Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Numbus26
Jun 23, 2023

GilliamYaeger posted:

Regardless, I think we can all agree that this new system is way better than the old one. Now you can actually use the numbers the game shows to you to determine how good a skill actually is, rather than having to pull out a calculator to compare the effectiveness of RHeath's Quick Suppression and LCCBIsh's Suppress against a value you don't even know - I'm going to guess that nobody in this thread will be able to recall the offence and defence levels of the enemies in Canto 4 off the top of their head. Now you can just measure them against a hypothetical +0 skill (or +0 defence) and get the expected results for a hypothetical clash.

Actually, all the offense and defense levels are right there whenever you clash. While we do all agree that the new system is better, and allows for offense/defense level down to be much more useful, claiming the old system was calculator-level complicated just isn't true when the values are plainly presented like this.

(My apologies if I'm doing some part of this wrong, I'm still very new here).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Numbus26
Jun 23, 2023
I have never hated the Empowered Class 3 Staff more than being stuck repeating an elite node with three of them murdering my entire team over and over with their +5 power for twenty minutes straight.

I think I might be bad at this game, you guys.

Numbus26 fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Jul 13, 2023

Numbus26
Jun 23, 2023

L.U.I.G.I posted:

Can someone explain to me how the Offense/Defense stat works?

Yeah, it's actually pretty simple. Currently, every difference of 5 in offense levels during a clash(or when clashing against a Counter skill), gives you 1 extra power in the clash. When clashing a defensive skill, the Defense stat is used instead. After the update, they're consolidating numbers like what was said above, and the interval is gonna move to every 3 levels instead of 5. Outside of the clashing phase, every interval gives an extra +3% damage, or at least that's what I've been told.

Numbus26
Jun 23, 2023
I think I might have finally found something in season 2 worth sharding for in this event. You can't drop Magical Shrimp Hong Lu(especially with that corrosion of all the shrimp panicking) and not get it no matter the cost.

Numbus26
Jun 23, 2023
Oh wow, five new pages of discussion, I wonder if we got cool news about the even—Oh.

Well, I'm not gonna claim to be educated on any of this, but it feels like this situation has no winners. Bad times all around. Hope things get better, I guess.

Numbus26
Jun 23, 2023
Feels a bit weird people saying "well okay guess I'm dropping project moon stuff" and then continuing to post in the thread.

Numbus26
Jun 23, 2023
I like the change to the brightness(saturation? i'm stupid and don't know anything about art) of the skill icons. Disappointed at the change to the sanity display but it makes sense to make it more readable for the mobile players.

Numbus26
Jun 23, 2023

TeeQueue posted:

Her S3 makes me dizzy.

This is the sole reason why I don't plan on using that ID outside of the event. It just screws with my brain.

Numbus26
Jun 23, 2023

GilliamYaeger posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JRvtsDANLw

000 W Corp Ryoshu and 00 W Corp Hong Lu.

I wonder what terrible and tragic event caused Ryoshu to get into e-cigarettes.

Numbus26
Jun 23, 2023
can't believe that gacha games single-handedly caused every problem humanity has ever encountered ever since leaving the forests of africa
smh my head, why would project moon be so irresponsible to spread this hazard in pursuit of petty capital

Numbus26
Jun 23, 2023
Super glad I both can't read Korean and don't have a twitter account. Ignorance really is bliss.

Numbus26
Jun 23, 2023
I absolutely cannot believe that we had *weeks* of this drama leading up to absolutely nothing, this is simultaneously the best and worst possible result

Numbus26
Jun 23, 2023
I only did four cycles because I couldn't handle the lifting robot becoming immune to everything with like two thousand health left. Also, I tried to do a strictly Charge team and that was a mistake. The concept of doing it again to get to five cycles is just so tiresome that I don't think I'm going to ever try it again.

Numbus26
Jun 23, 2023
Man, I really wanna see the uptie story for that Regret E.G.O. identity.

Numbus26
Jun 23, 2023

KobunFan posted:

The only one that doesn't make sense to me is Heathcliff's lack of Pride. The others I could totally buy.

It makes sense to me. Heathcliff doesn't pretend to be anything he's not—hell, in Canto 3 we had that whole scene where Ishmael gets lectured for pretending to know what's going on while Heath didn't. He may want power and money, but only for the sake of getting back at… whatever the hell happened to get him to that funeral.

Numbus26
Jun 23, 2023
Regret is insane, it seems. Bound Wrath is excellent on anything multi-coin, and at Uptie 4 it destroys any consequences for using Chains of Others so long as you have the resources.

Numbus26
Jun 23, 2023

Arcanuse posted:

Chapter 5 trailer up. Don't recognize Ryoshu's ego, here. Looks familiar though? hm.

Isn't that an LCCB uniform? It comes up in the same section as the flashes of Gregor's new pirate fit before the EGO.

Numbus26
Jun 23, 2023
Whew, that Looting skill hitting a Rip Space did not go well for me. Gotta pay at least some attention, I guess.

Numbus26
Jun 23, 2023
maybe it's just not being level 40 yet but god drat these new thread luxcavations are tough

Numbus26
Jun 23, 2023

microfolk posted:

I love Don's :3: face in the base art, but I'm not a big fan of how her breasts are accentuated in the upgraded art. Limbus has been pretty good thus far but some artworks definitely feel more sexualized than they have ever been in the previous games.

Personally I think the art is weirder because the style makes it look like they pasted her head on somebody else's body. Real Ruina vibes.

Numbus26
Jun 23, 2023
My current theory in regards to what we've seen so far: The clear implication is that the Whales and Mermaids are the result of using the resonance tuning forks on animals and people, or at least a similar effect. But it seems reasonable to assume that, given the whaling themes on display at the port and the fact that it's drawn from Moby Dick that the opposite is true, and that resonance tuning forks are themselves created from the Whales somehow, probably from their bones? The doubt I have from that is how the pirates are already making tons of stuff out of whale products, but it seems likely that there's be some other form of manipulation required to make the resonance forks.

Numbus26
Jun 23, 2023

Lord_Magmar posted:

Ehhhh, it's the same purple glow as the tattoos that Don and Meursault have. I think it's more likely that Telepole/Alleyway Watchdog is inspired by the Middle's effect on the subconscious if there's any connection.

Given the name of the Abnormality and the implications it creates, I could definitely see that.

Numbus26
Jun 23, 2023
So. That Big Brother, huh? I thought I was doing pretty okay with that fight(Okay, Yi Sang might have been dead, but it was all part of my plan), but then…

Numbus26
Jun 23, 2023

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Ended up doing 3 pulls (2 more than I would have liked) but I quickly regained my sanity and just boxed Middle Don. And god the uptie stories. Don really seems to do better the more psycho her organization is (which means the Cinq Association has to be pretty hosed up then).

...also waiting for the shoe to drop on the Middle. The Thumb and the Index both had hosed up stuff for its members (nasty punishments for minor offenses and having to follow senseless orders as well) but it seems if you join the Middle you get parties and people who will cause mass murder if they hurt you and anyone related to you. (Also lmao that making the Big Brother sigh is a bigger offense than insulting his hair).

I think we've already seen the 'negative consequences' of the Middle. Namely with Roland—from what we know now it seems a lot less like he indiscriminately slaughtered the entire Middle forces in his area and more like they were forced by the rules of their own organization to keep throwing themselves at him for 'vengeance' until there weren't any of them left.

Numbus26
Jun 23, 2023
Every time I try hard content I get reminded I'm really bad at this game. I spent like 15 rounds on the T corp guys fight, which is hell when they get any amount of sanity because then they steamroll me.

Numbus26
Jun 23, 2023

RandomReader posted:

https://youtu.be/TsZ56nSxE4I

Christmas promo dropped and it's something all right.

I quite enjoy Heathcliff's new EGO being a Zayin if only because now he gets a choice whether to throw around a Christmas-themed sack or a corpse-filled one

Numbus26
Jun 23, 2023

Junpei posted:

Is it already time for the next Walpurgis Night?

I'm glad Project Moon is aware of the universal experience of "equip agent with Der Freischutz gear, send them with department to clean up ordeal, wonder where the rest of the department went".

Numbus26
Jun 23, 2023

GilliamYaeger posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK8Ziib6d48

Deici Yi Sang and Hong Lu.

Hong Lu has a keyblade.

So it seems that the Dieci get their strength from 'burning' knowledge, but it's not a permanent loss, as they can just 're-learn' whatever book they punched a guy with. They also have some kind of 'cap' to this knowledge, which doesn't really go with the typical understanding of learning. I'm sure there's more to it than that, since unless this stuff requires invasive surgery or Singularity tech, it feels far too simple to just exchange books for power.

Numbus26 fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Jan 19, 2024

Numbus26
Jun 23, 2023
Finally, I can take vengeance on Gossypium for eating my rare md3h event slots.

Numbus26
Jun 23, 2023

Junpei posted:

Given the art, I actually don't think this is Gasharpoon Ishmael given it has her looking perfectly normal with no affected arm. Might just be Pequod Captain Ishmael

I do agree with you, but if she's hunting the Crimson Whale in this mirror world she wouldn't have the stuff on her, right? Since the IDs we're getting are Pequod Crew, not Pequod Town.

Numbus26
Jun 23, 2023

microfolk posted:

Oh how I wish that Ppodae could be the Pikachu, but I guess that donor abnormalities will never come up again? Or did I miss any of them in Ruina/Limbus?

Steam Machine from RR2 and its gift Nixie Divergence is a pretty clear reference to Backwards Clock, but that's the only one we have iirc.

Numbus26
Jun 23, 2023
Four IDs for this event, huh? That's surprising. And I didn't expect the sword hobos to be tied to S Corp.

Numbus26
Jun 23, 2023

L.U.I.G.I posted:

I also have this theory that Dante was in Dieci and they used their technique of erasing their entire memory to gain power to boot up the clock, leading to the Dante we see in the Prologue/Canto 1. Then again, we could consider Sinner to be in a timeloop since death doesn't matter (But their action does, which depart from the usual timeloop shenanigans)

See, I don't think that's true. The start of Lament has some very obvious imagery—stealing the 'regretter's friend'(fruit) from the 'tree's hands'(Carmen), he 'swallowed time' and gained his clockface powers. This was clearly in service to a greater plan probably involving his 'star', but the act of eating the fruit caused his memory loss and semi-distortion/E.G.O awakening, "becoming the 'me' you despised". I have a pet theory from this that Dante's old self was actually a prominent Wing employee who had significant beef with the release of the Light, but that feels a bit too much like a Roland retread.

Numbus26
Jun 23, 2023
I was wondering how feasible it would be to lose clashes with Yield My Flesh when I figured out that Meursault conveniently comes packaged with a way to reduce the power of his attacks, making him even better than I originally thought.

Numbus26
Jun 23, 2023
So I think I'm really bad at Mirror Dungeons, because I spent like an hour trapped in a Faelantern fight before realizing I was making exactly zero progress with my Sinking team since it's literally impossible to stack status on that thing. I feel like there had to be a win in there but I couldn't figure it out, even popping EGO every single turn as much as possible wasn't able to outheal its healing from the fairy mode.

Numbus26
Jun 23, 2023

DuoRogue posted:

did you pick headstrong

i did not
i only picked the normal buffs like "+1 base power +3 defense level +15% max hp"

Numbus26
Jun 23, 2023
I have absolutely zero XP tickets after using my free Railway 40, so I have to go into the event with a scuffed level lineup of 34/30/40/39/35/40. I sincerely hope things don't get too hard.

Numbus26
Jun 23, 2023
The ending of the event is kind of funny the way Dante's monologue all but directly states "Hey, the story of the game is only just getting started." I do wonder where we go after all the sinners have had a go at a Bough, though.

Numbus26
Jun 23, 2023
honestly still frothing at the mouth for that pitched idea from like two years ago now that was some sort of city builder game, I would *love* to see what Project Moon's take on Cities Skylines would be and how absolutely terrible everything would be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Numbus26
Jun 23, 2023
Definitely the worst part of the Charge team in md3h is Ishmael going "guheh" four times in a row every single fight.