Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
On my first playthrough of LobCorp, on day 7 and I think there's only been one day where I've gotten more than 3 LOB. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Also, I just stumbled across O-05-76. I... think that's a rewind.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
So, continuing my first run, my facility (besides the default OSaHoGD) now consists of Forsaken Murderer, 1.76 MHz, YMBH, Punishing Bird, Old Lady and the newest addition Der Freischütz (already had to restart the day becasue the fucker got ornery). Any minimum-spoiler advice on what abnormalities I should be fishing for/ what I should avoid/ how does my current setup look in general/ any cool tricks I can pull with these?

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Anyone got any words on F-01-18? I think I'm at the memory repository day (picking my 9th abnormality) so i'd rather be cautious. On that topic: when exactly does this game make the save?If I reset now, do I replay day 10 and get a new abnormality selection?

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

TeeQueue posted:

Closing out on the selection screen resets everything, and you have to replay day 10 and pick a new abnormality. The game saves the abnormality once you've picked it, and the placement once you've selected an area you can build out into that it can be placed in. As for her... she's fine. Doesn't really work well as a trainer or anything, but she can't actually escape and just deals low white damage if you mess up with her.

My choices are T-01-68, F-01-18 and O-04-100

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Any words of wisdom on O-05-47 or O-04-84?

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Riiight, is there any way to make The Naked Nest not be an absolute gently caress? I'm this close to hitting that rewind button again.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Day 13 runs killed count:
Green Noons: 2
Naked Nest: 4

I'm getting its gear and resetting so hard the game's going to automatically restart the game any time this piece of poo poo even pops up as an option again.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Anybody got anything to say about -55 and -61? In particular, do either of those breach (and if yes, how likely is that breach to level my entire facility)?

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Hunt11 posted:

How early into the run are you? Neither abnormality breaches and both provide some very good buffs to those who work them but also have strict rules that if you break will kill employees.

Between days 14 and 15, about to pick up my 13th anomaly. Would like to get a breaching one for Hod's mission 4 since I only have 3 so far (and Knight, I guess, but... NO.). So my choice here is between:
1. taking the third anomaly, Schadenfreude, which I already had before doing a rewind, from which I have already extracted all gear, which I don't need for training since I've already got Freischutze to cover Justice and who is a gigantic pain in the arse for me to manage becasue of the way I like to play, but who would I guess solve the problem of breaching.
2. Taking one of the two other anomalies, setting me back further on Hod's mission
3. Retrying the day and hoping for a better roll

Whatever I do, I need something I can live with in a long term as I'll be avoiding a rewind at all costs since a) I feel like I've got a pretty decent setup going so far and b) as mentioned I've already done a day 11 reroll and I really, REALLY don't want to do those five loving days for the THIRD time.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Alright, here it is, day 16 abnormality choice, whatever I pick here I'm stuck with. Options are -30, -66, and -99, still on the lookout for a breaching one.

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Aug 20, 2020

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

TeeQueue posted:

-30 is an unfavorite and will likely give you fits. -99 is a simple teth. -66 is hard to manage because it’s a constant memory test, but gives one of the best overall weapons in the game period.

Do any of them breach?

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Holy gently caress, Nothing There REALLY doesn't want to let you use it as a training abnormality.

Anyone got anything to say about -96? I'm picking between it and -104 and leaning towards the latter, but it'd be good to know that I'm not skipping something amazing.

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Aug 25, 2020

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
On my day 21 choice, first pick is between -06, -106 and -64, any input on these? Another ALEPH would be nice, barring that something that can easily train prudence from low levels and more red-resistant EGO suits are priority.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Well -06 is a finicky HE that trains attachment and has some annoying rules to manage it. -64 is a WAW, a very good instinct and attachment trainer, who is a bit breach-prone, but not hard to suppress, just annoying, and useful for a future mission. -106 is another ALEPH, that due to certain.. peculiarities.. is completely worthless for training, and being a member of the Clerk's Rights Squad, will probably kill your day when it inevitably does get out.

I would go with -64. It's got very good gear and ALEPH tier weaponry, and more importantly, isn't -106.

Anything about -72? Second choice is between it, -08 and -61, the latter two I've already heard about between the LP and this thread's advice.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Current state of the facility. The two abnormalities in Central are -61, and -64, no agents assigned there yet.

At this point it should be apparent that I tend to run my days unreasonably long. I also have entirely too many Justice trainers, no good low-to-mid Prudence trainers, and I somehow ended up with Laetitia (who is a good girl who has done nothing wrong in her life), CotG and Little Prince in the same department.

At this point I find myself with five newbies to hire and train and no real gameplan for it. I find myself somewhat less enamored with the Mirror than TeeQue becuse the random nature of its stat redistribution means that at the beginning of the day I have no idea what an agent to be sent to use it will be able to train. Any advice on efficiently getting newbies up from the thread? Other remarks o the setup?

Also, I've seen multiple warnings in the thread regarding sending workers with Crumbling Armor's gift to work repression. From what I understand, it ramps the gift up to a final -20 Fort/+20 Just, at which point it just stays there. Anyone care to explain why that is not considered a good tradeoff?

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Aug 29, 2020

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

TeeQueue posted:

Having too many justice trainers and not enough other trainers is probably related to why mirror isn't clicking with you as much-if most of your training is going into justice the usual loop of 'buy points elsewhere and shove those in justice cuz it costs more' is just not as good. Anyways, you happen to have a good mid-to-high prudence trainer on hand there in Little Prince, since the easiest way to deal with it is to just work insight over and over (swapping with other abnormalities after each work) unless you like trying to remember everything. :v:

Child of the Galaxy also works as a good prudence trainer in a pinch, since it lets you train any stat at a base competency level with low risk of death-you just trade away your damage modifier for it, which matters much less when you're going hilariously deep on every day.

Setting that aside, Crumbling Armor's tradeoff isn't that the gift gives -20 HP and +20 Justice. The tradeoff is that you never get to work Attachment again, or your head falls off.

If you're cool with not being able to grow Temperance, then it's worth it if you want to nuke your HP and be superfast instead. And hey... don't you have mirror? ;)

Updated the post with the image after a fer incompetence-related misshaps with hosting. The issue is that, with the upcoming missions from Tippereth, going hilariously deep is going to stop being an option very soon.

Unrelated question: are there Amber Noons in the game? Common sense would dictate so, given the four types of dawns, but between TQ's LP and my own playthrough without seeing a single one I'm beginning to suspect their implied existence is merely this game's take on the prank with three pigs numbered 1, 2 and 4.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Day 22. Third abnormality in Central is Big and Will Be Bad Wolf (choice was between it, -98 and -71). Slowly beginning to accept that my lot in life is never seeing another Prudence trainer. Also, barring a reset it's now 100% inevitable that once I expand Central again at least two of my agents will be back to swinging those dinky Penitence sticks like it's day 2 all over again unless I decide not to fill all my agent slots, but why would I do that (serious question, is there a good case for not being at capacity 100% of the time?). Back to BaWBBW, did my standard "start the day without setup, throw my best agent at the new abno a few times, find out what makes it tick, reset" routine. Seems downright pleasant, looks like it might even be persuaded to train some agents while I farm it for gear. One thing that worries me are all the references to its interactions to that other abnormality, don't remember the number, definitely Red Riding Hood. Looks way too elaborate to be dependant on random chance, I'm suspecting it's another of those paired abnos and starting to wonder if I haven't just guaranteed myself a reset.

Suppressed my first Dusk. Geared an agent up for Green (Magic bullet, Mimicry, Child's gift and token and Knight's special effect), got Red instead. Honestly, a bit of a disappointment. The first got instantly deathballed to death when it decided to roll through the room I bunched up all my agents but one, and the other spent a few minutes desperately trying to scratch the aforementioned geared up agent while she plinked away at its health bar. Didn't dare to send anyone to assist becasue, y'know, Magic Bullet.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Any words of wisdom on -89? Choosing between it and -109 (and Schadenfreude, which I simply do not need at this point).

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Work it once or twice per meltdown at most with a 5/5/5/X agent in insight. You need Aleph level armor with as much black resist as you can thanks to that nasty instant OH gently caress HP/SP damage you take. Once you have its weapon equipped, working it is fairly safe, but until then.

Is its gear worth it at least? Between it and 109 which one would you chose?

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
So I've just got to day 25 after clearing Tipheret's third mission. Leaving aside all the plot that just got dropped on my head for the moment, I've got two questions regarding core suppressions. Firstly, does attempting them lock you into something? Can you go into one, find out how the hell it works, retry the day and jump back into it once you know how to prepare? Second, do they count as normal days in terms of progression, or are they, for a lack of a better word, separate?

Also, are there any good HE level Prudence trainers? What numbers I should be on the lookout for if I really want one?

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Sep 5, 2020

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Okay, dipped my toes in Malkuth's suppression and I can't quite figure out what's going on but I can already tell it's gonna be a headache. Did anyone notice the more detailed information mod reacting oddly with this one? The percentages displayed have nothing to do with reality.

Also, what's the general advice regarding timing these? Should I just run all four upper layer suppressions in a row, should I save them for days where I have either no new abnormalities/equipment to farm for/ missions to complete, should I just do them on a day following a memory repository and cheese it with rewind?

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

TeeQueue posted:

Malkuth's suppression is a lesson in figuring out what Malkuth's suppression does. Make sure to read what the game tells you when you turn it on, and also pay attention to everything going on. You're already partly there with your 'nothing to do with reality' observation.

As for when to do them, I generally just do all of them ASAP whenever available-they give cool perks so you want them done ASAP. You can always farm later.

What about missions? I've noticed that "suppress Malkuth's core" or whatever what the only mission displaying, which to me implies that you can't complete any other ones. Are the perks from core suppressions good enough to postpone unlocking new research? I would like to get execution bullets ASAP, the fourth expansion in central gave me a Clerks' Rights Squad abnormality.

E: Also, do you have a list of all the mods you're using on hand? I'm looking for the one that fixes the gifts increasing work success chances, like the Helper's in particular.

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Sep 6, 2020

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

TeeQueue posted:

It's uh... complicated.

You can do some missions and not others. Any mission that tracks specific things like beating up X abnormalities or defeating Y ordeal don't seem to track correctly, while end-of-day states like 'have x agents with fortitude 100' or 'beat the day in y amount of time' or 'do not let any meltdown timers expire' will work fine.

See, this is the specific one I'm on right now (Tipereth 4, if I'm not mistaken), and I don't see the game tracking it. It should be in the top right corner if it was, right? Also, it's extremely not happening while Malkuth's melting, I've got Nothing There in my facility.

kvx687 posted:

Hod, and to a slightly lesser extent Malkuth, have extremely useful upgrades that you will probably want to get ASAP, though one day to complete a mission probably won't be too much of a delay- keep in mind you can't do core suppression on checkpoint days, though (ending in 1 or 6).

So you always have to wait a day between rewinding and attempting a suppression?

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Sep 6, 2020

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

TeeQueue posted:

-Console Unlock
-Infinite abnormality extraction (you need the research first, but this will let me avoid RNG screws if we don't see big bird before Binah unlocks)
-Chesed Research Fix
-Employee Re-customization
-Weapon error fix
-gift effects fix
-Free change appearance
-Suppression chat
-More chat

They're around between the nexusmods site and the gdoc about basemod. Might use others in later loops to save time on grinding.

What's your take on the Gift Chance Boost mod? Is it a significant enough change to distaort a first playthrough, or would it still fall under QoL?

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Sep 6, 2020

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Okay, hold on for just a goddamn second, is part of Hod's meltdown gimmick that she can can actually drop agents to lower ranks if she debuffs their stats enough? And that, either by conscious design or programming oversight, the same applies to anything else that modifies agents' stats, like, say, YMBH?

E: Okay managed to suppress Hod without losing anyone and even completed Tiph's fourth mission while I was at it. Honestly, the bigest dick move she pulled was demoting the agent I lowered to minimum in all stats with YMBH to level I, something I didn't notice until 4 resets in. What I genuinely can't believe is that the Violet Noon somehow didn't trigger Mountain of Corpses' escape. Can it only lower by one in a single action regardless of how many employees die at once, or did I just luck out and there simply weren't a total of 20 clerks in the affected rooms?

Of course, the punishment for getting through the suppression fairly easily had to come and it did in the form of this abno selection: -02, -72, -32.

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Sep 7, 2020

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

kvx687 posted:

Anything that modifies stats can change their ranks, Hod's gimmick is particularly large so it's most obvious there but you can also see it from e.g. particularly large modifiers from You Must Be Happy, getting a new EGO gift, etc.

YMBH modifies stat ranks, but it normally doesn't change agent ranks. A rank V agent that was brought down to rank I thresholds in all stats is still treated as a rank V agents for things like special abno interactions and fear levels. My standard way of working Censored boils down to dressing a rank V agent with CoG's gift in Aleph-tier suit and bringing them down to I in all stats making it all but impossible for them to fail between the damage resistance, the sweet sweet >90% work chance success on insight and the regen outpacing the damage given the workspeed with 15 temperance. What happened during Hod's suppression is that the method suddenly stopped working, and I couldn't figure out why until, three or four resets in, I looked more closely at the panicking agent running away from the about-to-breach Censored's containemt unit and finally noticed that the numeral on the left of their nameplate reads "I" instead of "V"

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
So if I'm reading this right, completing a Sephirah Meltdown causes Qliphoth Meltdowns to no longer spawn on the abnormalities in the department. Is there a way to at least temporarily bring them back? If not, wouldn't that potentially be a pretty strong disincentive to doing them in some circumstances?

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

TeeQueue posted:

Some boss fights bring them back, but otherwise there’s no going back.

It’s not really a problem, to be honest, since it cuts down the number of meltdowns we see and makes the day easier to deal with, and the slight downside of not getting free works on WAW/ALEPH abnormalities is well worth the cost.

It’s always worth it to suppress a core, basically.

Doesn't it also make it impossible to safely or at least reliably make some abnormalities breach?

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Can someone explain how expanding departments and unlocking missions interact? I'm on day 26, just unlocked Disciplinary, at the end of the day I can either open Welfare or expand the already opened department. What impact does either choice on the mission availability?

Also, day 26 resets counter: 7 (turns out agents with no ego suits cannot safely work with Mountain of Smiling Bodies even when pumped to max stats; an agent ran out of attempts at YMBH and got mulched; turns out that they can't work with Burrowing Heaven either; forgot the noon was Violet; turns out agents with 1.5 red vulnerable Teth suits can't actually work safely with Big and Will Be Bad Wolf; forgot Luminous Bracelet's rules; encountered Amber Dusk for the first time and it kinda owned me, especially given that I was mostly geared for a Green one)

At least most of those were quick.

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Sep 11, 2020

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

lets hang out posted:

I didn't get to play with it, sounded fun but also busted to hell. Surprised they buckled so quickly. It was probably a mistake to roll out so many big changes at once, and it was definitely a mistake to do it without immediately available patch notes. With notes and some explanation of the thinking behind the changes people might've given them more of a chance. Like, not sure what they were going for with what they did to card draw.

You get access to missions at the second, third, fourth, and fifth expansion pips, but you still have to complete each one before you'll be given the next.

Right, so if I opened the Welfare department right now I wouldn't get to do Gebura's first mission?

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Sep 12, 2020

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Beginning to understand why you wouln't take any of the Clerk's Right Squad abnormalities TeeQue, Mountain of Smiling Bodies is being a huge pain in my rear end. Granted, that last restart was really on me, I gambled on the Violet Noon not being enough to drop his counter from full to zero and lost.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Back in the game after getting frustrated with it an giving it a rest for a while, finally got through day 26 and it's time to pick a new Abnormality again. Today's picks are -15, -106 and -50.
<checks the LP notes> This... does not look good. Any recommendations? For the record I already have 3 ALEPHs in my facility (-75, -89 and -20). Expanding disciplinary first so I'm one day away from getting the execution bullets.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Choosing from -108, -110 and -31. Would rather not have to repo. Advice? Day 27, 4 ALEPHs currently in the facility, sitting on a pretty bad red resistant suits deficit at the moment.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

kvx687 posted:

None of these are particularly good choices, so pick your poison:

108 is a Clerk's Rights Squad member and is generally mediocre otherwise. When escaping it has one pretty nasty charge attack that deals a ton of damage and can eat the EGO gifts of survivors but otherwise isn't hugely threatening, and its suit has good red resistance and decent black. It's an OK judgement trainer if you don't have any other good WAWs or ALEPHs, I guess?

110 will try to mind control your agents if you go five works on any abnormality without working it, and will bless any employee that enters its chamber, including from normal work; the bless gives a decent buff to work speed and SP, but if five agents are blessed all of them will turn into monsters. It's a pretty good Insight trainer and has a strong red-type ranged weapon and a suit that's strong against white and decent against red.

31-is a really painful Aleph whose counter decreases if you get a non-normal result, and if it does escape it's a nightmare to suppress- it teleports to a random spot in the facility and goes through four phases where he's immune to all but one specific color each phase and deals heavy white damage in an increasing area of effect, and if you don't kill him before the last phases finishes he kills anyone in the entire facility under half SP and completely drains all the energy you've collected so far. In exchange it gives a powerful white melee weapon, a suit that's strong against red and black and nearly immune to white, and if you're lucky enough to get its EGO if the agent is wearing the suit they become completely immune to white damage.

In general I would say 108 is reasonably low risk but lowest reward, 110 is good but requires a lot of attention, and 31 is extremely strong but heavily luck-based and basically guaranteed to force a restart at some point.

Wait a moment, didn't you say that 110's the one who blesses? Because I've picked 108 specifically to avoid it and it looks suspiciously like it's blessing anyone who works with it.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

CHiRAL posted:

They got 108 and 110 mixed up...

Well, gently caress. Looks like two days of training up newbies and Army in Black down the drain.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Cloacamazing! posted:

You can still keep it. It's annoying to work with, but nothing impossible.

Unless, of course, you get the bright idea of doing the Hokma suppression after adding it. On a repository day. That was... difficult.

Haven't even unlocked the relevant department but I'm assuming it's on the bucket list. Level with me: will having it in my facility make said suppression impossible? I need to know if I need to repo on day 30.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
So, suppressing Nothing There. After a few attempts the method I've found to do it without any casualties (exept for the one needed to make it breach in the first place) involved an agent with its own armor, Child of Galaxy's max regen, Knight of Despair's blessing and Army in Black's protection. The agent tanks the abnormality for the first 30 seconds, with literally all other agents in the facility waiting in an adjacent corridor/room, and once it transforms into a cocoon you just pile everyone on and hope they can dps it down before it transforms again. Now, TeeQue does not have all of those, but perhaps between Luminous Bracelet and red shield bullets an agent might be able to hold out for half a minute?

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Another day, another memory repositery abno pick. Any words on -57, thread? The alternative is -101.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Cloacamazing! posted:

57 is a good WAW Fortitude trainer with good equipment (1 each) and also cool as hell. They can help you suppress anomalies, but will breach after 3 breaches (Punishing Bird doesn't count), so make sure you can suppress them. If you have 58 in your facility, agents can only work one or the other and they shouldn't meet if they breach.

101's Qliphoth counter lowers on good results, with a low chance of lowering on normal, and increases on bad. They're bad for training for that reason. They have decent suits (3) and a cool weapon (3), but you can only get the weapon by suppressing them. Has a special attack that does massive white damage, so you need to be able to get your agents the gently caress out of the way. I had good luck placing them in Disciplinary, I could just withdraw everybody to the elevator.

So in summary, better training and easier to handle vs more WAW equipment.

It's my first pick for whatever department comes after Disciplinary/Welfare and it's a bit moot anyways since my game crashed in the meantime, but the advice is appreciated. Also,

Cloacamazing! posted:

Oh, and if you have 37, don't wear the suit when working them. It took me a while to understand that, I don't think it's mentioned anywhere.

I do have -37 and I already know what -101 is from the LP, does it melt Snow Queen's armor? Becasue if so it's hilarious.