Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

OK, so I've just finished the tutorial and have a very very very basic idea of what's going on.

• How do I evaluate identities? (I did the New Manager's 20 Pulls and got Yi Sang's Wishing Cairn EGO [TETH], along with Seven Section 6 Ryoshu [00], W Corp. Cleanup Agent Meursault [000], and Liu Section 6 Meursault [00]. From the mailbox I got Blade Lineage Salsu Yi Sang [000]. How do I tell what's good?)

• Should I spend my 10 pull ticket on the Gregor extraction or the general extraction, or hold it?

• As someone who is F2P for the foreseeable future, what is the best thing to do with my Lunacy?

• Is there any reason for me not to uptie everyone right away, at least to level 2?

• Is there a glossary of the combat mechanics somewhere I can check? I have no idea what all these keywords mean.

• Is there any use for Egoshards other than the shop, to buy Identities/EGO? (I see they expire.)

• Is there any way of gaining Egoshards other than duplicate pulls?

Quackles fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Mar 5, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

So wait, will Gregor go to the main pool once his event is over, or is he an exclusive character?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I see. What ways are there to get more Thread? Just boil down Egoshards, or anything else?

(also, because I have to or I'll burst: What's uptie? :smugdog:)

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

For now it's just egoshards, but in the roadmap they have a pair of daily "luxcavation" fights -- kill humans for daily exp tickets and kill abnos for daily thread. That should be in the game in less than 2 weeks, on Thursday the 16th

And there's no source of daily Lunacy yet, then.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Correct, but they'll be adding weekly-limited lunacy rewards to the mirror dungeons at the same time as they add the luxcavation mode.

Got it. I think I'll maybe hold further pulls for now and see how far I can get with what I have.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

One more question. I've uptied everything I can to level 2. I'm about to start my first battle (that is, stage 1-2) and...

The number of teambuilding combinations feels appallingly large, which is greater complicated by the fact that I can't see everyone's details without long-pressing them. Am I going to have to make a spreadsheet to have all the information visible at once?

Any teambuilding advice?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

More questions!

A Sinner's sin resistances are based on the lowest level of EGO they have equipped, right? So if I have Crow's Eye View [ZAYIN, N-N-En-N-F-N-F] and Wishing Cairn [TETH, N-N-In-F-F-N-N] equipped to Yi Sang, his resistances are those of Crow's Eye View, but if I unequip it, he gets the resistances of Wishing Cairn?

What about if I go into a battle with out any EGO equipped?

For Clashes, is it just [Base Power + Coin effects] that determines the number that tracks a clash? Or is there anything else that affects the numbers?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Ariamaki posted:

As for the Clashes, there are a few other effects: Generally speaking it's Base Power (+ or -) Heads Flip Modifier for each coin in the attack, flipped individually, plus effects that grant Coin Power, plus any advantages from overwhelming differences in the Attack Power stat (the sword that is listed next to attacks, the first full +1 comes in around a 5-point difference), and then any relevant effects of EGO Gifts, Passives, or other special mechanics from dungeon events or w/e.

Oh, so the Offense stat does affect Power? Good to know.

I've been digging into the status effects and I was sorting out Power vs Damage, but I think I have it now.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

More mechanical confusion. Liu Section 6 Meursault's passive, Great Mountains, says it activates (Lust Res. / 2) times per turn.

With his default EGO, Meursault's Lust Resist is Fatal, which I thought was 0.5. But "activates .25 times per turn" makes no sense.

How's this work?

Bonus: Seven Section 6 Ryoshu's passive, C.I.H, boosts Slash damage by (Gluttony Res. / 2)%. So if she has Fatal (.5) Gluttony resist to start, that's a boost of .5 / 2 = .25 => 25%?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Loxo321 posted:

I think it's not "resistance" but, rather, is "resonance"

Oh, OK. Is 'Resonance' in passives the number of symbols of that color in the chain [when over 2+], then?
And what does Absolute Resonance do for that calculation, numerically?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Is there any reason to get in fights you don't have to in a dungeon? I'm in my first one and I'm at something of a loss as to why not just take the shortest path.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Just a heads up about EGOs: their displayed power rating is associated with the attached identity, and changes when you switch identities.

Be warned.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Pigbuster posted:

What is it that determines what sin resources you start battle with? It looks like it's randomly generated based on the sinners' affinities but I'm not sure how.

You start empty. The gauge on the right during the battle prep screen shows the fuel costs of your EGOs vs the number of copies of attacks of each type across your total team.

In Mirror Dungeons, the resources you get in one battle might carry over between fights. I’m not sure.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Solitair posted:

What's the deal with single-coin attacks having negative modifiers? I have Rodion's 4th Match Flame and Sinclair's Impending Day, and no idea how to effectively use them. Do I have to wait until they have less sanity so I get the better result?

Maybe it's a comeback mechanic?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Can someone explain what resonance and absonance* actually do? Also, for passives that work off absonance, what number do I put in the slot for purposes of calculation?

*"absolute resonance" is a mouthful

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

So it's just damage... OK. And how are passives like Hong Lu's EGO passive "Ripple" calculated? If I chain 3 Gloom skills in a row, does an ally heal 3 SP at turn start, or 6, or what?

quote:

Ripple

Turn Start: Heal SP for the ally with the lowest SP by (Gloom Abs.), excluding those in panic.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Ah, OK. And I assume that if it's /2 etc, it rounds down. Got it.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

KobunFan posted:

Fighting that drat Apple Boss in the Mirror Dungeon and having Yuri die over and over again and seeing her head on that stalk is a kind of drat nightmare.

Project Moon Megathread: a kind of drat nightmare

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

MotU posted:

i feel like there’s a big gap between people who have played LoR and not because when I did the boss I got hit maybe 3 times total but I also realized how goddamn brutal it would be for people either A) not rolling a lot for IDs/ EGOs B) people not used to manipulating speed dice order so you get unopposed attacks off before clashes in order to stagger or break early

Run that by me again. Unopposed attacks fire before clashes, and not in absolute speed die order?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

GilliamYaeger posted:

The first thing that comes to mind are relatively obscure properties with the same kind of off-kilter vibe that Project Moon has. OFF. Hotline Miami. Cruelty Squad. EYE: Divine Cybermancy. Madness Combat. Killer 7. Anything by Yoko Taro, but probably not Automata for what should be obvious reasons.

Paradise Killer?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I just want to say that it's rude that stages don't display Enemy Info once you die to them.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Ariamaki posted:

To be clear this also includes:
> Sin Resonance boosting coin power

Oh.

Whoops.

Also, I suspect the damage calculation of 'Favored' or not is not fixed, either.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

DuoRogue posted:

(sloth is some weird blocky thing, though..)

A stone.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

So I just beat Chapter 2, and I'm trying to understand character passives.

A Sinner's Passive kicks in when they're in battle, and their Support kicks in when they're not, right?

Or do both kick in when they're in battle and the Support also kicks in when they're not?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

It's worth noting that when the resonance update hits, I suspect there might be occasional situations where you want to trigger a resonance or absonance chain to boost your Offense and shore a clash that was otherwise borderline.

So that'll be more relevant soon (if I understand the mechanics properly).

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

If it's a multiply coin, is affected by Paralysis, and rolls Heads, does setting that coin's power to 0 set the attack's final damage to 0?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Did my first Thread Dungeon today. Took half an hour (all my characters are/were at Lv. 12) and I got 4 Thread.

This may take some time.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

edit: actually I think the pattern was stagger left -> break left -> stagger right -> break right. not exactly sure how this limb regeneration works... it would help if I could read the passives.

For Abnormalities, you can read each Passive once it triggers. Knowledge is pain plus observation, indeed.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Well I killed icthys three times and on the last run all 3 passives were still greyed out.
The ebony queen from yesterday did reveal her "after it is destroyed, the 'apple' part applies fragility on all other body parts and then regenerates next turn" passive the first time the apple regenerated so idk what's up.

Yeah, the passives don't appear when you kill the abnormality - they appear when each individual passive activates.

If that doesn't happen, I think it's just a bug. :lobcorp:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

What should I do with my Egoshards? I'm not pulling atm - I did the New Manager's Extraction to completion and cashed in my Guaranteed 10 Pull ticket and that's it (I'm waiting for the event) - so I only have a few shards of everybody.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

SITB posted:

If you don't desperately need thread you can just save them. During the switch from season 1 to 2 all the stacks will be halved, one part becoming thread and the other becoming season 2 egoshards, so even if nothing catches your eye in season 1 you will get a headstart in season 2.

I do need thread but I'm currently able to beat Lv. 20 Thread stages without too much trouble. I'll get there eventually.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Einander posted:

Probably the most important thing for the event this week is to be able to auto the Mirror Dungeon (pick Win Rate in every fight), so make sure you can do that. If you can't, either because you don't have enough good Identities or because even your good ones aren't Threaded up enough for the computer to handle it, consider burning some for Thread so you can auto it. But you may as well wait until the event comes out Wednesday and we know what the required margins are.

The Refraction Railway dungeon intended as the hard "endgame" content is supposed to be in early April, so at the very least wait until then to see if you have any big gaps in your Sin coverage or roles, or if you don't have a good Identity for every Sinner. If any of those three things are a problem, then you can open select-a-Sinner shard boxes then and try to fix the gap.

(For example, Don Quixote has one of the weaker base Identities and a bad two-star, but a pretty great three-star Identity in Warp Cleanup. Since you can use every Sinner in a dungeon, it makes some sense to pick up that Identity for Don if you don't have it, to shore up that gap. But if you don't need the boost now, then you may get that Identity by surprise or see Don get an even better one in the banner after this one, so it's better to wait.)

For reference, only my base identities are uptied to Lv. 3 (I spent my free thread on Uptying everyone to Lv. 2 before I started chapter 1) so I'm just plain old sticking with uptied LCB Sinners.

It works for thread/EXP dungeons, at least.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

What I want to know is, what on earth is the birth rate in the City to enable such a ridiculous rate of misery and death? With the exception of if you're a member of a Rabbit team,, every single person who dies / distorts / gets murdered by a distortion or a Sweeper or one of our Sinners passing through took like 20 years to grow.

That's the circle I've never been able to square about the setting.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

I think it's a bug where if you kill YWTGBH between the first and second cutscene, the second one never happens so you have to kill the adds 4 times so their passive kills them (since that cutscene is what disables the revival gimmick).

Yup, this happened to me.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Found this on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPVzeN5wiIg

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

TeeQueue posted:

If you’re doing the endgame content with anything less than u3 level 30s, you’re already a crazy person and presumably know what you’re doing anyways.

So, just you? :v:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

BTW, which EGOs have special targeting rules? I've noticed Snagharpoon targets out of order, as well as one of Yi Sang's (but I don't remember which one).

I'd like to list them in my spreadsheet.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

BTW, when I turned off 'Post Processing' in the options menu, the game stopped crashing on my phone.

If you're having crash problems, try and see if that helps.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I just noticed something else.

You know when you use 'To Checkpoint' in a chapter dungeon?
This resets your progress to that of the last checkpoint...

but you keep your current sin resources.

This could be used for some cheese!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Just beat Kromer with all base sinners - Yi Sang / Hong Lu / Sinclair / Outis / Gregor, all Lv. 25.

Phew.

Now it's time to get everyone ground to Lv. 30, or at least to 30 Attack. [The Inquisitors in the Blunt EXP stage have 34 Attack.]