Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

watchedclock
Mar 23, 2023
Any ideas about what the golden boughs actually do/are for?

Allegedly they’re the secret behind how lobcorp was able to get energy from abnormalities, and we see in the dungeons that they resonate with the sinners somehow, which is clearly by design; our 12 sinners seem to have been handpicked to have traumatic backstories that will react with the boughs. It seems like the effect doesn’t kick in until the lower floors of each canto’s dungeon though, so my theory is that the golden boughs were causing some sort of weaker resonance with the agents who worked on the abnormalities, and this somehow generated the energy reaction. So maybe that’s why they needed to have humans do the works.

Also I read Leviathan after finishing Canto 3, and drat, Vergilus cannot catch a break.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

watchedclock
Mar 23, 2023
Started playing the hell’s chicken event. Moral of the story: never eat anything in the City

watchedclock
Mar 23, 2023
At least on iOS, dungeon 1 and the last story battle aren’t applying the bonuses right; you only get the base 40/16 plushies on replay. I wasn’t paying attention in the earlier stages/the first go-around, so it could also be bugged there too. :lobcorp: I guess

Edit: so, since the rewards page specifies that eunbong’s chicken isn’t made from k corp’s singularity, we can probably assume other chicken/foodstuffs is. Given the general trend of how singularities seem to work, I can only assume bodhisattva chicken is people.

watchedclock fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Apr 20, 2023

watchedclock
Mar 23, 2023

Quackles posted:

I'm told it's 40, and no bonus of any kind is applied:

Turns out I was just wrong about the base values for the story battles and easy dungeon; the math happened to match up too well so I thought it was a bug but it’s not. After poking around reddit a bit, I think the base plushie number for the easy dungeon is 25 and the base number for the story battles is 10. So it’s just that the hard dungeon is way more efficient.

Edit:

Junpei posted:

New schedule: new IDs and EGO this month. May has a new mini-event, Roll Call, with new IDs and Dante's Notes dropping then, too. June's when we're getting Chapter 4, along with a new Battle Pass and harder Mirror Dungeon.

Looks like it’s Yi Sang on the s2 battle pass. Any idea what abnormality the ego will be from? I think those green things might be umbrellas, so maybe the fox from the mirror dungeons?

watchedclock fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Apr 21, 2023

watchedclock
Mar 23, 2023
Since the LCD exists, I wonder if Iori got her funding after all, or if someone else is heading that up. Assuming it’s the former, must be awkward if she and Vergilus ever bump into each other at the office.

Yinlock posted:

Umbrellas also bring to mind Black Swan, if they're sticking with the classic abno theme

Black Swan would be cool; that would give us our first WAW ego

watchedclock
Mar 23, 2023
One interesting thing I noticed while rewatching some old cutscenes. Faust says the reason the ch1 abnormalities were so weak was because of the qliphoth deterrence, and that the deterrence will become weaker as we collect more golden boughs. So far the known abilities of the golden boughs seem to be:

1. Qliphoth deterrance (when attached to a lobcorp office? maybe somehow the network of branch offices all work together to power the qd overall?)
2. Letting dante understand what distortions are saying
3. Visualizing scenes from a resonating sinner’s past/mind
4. Physical transformation (kromer)

watchedclock fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Apr 22, 2023

watchedclock
Mar 23, 2023

Quackles posted:

It's worth noting that the physical transformation was into a Distortion.

Which absolutely makes sense, since the Boughs are presumably Carmen-elemental.

I wonder what part of carmen they are if that’s what they are. We know her nervous system was in that tank in HQ and her consciousness seems to be hanging around in the light. I mean, I guess the golden boughs could still just be the light again, but it kind of seems like the boughs were around before white nights/dark days if they’re responsible for QD

watchedclock
Mar 23, 2023

Theantero posted:

That's LCCA, or Limbus Company Clearence After (as opposed to LCCB, their Before team). No LCA that we know of yet, though one might exist.

The LCA shows up in the last chapter of Leviathan to recruit Vergilius. Maybe it stands for acquisition?

watchedclock
Mar 23, 2023

Junpei posted:

I think our new Sinclair ID might be this bit we saw in Kromer's... delusion? vision of an alternate future?

According to Faust’s n-corp uptie story, she saw sinclair in the glass window, which was the thing Gubo + co were working on in the n-corp lab in Leviathan. So it’s likely that Kromer also looked through the window, and that’s where she saw this

watchedclock
Mar 23, 2023

Lunatic 0verlord posted:

You know, I'd like to say something I should've said around 27 days ago:

With the April Fools special we now know who is Limbus Company's Poster Girl.

It will haunt us for the rest of our days.

If you’re a coward and a fool, sure. I always knew Vergil was best girl.

watchedclock
Mar 23, 2023

Verant posted:

"Please let this be a normal mission!"
"With the Red Gaze?"
"NO WAY!"

Cruising down the Backstreets,
you're relaxed and feeling good~

Yeah!

Next thing that you know, you're seein'...

Vroom-vroom!

A white whale in the neighborhood?

watchedclock
Mar 23, 2023
Sigh. 4 10-pulls and no Nclair. Ah well, we should have enough maintenance and mirror dungeon lunacy + whatever we get from the mini-event this month for a few more attempts, and if it comes to it, I should have enough egoshard crates to get him from the vending machine.

watchedclock
Mar 23, 2023

Google Jeb Bush posted:

I'm kinda assuming you mean beard but this is a Project Moon game so i can't actually be sure

Yeah, you know, his bear-brand beard.

watchedclock
Mar 23, 2023
Man, so Limbus Company really stole the Index’s whole corridor, huh. Can’t have poo poo in the City.

(yeah, yeah, I know more than one of these things probably exists)

watchedclock
Mar 23, 2023

Google Jeb Bush posted:

plus Charon, who is female, and vergilius, who is a horse

Don’t forget Dante, who is a clock

watchedclock
Mar 23, 2023

Endorph posted:

also, no more grinding egoshards off mirror dungeons in general

Seems you can still grind from BP leveling from the mirror dungeon, you just don’t get boxes on the first few clears per week anymore

watchedclock
Mar 23, 2023

TeeQueue posted:

The main change to player economy is the MD change at the first month in, and that's giving us More Experience.

A lot more. Starting 6/29, we'll be getting 22.5 levels in a week if we can chain 3 Hard MD 2s successfully, and further runs are 5 modules for 3 BP levels. Paid battle pass havers are eating good. We'll need more Egoshards to get T4 poo poo unlocked, but as long as they're much (much) lower than the current thread numbers thrown around that shouldn't be a big deal. If T4 egoshard prices are huge, then things get a lot rougher on everyone trying to really wreck endgame.

Interesting; at that rate, as long as you can clear MD2, and as long as you’re not missing any season 1 things from the dispenser, you’d do better to wait until the new MD comes out than grind now, even with the shard loss from season change conversion, right?

watchedclock
Mar 23, 2023

Junpei posted:

I'm still annoyed that they skipped a Yi Sang/Ishmael banner.

Would you say it’s…not ideal?

watchedclock
Mar 23, 2023

Yinlock posted:

anyway Heathcliff without ammo will be pretty novel

That’s just every Heathcliff after 3 turns

watchedclock
Mar 23, 2023

TeeQueue posted:

Hey guys, time for TQ to do another math as I try to figure optimal farm strats.

Sounds great; as a bonus, if you keep it up for a whole season, you’ll get to meet Carmen irl

watchedclock
Mar 23, 2023

YES bread posted:

this is canon, and equally true is that yi sang is gubo's wife

watchedclock
Mar 23, 2023

Venuz Patrol posted:

in retrospect, when they announced they were making limbus company so they could fund larger games i guess this all was part and parcel with it

“We at Project Moon are excited to announce we’ve created the Torment Nexus, from the hit indie game “Don’t Create the Torment Nexus”

watchedclock
Mar 23, 2023

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

You also want to break its head ASAP to reduce the Protection it gains and letting you unload their sin weakness with any weapon type. Applies to most fights in truth.

Also finally realized why Centipide is so awful: the loving UI hides the self-charge in combat when it gains it ON combat. So you basically wanna make sure you kill it AFTER you clash with his every skill because otherwise he will cancel them, and double his not visible self-charge. And since Self-charge is neutral at best for him (you have to win every clash if you want him to stay at 0) it's very easy to end up with "oops you killed him first clash so he has 6 self charge. have fun removing the now 12 in the next 4 turns!". Worse is when you want to clash his big skill after you make him lose charge but oops, too fast and also Rodion is attracting all attacks because Aggro, gently caress you.

I find that Crow’s Eye View is really valuable in this fight; there’s like two specific turns when I usually find myself getting outsped and using it the turn before guarentees I can clash the next turn. You could do the inverse with Chains of Others too, but I prefer bringing Yi Sang to Mersault

watchedclock
Mar 23, 2023

PetraCore posted:

Does anyone else get a little frustrated with how often the fandom misgenders Dante? Not, like... obviously, Dante is a fictional character, and I'm sure a lot of the people doing it honestly don't realize that other characters in Limbus never use he/him for them and always use they/them, but that's kind of the thing that frustrates me. Like, Dante is a masculine name and I'd say their body type is generally read as masculine and then a bunch of people never look past that despite the actual textual pronouns used for them, despite a lot of actual nb people not presenting perfectly androgynously.

Yeah, it really annoys me too. Originally I was like, “well, they’re the player viewpoint character in a gacha game, it’s normal for people to project their own gender onto them” but after reading a few too many asinine takes about how Dante is totally actually he/him and everyone just uses they/them pronouns for them because they don’t remember their past/for player immersion/blah blah blah I just get closer and closer to distorting every time I see them referred to with he/him.

watchedclock
Mar 23, 2023
Honestly I had way more trouble with the second to last fight than the last one (both pre-nerf)

watchedclock
Mar 23, 2023
Sharded regretsault and got all the current wpn stuff in two 10-pulls. Der Shooty Outis is so fun, magic bullet fire go brrr

watchedclock
Mar 23, 2023
Honestly that was much less painful than the other two. The rest stops make it a lot more relaxed imo, though I never swapped out any units. Got exactly 100 turns my first run through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

watchedclock
Mar 23, 2023
Hmm, Heathcliff is remarkably well-adjusted this canto, but anyone else hear those distorted sound effects start up in some of his dialogue when he gets upset? Methinks he’s one or two really bad revelations from a conversation with Carmen