Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
whos worse
george bush jr
trump
obama
View Results

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
Voted Bush, even if he would probably have handled corona better than either Trump or Obama.

Dustcat posted:

i'm clearly swimming against the current here, but i'm gonna say that the president who doesn't give a single poo poo about the country and only cares about enriching himself and gaining unearned adulation is the worse president, even if he hasn't killed as many people as of yet

the president who is incapable of even understanding domestic or foreign policy is the worse president

the president who is deliberately and openly destroying what's left of american democratic institutions is the worse president

the president who takes foreign orders is the worse president
All presidents take foreign orders, the only difference is who they're listening to. At least Trump hasn't been dragged into a war with Iran, which if we're gonna be talking hypothetical "Other presidents would've handled corona better" absolutely needs to be taken into account. An occupation of Iran + corona might have resulted in the selection pressures that turned the Spanish Flu into the killer it ended up becoming, which translated into modern numbers would be the equivalent of all of South America dying if you go with the higher estimates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Dustcat posted:

hillary wouldn't have called it the republicans' latest hoax, nor would she have defunded the pandemic team, nor would she have put jared kushner in charge of the response, nor would she have made insane claims about miracle drugs, nor would she have fired competent people who contradicted her insane claims

like, you can say both parties are the same if you mean that both are corrupt and self serving and beholden to capital, but one being completely unhinged from reality is an important difference between them
The unhinged people still affect the world when their president is not in the white house. Hell, and this was the point of that post, they might even be even more resistant to the "democrat hoax" if it's the Killary in the white house trying to tyranically prevent them from getting a haircut in Applebees. I'd frankly assume they'd have overthrown one or more democratic governors at this point.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

BeefThief posted:

No but there definitely was going to be war somewhere. You think Al Gore would have stood up to the forces of the MIC? I'm also not saying the wars were a good thing in any way, just that it was pretty much inevitable.

e: this precludes the fact the bush did 9/11, so maybe if Al Gore were president it wouldn't have even happened. All other things held constant though there was gonna be war
There was a war in Afghanistan. Iraq was a new war.

Stringent posted:

Trump managed to do it.
Only Trump could decide that foreigners dying was bad.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Peanut President posted:

whats this referring to
Chelsea Manning I assume is one of them.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Orange Devil posted:

Trump calling off strikes on Iran due to proportionality and civilian casualties is, and I cannot stress this enough, loving UNPRECEDENTED in like 40+ years of US foreign policy?
I wonder where it puts him relative to NATO leaders in general during the same period, or more narrowly, post-9/11 leaders. Like, he has to be in the better half in terms of personal foreign policy for post-9/11 leaders, he's just handicapped by being at the head of the empire while all the minor shitheads don't have the ability to start poo poo.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

fart simpson posted:

if fauci didn’t lie about mask effectiveness in the beginning it wouldn’t have become such a political issue

fart simpson posted:

and he woulda done that under clinton too
Fauci under Clinton: "Don't wear masks"
Half the country: "Fukc you, I'm not gonna let you white genocide me Killary" *Buys literally every type of PPE around until there's nothing left for medical personel*

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Stringent posted:

i categorically refuse to find out what this is
How are you going be able to have an informed opinion for the 'whos worse. obama or west.' thread with this attitude?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

docbeard posted:

Well, Trump's reaction to the actual 9/11 was to brag that he had the tallest building in New York now, so probably both.
In the reality where Trump won the 2000 election, 9/11 was an insurance scam which Trump used to get a huge payout and then had the public pay for Trump Tower Two, the tallest building in the world. There was no war on Afghanistan because it'd distract people from Trump rallies.