, it might be worth grinding out all 5 of your mirror dungeon runs before it resets, if you haven't yet.

Colin Mockery fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Feb 28, 2023

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

It only costs 20 thread to uptie to level 2, and 100 (total) to get to level 3. If each Mirror dungeon averages 10 Ego Shards from picking the 5 random boxes as a reward, then you should be getting on average 50 thread per week just from that.

So that's on average 2 weeks of farming to max out a character's uptie level, before any extra shards you get from pulls.

That doesn't seem too bad, honestly? I haven't done it yet, but two weeks is way more generous than any sort of "you need to pull the exact character again several times from the gacha" nonsense that I've seen in other games.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

FYI if anyone else got confused on how to select a friend summon, when you're choosing your team at the battle start screen, you have to hit the "Edit Team" toggle on the lower righthand corner (right above the "To Battle!" button) first to be able to edit your sinners' identities.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Cirina posted:

Something to note is that it doesn't need to be three new stages, it just needs to be any three. Mirror Dungeon clears count for this too and those also get you battle pass progress, as far as I can tell they're completely unmatched in exp per stamina spent as well even once you start getting half rewards after the first five per week. 60 stamina for 6000 exp vs 239 exp for 8 (maybe later chapters give more exp per sanity but I used 1-5 for ease and speed of testing).

I was getting something like 600-700 ish exp for 18 stam in chapter 3.

Mirror Dungeon clears definitely seem to be where it's at, especially if battle pass progress past level 60 gives you shards.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Qrr posted:

There's also human time value, though. A fight in chapter 3 is 3 waves and at some point you'll be able to just kind of skip through it by being overpowered. The mirror dungeon is like 15 waves and you can never outlevel it. It works out while you enjoy the gameplay, but grinding can definitely get tedious.

Oh, for sure. With a friend summon, I can already skip through the 3-2 two-wave fight just by hitting the "win rate" button over and over, which is what I was doing with my stam before I realized the Mirror Dungeons still give a whopping 6000 exp per run. All the levels in the same chapter seem to give just about the same amount of XP, I've noticed.

I'm less sure on how to make the mirror dungeon faster, but I'm hoping having a full party of level 3 upties and multiple EGOs equipped makes you strong enough to blast through the early fights, since those stay the same even if the levels don't. I can usually get through the first floor pretty quickly, but after that, it takes more attention. All the fights have the "autopick" option on them, so in theory...

It helps a lot that Project Moon lets you bank stamina as Enkephalin Modules though, so you can just stockpile modules if you want to grind dungeons but don't have the time at the moment.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Being in a mirror dungeon when weekly rollover happens fails your mirror dungeon, btw. I still got XP and manager XP based on my progress though, which is better than nothing.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Ariamaki posted:

Yeah speaking as a very big Ishmael fan: Do Not Mind Whip unless you actually have the 10 Charge to pay for it not being a randomizer attack. :v:

Or, if you're in a Mirror Dungeon against a boss, you can mind whip on turn 1 and then immediately quit the battle and retry if she targets a party member. :v:

It might be cheesy, but that stupid loving Seal abnormality was loving destroying me over and over until I got a lucky leg stagger on turn 1.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

You can have up to 200 friends and bringing a starter sinner at uptie 3 is still a pretty big power boost, just because of the action economy.

I don't understand the problem with letting people have an extra character if they find the story quests too hard without a 6th sinner.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Einander posted:

I just discovered that bug myself today and that's rude as hell.

Just dropping in to complain about this too. Oof, and it was almost dead too.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

nice

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

posadas posted:

I haven't really paid attention to what the level curve is, but it feels pretty steep; you go from filling several levels with a single golden ticket, to a fraction of a bar by level 25. Given that this game seems to lean towards using all your tools in your toolbox instead of sharpening just few tools, I'd rather have two level 25s instead of one level 30. We'll see just how difficult the new content is, and if it does require 30s, well, I hope I have enough tickets stockpiled

It costs 36 (I think) of the gold xp tickets to max out a character, or one level 20 ticket + 30 gold XP tickets. Five of those tickets are just for 29 -> 30 though, and one level's worth of stats is barely anything.

So 31 tickets per character you want at level 29.

Right now we're getting 18 per day (5 gold plus 5 silver = 6 gold), so about one maxed out character per two days of farming. Soon we'll be getting 4 tickets per run instead, plus however many silver tickets, so maybe 9 exp runs (18 modules) to max a character?

edit: omg lol this poor fish. hit us all too hard and then got nerfed by hand of god lmao

ok i checked my chars:

10 -> 20: 7 tickets (gets you halfway through 20, if you start at 0/168 on level 10)
20 -> 25: 11 tickets
25 -> 29: 14 tickets
29 -> 30: 5 tickets

So maybe 7-8 tickets for the first 20 levels.

Colin Mockery fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Mar 27, 2023

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Jossar posted:

So you've literally spent your entire day's worth of Enkephalin, doing 6 XP runs without getting a single Thread Lux in, to get back to par with what you would have been if no changes had been made, and only now can you make a profit on XP. And I guess this works out for those of us who do have dozens of modules to burn, but it seems like it really sucks for people who are just getting into the game now. Unless I'm missing something here, which I would very much like to be.

I think it's about no longer pressuring players to use 100% of their free energy generation on dailies, and having 0 energy left for other stuff. My interpretation is that they want players to be doing fewer XP runs overall, and not making it half of their free energy's daily farming routine (just keeping 1/day for the battle pass quest).

When players see the "daily bonus" bullshit, it makes them feel inclined to spend their energy getting the bonus, because they don't want to miss out, but that seems like a downer when daily bonuses are 100% of your energy and would disincentivize users from saving up modules for later content like the thing in April that's also gonna cost modules to get rewards from. It definitely felt like a misstep when people did the math when it first came out and came up with "you'll need to log in 2-3x per day and spend ALL your saved energy to complete all 6 runs", so it makes sense to me that their first change was "you can stockpile the energy instead of having to use it right then" followed immediately by "you don't have to use 100% of your day's energy to get 100% of the daily rewards".

The XP curve is steep from 27 onwards, but it doesn't take that many XP tickets to get to level 20 or 25, and I think it's interesting that the Mirror Dungeon is one of the grind spots but it doesn't need you to use any XP tickets to get new characters ready for it, just thread.

Now players can spend 120 energy on farming their 18 thread per day, 40 on the xp for the battlepass, and can save 80 xp/day to use on other stuff (such as stockpiling modules or doing mirror dungeon for battle pass XP). If you only check in twice a day and get 200 energy saved instead of 240, you're not missing out on too much. And now if you need XP because you get a new character, you can just use modules grind it all out at once instead of having to wait for the daily bonuses (assuming you don't have enough tickets to start with).

I'm definitely doing 3x XP dailies now to stockpile tickets while the rate is higher though. The extra modules I'm getting are from the level up energy refills, which seems to have me at roughly net positive energy for now.

Colin Mockery fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Mar 27, 2023

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Quackles posted:

Can anyone recommend a team that can auto-clear the Lv. 28 XP stage easily? My current team (LCB Sinners Faust 30, Meursault 30, Hong Lu 25, Heathcliff 25, Ishmael 25) falls flat some of the time.

Note: Base LCB Sinners only. I have only a few other identities and none of them are built, and to build them I'll need XP tickets, which...

Don't forget you can take in a friend summon. I like N Corp Rodion for that, since it looks like you don't have her leveled yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if most level 30 UT3 blunt attackers would work. Maybe swap out Ishmael or another 25?

I was able to successfully auto-clear with this team, without anyone dying, hitting win rate the whole time but also throwing in some EGO attacks when they were available in wave 2:

LCB Faust - level 30 (i friend summoned her)
LCB Heathcliff - level 30
LCB Mersault - level 18
LCB Hong Lu - level 29
Mittelhammer Rodion - level 30 (you can friend summon this one)

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Loxo321 posted:

Timewise, it seems like it but if you're still doing one EXP Luxcavation every day for the daily exp mission, then that's 14 modules (assume no exp sweep) you're spending which is more modules than what you can generate in a day so it's not really a sustainable practice as far as I can tell.

Might have screwed up my math somewhere though since I did it all in my head.

By this math, doing xp once, and lux once and then skipping lux twice, would cost 12 modules per day and get 24 thread/day (5 runs)

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Depending on how many new EGOs/identities we get before the end of the season and how hard you grind, you might end up with enough nominable boxes saved to start pulling on the second-to-last banner instead of last, maybe, and just shard the contents of the last banner. But that gets more mathy than the "wait until the last minute" strategy.

I'm still missing six 000s and 5 EGOs. :x

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

If you pick up a lithograph or other healing item early on in your run, w don can be worth it, since you'll have so much healing that taking a bit of damage wont matter

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

I heard you can use a support character in the event dungeon? Is this true? How? It didn't give me the option when I started the dungeon and chose my team of 5.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Ariamaki posted:

Speaking of Rupture, has anybody ever gotten the 50% chance EGO gift for giving a subtle hint in the 'saucy' Bongy event? I am 6 for 6 on whiffing it so far, and everyone I have spoken to has tried 3+ times and never seen it either. Given the alternatives you're giving up I dunno if it's worth it to keep trying just for the sake of spading.

I did it once and got the first gift (not the Tango Marinade, but the one that gives bleed). After that I switched to picking the second option each time.

also, wow, I haven't heard the term "spading" in a long time, lol

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

TeeQueue posted:

Well they've got my 11bux a season forever and probably 10bux a month aside that just to make sure they get money from me...

I don't even need anything I just use the game as a patreon. :v:

Yeah, if they're gonna be this generous with the gacha, I'm willing to just pay for the battlepass indefinitely.

I've had bad luck with rolls but I still have enough shard boxes to shard a lot of what I'm missing, especially if the login event gives us more stuff.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Ok this is my understanding of season change, the gacha, and the dispenser (please correct me if I'm wrong):

Disappearing from the Gacha, CANNOT be Dispensed for Shards, will return Season 3:
Season 1 - Orientation (Event):
Lifetime Stew EGO
RB Chef de Cuisine Ryoshu

Still Appears in the Gacha, CANNOT be Dispensed for Shards, will return Season 3:
Season 1 - Orientation:
G Corp
Ch 2 Gamble Crew (Tingtang Hong Lu, Jefe de Los Mariachis Sinclair)
Lobotomy Corp Remnant Faust
LCCB
N Corp

Standard Identities/EGOs, no change for season 2, available in Gacha and Dispenser:
Kurokumo
Seven/Liu/Shi/Zwei Section
Blade Lineage
R Corp
EGOs Added to the Extractor During the Season

Not currently available, will be in the Dispenser but not the Gacha, starting season 2:
Current Battle Pass EGOs

So anything good in the Season 1 set of identities, if you don't have it yet but want it, you should shard it before the season ends, but the standard identities/EGOs can wait until season 2 if you're low on boxes or want to save them still. And as KazigluBey points out, you can look at the info for an identity to doublecheck what season it is, it shows up if you hit the magnifying glass icon when looking at it in the dispenser.

EGOs are drawn without replacement, so as long as they're still available in the gacha, there doesn't seem to be a need to shard them unless you're actually planning on using them soon.

Colin Mockery fucked around with this message at 22:58 on May 9, 2023

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

L.U.I.G.I posted:

Or it's just wanting to see big number without having having to min-max some stuff. I mean, I literally rigged some poll just to get an easy solution instead of actually facing the challenge ahead. The Eye facing the Fear, breaking the cycle as they say nowadays.

sure but forgetting about the ballet ribbon bondage dance because you dont play the EGO animations doesnt mean its not horny or that pm doesn't have horny content

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

GoodluckJonathan posted:

I haven't really played much since Refraction Railway came out. Just logging in, doing a couple sweeps and logging out. Pulled on a couple banners. Running through Chapter 4 is basically the first time using any of the more recent units and Good loving Lord is N Sinclair a wrecking ball. Dude went from "well, he's got Impending Day" to "I will 100%-0 the boss in one turn, help, my eyes are bleeding."

Gripclair is a loving beast.

I keep bringing him into mirror dungeon runs and he keeps killing Gregor because I'm not paying attention.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

fyi if you scroll down on the dispenser, it offers more than one EGO gift for sale

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

That was brutal and took forever, wow. My Form Empties took me 13 turns and an hour and a half, oof. My Grippy Faust died on the 3rd floor, and I hosed up my 0 Gregor heal plan by forgetting to bring someone with Gloom until I finally picked up Nclair on the 4th floor.

I went in with N Faust, Tingtang Hong Lu, R Heath as my starting 000s, and brought N Rodya and N Don to fill the team.

I picked up LCCB Ish and LCB Gregor later for their passives, but it turns out I didn't have any Gloom to trigger his Gregor's passive anyways, oops, so I spent most of the dungeon at uncomfortably low health on various chars because I didn't get any decent healing EGO Gifts.

After that , I picked up N Mersault, NClair (should have brought him at the start), Seventh Section Outis (not great), and Chef de Cuisine Ryoshu, who I used in the boss fight.

I ended up really relying on Bodysack and NClair for a lot of it -- Bodysack at high sanity is great for clashing, since R Heath's so fast.

I'm definitely not convinced it's worth all that effort for just more exp, but I wouldn't be surprised if they nerfed some stuff to make it easier. But at least I did it once!

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Once a week but keeping it real challenging sounds like the right call, especially with all those starting buffs and uptie 4 coming.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

If the difference between quitting at the final hour and killing the boss is just 3 bp and I can still get the 250 lunacy (either then or later off an easier run), I'm skipping My Form Empties next time lol

If you're really obsessed with BP, it'd probably be faster to just spend the lunacy on daily stamina refills instead of pulling and run the Normal mode as much as possible.

Colin Mockery fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jul 13, 2023

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

MotU posted:

This is all a plot to sell more Battle Passes. We need to reach 100% Battle Pass Saturation

This is definitely what it feels like they're chasing to me. 3x the nominable shards for each battle pass level is such a huge deal with the amount of shards they want.

On the other hand, I've been having pretty decent success with MD Hard with my team of Uptie 3 characters (and a bunch of upgrades), reliably getting to the final boss without too much effort and usually being able to eke out a win without resetting more than a few times. So I'm not that worried about needing Uptie 4 for the short term. I'm probably only going to uptie my core characters for now and leave most of the EGOs alone.

I wonder how hard the Magic School Bus event is gonna be, since it'd be best if they could keep that accessible for players who haven't been playing since launch.

Re: EGO Chat

I like Bodysack the most because it costs 0 sanity and only needs Envy and Lust, and I have a lot of that generation on the teams I usually run him on (NFaust or Chef Ryoshu both have great lust skills), so I can just spam it all day every day in Mirror Dungeon without worrying about running out of EGO resources.

By contrast, I regularly find myself light on Gloom generation to fuel Fluid Sac, at least in part because I usually don't pick up Warp Don until later, and the sanity dip makes me a little leery since it affects her clash ability, which I rely heavily on.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

If I commit to a 5-person N Corp team, I can't run Warp Don and R Heath at the same time... Huh, I'm really not sure what to prioritize.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

I got 22 entire battlepass levels and 750 lunacy by using up my weekly bonuses even though I gave up on the final boss. :eyepop:

It really doesn't feel necessary to nerf the Mirror Dungeon if they'll just give you so much stuff even when it's too hard for you.

edit: Oh, well, glad it wasn't nerfed then, lol, maybe my original team was better before I went full NCorp.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Also FYI (I got hit by this, rip), after you consume your Hard Run bonus, you don't get any rewards for beating MD2 Hard anymore, so switch back to Normal and stay there.

They're gonna change it, but don't have an ETA on when:

https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1679750852624670721

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1683371123248078849

https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1683334841025314816

They seem to be giving out a total of 20 pulls worth of free lunacy between UT4-related bugs and the Bodysack Uptie 4 being mistranslated (the buff said "per attack", but should have been "per kill") in English.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

You get 3 shards per 0, 15 per 00, and 50 per 000, for dupes.

I don't think they're trying to push people to spend money on buying lunacy to pull on the gacha -- not for shards. But I think it's increasingly obvious that they want everyone to be buying the battle pass and earning most of their shards from BP levels, and that if you don't have the battle pass, UT4 is going to be hard to attain if you're also trying to save up for buying things straight from the dispenser.

The weekly hard dungeon is 22.5 levels, and the dailies are an additional 1 level per day, giving you just about 30 BP levels per week if you don't do any MD2 Normal grinding. 30 BP levels is only 30 boxes (avg of 60 shards) for an f2p player, but it's a whopping 90 boxes (180 shards) if you have the battlepass.

After you add in the additional stuff every week (750 lunacy from Mirror Dungeon, and 300 lunacy from the weekly update, plus events or apologems), it should be easy for a battle pass player to just buy a 000 from the dispenser every two weeks, without making any pulls at all.

Only the seasonals will be leaving the dispenser, and a bunch of the new EGOs and IDs they've released have been getting put into the standard pool instead, which makes the math even easier if you're a battle pass haver trying to decide "do I want to spend my boxes on buying another character, or do I want to spend them on UT4".

And the battlepass is only $10 for the entire season, which lasts multiple months (and last season they even extended it because their new content wasn't ready), which... does feel like a fair amount of money to ask for. That's less than one coffee per month.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Yinlock posted:

[On Kill] is still in fact bad, unfortunately. That said Soda Ryoshu probably has a niche as an occasional mirror dungeon finisher so it's not worthless. And it's better than Forest's complete dogshit passive that just gives her 5% more damage for 1 turn

Do people really hype up Impending Day? It's like the most nothing EGO

I use Impending Day a lot for dropping NClair's sanity when needed, especially if there's a clash I need to win. Lifetime Stew I find a little iffy, because you can't clash with it and the burn on Tails Hit makes me nervous. If I'm not paying enough attention, he'll corrode and I really don't want to gently caress up my entire party from a little bit of inattention, whereas my team can usually survive if I gently caress up and Impending Day myself just once.

EDIT: ^ For MD2 Hard, if you don't get a resource generating gift relatively early, then things can get a little tight with EGO resources. I tend to open with EGO attacks on the first turn of a battle, to try and get a couple turn 1 staggers in to give myself better action economy.

Yinlock posted:

That's more it being a single-hit TETH EGO than the EGO itself though, which is what I mean when I call it a big ol nothing.

Yeah, that's totally fair. But it's the only Sinclair single-hit TETH EGO, which makes it the best one by default. :eng101:

I do think it's valuable to build yourself a team that can auto MD2 with minimal attention, though, just to make grinding as low effort as possible. That's a valuable niche even if it means your team is weaker overall (against stuff like Railway or other manual fights). For that, NClair with Impending Day, NFaust with Fluid Sac, and Ryoshu with a sub Chef Gregor (for the chip damage healing and the boosted Rustle Up passive) have been pretty good to me, whereas I don't pick up RIshmael until floor 4/5, assuming I get some charge-based EGO gifts, because I just never notice I hosed up a Mind Whip until one of my guys dies and I have to redo the battle.

Colin Mockery fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Jul 25, 2023

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Lurks With Wolves posted:

Wouldn't it be better to use Lifetime Stew, then? Because the corroded version always targets the character with the highest health, which is either an enemy or the person who (barring bad resistance matchups) is least likely to get murdered by getting hit by a stray EGO.

Anyway, Impending Day's passive is better than most on kill effects, but that's just because it's a passive that applies to all of his attacks for the rest of the fight and you don't have to line up specific attacks on specific enemies. Instead you can just play normally and make your resources back over the course of your average multi-wave fight with a reasonable amount of micro.

No, because we're assuming you're in a fight where the enemies are challenging enough that you're already relying on EGO skills to win clashes.

If NClair goes before them and you stagger a character who was meant to clash, then that character's going to get hosed up by whoever they just failed to clash against. And if they go second, they might hit a character who's close to their stagger threshold, and then you've got a staggered character next turn.

This might change with the right-side MD2 buff that removes the first stagger threshold for all your characters, though.

edit: Oh lmao nevermind I didn't even remember that it targeted the weaker ones. Either way my point boils down to "if you're in trouble, even just staggering an ally instead of outright killing them is real bad and might swing the tide of battle against you".

The animation when it's corroded is so fun though...

Colin Mockery fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Jul 25, 2023

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

AweStriker posted:

Also Limbus has a dedicated PC client, so it’s… mobile-optional, I guess you’d call it?

The mobile client is frankly not very good and it feels like it was developed to be for a PC client first. Haven't we at least twice had bugs in the Android build so bad that it blocked progression? They've made improvements to the UI, for sure, but even click-dragging skill icons during abnormality fights is an exercise in frustration for me because sometimes the icon gets "stuck" and I can't easily get it to snap onto the enemy skill I'm trying to make it clash against.

I like it fine for dailies and anything you can autobattle, and it's definitely convenient to whip out a phone to convert energy into enkephalin boxes, but otherwise... meh.

When Railway was out, and for my first run of MDHard, I did all my fighting in the Steam client instead, because it's so much nicer for things like "clicking on skill effects", "hovering over stuff", and so on.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

MotU posted:

is this a gacha game? i havent rolled the gacha in months, i just use boxes for shards

i havent successfully pulled a 000 or EGO from the gacha since wetcliff came out, despite using all my free lunacy, but im sitting on over 1100 nom boxes from mirror dungeons and whatnot, so im starting to lean towards spending my lunacy on daily stam refills and switching to boxes for everything instead of pulling too, tbh

the only thing stopping me from buying spicebush yi-sang right now is that im waiting for more seasonals to come out before i use my guaranteed 000 season 2 ticket, and i wouldnt wanna pull it as a dupe

edit: v I think for gacha games, it makes sense to discourage people from encouraging others (or themselves bragging about) to whale out just to buy more pulls for getting someone from a limited banner, because that kind of "just keep spending money for a chance to get this special character" encouragement is not good for people, but i really don't think this thread encourages people to whale for pulls because the return on investment for that is just... bad, especially compared to the once-per-season battle pass purchase that just rains tons and tons of shard boxes on you and lets you skip pulling altogether

Colin Mockery fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Jul 25, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

So I have everything from the gacha but I still have a lot (1000+) of boxes...

I'm assuming it'd be better to use them up on Tier 4 upties before the season ends, rather than let them turn into thread? On the other hand I have a lot less thread than shards/shard boxes, so maybe it wouldn't be terrible for them to change over.

What's worthwhile for UT4, in general? I uptied a few of the things (Gripclair, Fluid Sac, RIshmael) people called must-haves when UT4 first came out, but I haven't needed the power boost so I've been hoarding resources.

Also, I have 160 Hong Lu and 160 Gregor shards, and 400 Outis shards, so advice on how to use those specifically would be great. I don't have any UT4s for those characters or their EGOs.