Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Hunt11 posted:

And sometimes the game messes you up. I still feel salty when I got the gift from the singing machine that pushed an employee into the jump into the spinning blades level of fortitude.

There's a reason my employee working the Singing Machine has Level 2 fortitude.

jimmydalad posted:

Attention tax is rough. As the game progresses, I’m finding it harder to use Today’s Shy Look because I need my attention to be elsewhere. I’m glad I don’t have Old Lady or I could go crazy.

With Child of Galaxy, does his pebble carry between days? If so, does that mean that you just have one employee perpetually spending time with him?

Old lady isn't too bad because that's definitely an Abnormality you can just completely ignore; her effect only matters if you send somebody in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

TeeQueue posted:

You never forget your first Violet Noon.

My first violet noon I managed to avoid any agent deaths by sheer loving coincidence. It did get me properly paranoid though, because that was sheer luck.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Honestly I didn't find it that hard to figure out.While loving around with it at some point I just kinda noticed that while I had gotten successes on it, it was never while I was actively looking at it and had a bit of an epiphany moment. It helps that this game's very inspired by SCP, and one of the most famous SCPs has a similar relationship with movement and vision.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

So I've been playing for a few days and really do like Limbus, mostly for the writing and characters more than anything. I do gotta ask though, how do you go about actually teambuilding? Mostly I've just been trying to use characters with big clash numbers/coins that hit an enemies weakness, and have enough sin to power EGOs. I don't know how much I should be worrying about status effects, they mostly seem kinda inconsequential. Maybe it's the low numbers, but it doesn't seem to me like Poise 2 or Damage Up 1 actually make that much of a difference. Passives, too, seem kinda odd, given that they require certain sins to activate. Honestly I've been just not worrying about them and if they activate, hey, bonus. Game's been easy enough up to this point, I'm just worried I'll hit a wall where I'll have to actually understand how this all works. :v:

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Making my way through chapter 3 right now, and just so I'm prepared for the dungeon, can someone explain Kromer? I've heard she's blunt resistant and burns/bleeds are a terrible idea, but I don't know anything past that. I'd really like to not have to repeat a dungeon (after getting my team squashed flat by baba yaga's ice castle in dungeon 2).

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

So I'm finally back from dungeon 3 to report: Kromer was kinda fine, actually? For all I've seen people complaining about her passive, I found it was really easy to gather 3 A Sign which completely negates it. She was still a heavy hitter and I might've been in trouble if I was under level 25, but it was otherwise smooth sailing.

Guess I check out the Railway now? I imagine I'm woefully underprepared for it, but I can give it a shot at least.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Oh yeah, that does make a lot of sense actually. Not being able to disable that mid-dungeon probably meant a ton of people walked in with a team with incidental bleed and were just completely unable to even harm her.

GilliamYaeger posted:

Don't forget you can grab a unit off support. R Heathcliff and W Don (with Telepole) are your top priorities if you lack one or both.

I constantly forget about this, in fact! I don't think I've grabbed a support even once!

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Thankfully, Sinclair's base identity is both Slash based and also excellent; even if you pull his blunt identities you uh, probably don't actually want to use them. :v:

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Having given the Railway my best shot...I really don't think I'm prepared for this! My dudes are pretty much all at level 25 at most, and I don't think I have a ton of the meta Identities, so it really feels like an uphill battle.

Could uh, anybody toss me a support unit to cheese my way through this? My ID's Y798752907.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I restarted Lobotomy Corp thanks to Limbus, with the intention to actually finish it this time.

I'm on day 23, spent probably an hour figuring out how the hell [CENSORED] even works, specially crafted an agent to deal with it, and did a long day to grab its weapon.

Then when it was loading the next day, the game crashed and I lost all that progress. :sigh:

It's not the biggest deal ultimately, I really can redo the day much quicker now, but it's just...deflating.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

The best guess I've heard about that is the more popular prosthetics are, the more they devalue K Corp's healing bullets, so having N Corp dispose of the prosthetic makers is a win for both Corps.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I think the best rates I've seen for a gacha came from FFRK. Banners usually had like 9-12 rate-up items on them, and you had a 12% chance per pull to get a rate-up. Generally there were one or two grand prize items, but practically speaking any of the rate-up items were useful.

Also for that matter it had a system where you guaranteed got a 5 star item on a 10-pull, which wasn't always a rate-up item but it was like an 80% chance.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

So it looks like Dungeon 2 is 80 event points base. If you assume you'll be at like 1000 points after clearing it the first time, you'll need 5000 more. That's...63 clears of the dungeon, or 28 clears if you have all the synergy bonuses from Identites and EGOs.

Sounds terrible!

(though if you just want the unique event stuff that'll only be 7-15 runs. Up to you how much you want to leave on the table)

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I got real lucky I think. Did 4 10 pulls: first one was uneventful, second got lifetime stew, third was junk, and 4th I pulled chef Ryoshu twice. With a bonus G Corp Gregor too!

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Yinlock posted:

that loving chicken's multi bonk attack is like the deadliest move in the entire game if it lands

"stop bonking" i cry as he just deletes heathcliff who decided he didn't feel like evading today

I made the mistake of trying to clash it with lifetime stew, realized that lifetime stew can't clash, and watched Sinclair get completely obliterated. :v:

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

For multi-coin skills, every hit is effectively base skill power + (number of heads x coin power). So Butcher Vivandi would deal 6 + 7 + 8 + 9 damage on all heads, a max damage of 30. (With minimum damage of course being 5 + 5 + 5 + 5.)

And that's of course affected by enemy resistances, passives, ego gifts, etc.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Hoping for N Corp Don where her lance is replaced with a comically large nail

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

As far as grindable events go I think I would've preferred if there was just a daily mission to do the dungeon (that gives a ton of plushies of course)

As it is, though, I'm almost done. Got like 5 runs left I think?

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Finally finished getting everything from the event. Wasn't the worst, honestly, I basically just did some dungeon runs whenever I was otherwise watching a show and I ended up blazing through it. Probably helps that I managed to snag both Chef Ryoshu and Sinclair's Stew. Definitely hope they tone it down for next event, because I don't love that.

Anyways, now to get back to Railway! I think I'll have a much easier time of it now, I've acquired G Gregor, Chef Ryoshu, and Bunny Heathcliff since then.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Yeah, my general strategy has been to try to kill 2 chickens and break the chicken bucket on like turn 1. Stuff like Shi Don's Dual Strike, Chef Ryoshu's I.C., or Base Sinclair's Halberd Combo/Ravaging Cut can kill a chicken immediately, and if I get lucky with a Quick Suppression I can take the bucket out immediately. From there it's mostly smooth sailing, like he can still bust out some crazy attacks but with less chickens on the board and no ability to summon more it's a lot easier.

If you don't have enough damage to take the boss out immediately, ignoring the chickens is -15 SP per turn, which is...not ideal.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Shastahanshah posted:

I hope they stop giving generic defensive skills though, they're pretty much useless as far as I can tell.

I mean, evasion can be pretty useful. There's that robot abnormality fight in the railway where a sinner with evasion can completely avoid getting kidnapped entirely.

Also Sinclair seems to have a pride based defensive skill, so I could see that coming in handy. I do agree that people getting more unique defensive skills would be cool though.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

oh thank god i finished before the deadline

Pros of waiting: I was able to use Chef Ryoshu, who is legitimately fantastic and I'm pretty sure I achieved some clears way quicker than I otherwise would've. (She's also actually able to do the lust 15 skill check on the final stage, which it seems like very few sinners can)

Cons: I'm pretty sure pretty much every piece of advice for this was written under the assumption you could abuse the skill recycle glitch, and I'm not sure some of those clears are even possible anymore. :v:

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Lord_Magmar posted:

They're extending the deadline.

...well.

at least i don't have to worry about it anymore.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Ariamaki posted:

The final stage skill check is adaptive and is always (as far as I've seen) "literally a perfect flip can get this and nothing else can", regardless of who you throw at it.

On my first try none of my sinners could do it. The number was literally always bigger than their biggest possible number, and the percentage chance was listed at 5%.

Switched in Ryoshu specifically because it had a lust advantage that she could hit.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Holy poo poo yeah that boy does not want to touch his S3 with positive sanity. gently caress even his S2 goes down to 0 if he gets all heads.

He'll be pretty useful against any paralysis heavy boss, though.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

GilliamYaeger posted:

It doesn't matter if he has high sanity with his skill 3. Its clash power gets stronger as it loses coins. Even if you have positive Sanity going in, that last coin will always be 18-30. That's basically an EGO. Which, I suppose, is fitting considering its animation.

I mean, that's cool and all but I'd still be hesitant to use it before dumping his sanity. Kinda feels like a waste of all that damage potential to win a clash and hit for 18-30.

That being said though, he is an incredibly strong clasher, huh?

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

staplegun posted:

check your inboxes, 3 more 10 pull compensation tickets, lol. Some sort of dupe railway reward bug this time.

Well I don't really understand why we're getting that, but I did pull grippy Sinclair from the first one so I'm not complaining.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

My general thoughts on EGO are that they're probably more worth getting than mediocre identities:
  • You have 5 slots that can be filled, so it's probably worthwhile to fill those up even with niche EGOs. Might come in handy, in some small way.
  • They're probably less likely to get powercrept. A ton of EGOs right now are useful because they support powerful identities (thinking about stuff like Don Telepole and Bodysack), so there's always a chance a mediocre EGO becomes great with the right identity, and for future EGOs I would not be surprised if the really powerful stuff gets relegated to WAW and ALEPH.
  • Given how the gacha actually works, the more EGOs you have the more likely you are to get the ones you want in the future. Alternatively you can increase your OOO pull rate once you have all of them, but I don't know how easy it'll be to maintain that.
So yeah basically I think if you have leftover shards start getting some EGOs.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I mean you lose half your boxes on season switch, right? That's reason enough to get the EGOs imo.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

God I love Chef Ryoshu. I know she's not quite as good as like R Heath or W Don, but holy poo poo does she drop some crazy damage when your enemies are low on health

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Wait, is "Targets unit with the most HP" based on percentage or the raw number? If it's the number then this is like, possibly the safest corrosion in the game, it'll only start missing bosses when they're basically dead.

Also I do like seeing some rupture support, depending on how much dimensional rift you get off these rupture might actually be a thing now.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Saigyouji posted:

Right now, it's apparently exclusively KQE-1J-23.

Oh really? I assumed that YWTGB?H? would count as well.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

So there's a whole lot of variables to Railway that makes it hard to recommend a braindead strategy, but I will say that a lot of fights generally boil down to "use 1-3 of the best damage dealers (R Heath, W Don, Tingtang or Kurokumo Hong Lu, probably Chef Ryoshu and N Sinclair as well) and the rest of the slots with useful supports (primarily N Faust and Seven Section Outis), and just try to constantly hit weakness".

For something a little more involved, this spreadsheet is really, really good. Features a lot of talk about what characters are good, when and where to use them, and general strategy for every fight (as well as some par times to try and hit). It was written before Chef Ryoshu and N Sinclair came out, to be fair, but they're worthwhile additions due to the crazy damage they can add.

Oh, and of course remember that you can always borrow a sinner from a friend, assuming you don't already have all the OP ones.

Arzaac fucked around with this message at 21:10 on May 17, 2023

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Fragility should be an extra 10% damage taken per stack.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I spent the last of my tickets on the banner for a total of 30 pulls. No EGOs, but I did grab W Don so I'd call that a win!

I'm sitting on about 7000 lunacy, not sure if I wanna throw the rest at the banner or simply wait and see how far my remaining boxes get me.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

One of my favorite things about this game is legitimately just seeing what weird and hosed up thing Gregor's arm will turn into next. :allears:

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

It looks to me like a "hits all enemies AoE", the umbrellas dropped on the party as a justification for why your sinners don't get hit.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I don't mind the Mirror Dungeons getting more difficult but I was honestly hoping they'd get shorter, not longer

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Kinda curious if theme teams like that are gonna end up worth it in the future. At least as far as railways goes, it really seemed like the dominant strategy was just running the top tier DPS and backing them up with some damage support.

At least the core of this team is what, Rodion, Meursault, and Ishmael? Those 3 don't really have any overpowered identities so you could slot them in a Railway Run without stepping on the toes of a strong DPS team, and there might be a station where they're useful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Yeah, I didn't bring up Don and Sinclair because the opportunity cost there is not running Warp Don and N Sinclair. :v: