Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Coffee?
This poll is closed.
Yay! 54 34.39%
Nay. 43 27.39%
O-kay? 24 15.29%
Whatever. 36 22.93%
Total: 157 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Congrats everyone we made it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

IKTF

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The only love triangles I've seen work out are the ones that end in OT3s or that make the unlucky third wheel the best and most beloved member of the cast.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I, hm.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

quote:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Shy's real good and hope it continues

:hai:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I started rewatching Princess Principal last night and its first episode was better-produced than I remembered - and I remembered it being pretty well produced. Aside from the the main character's spy outfit being too silly, the character designs are really great and the BG work and composite do a great job of establishing atmosphere and making what might have been some rote steampunk environmental storytelling really sing.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

what a good doog

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

gruggshfldjhgld

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

blarghle

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Gridman owns, LWA and Brand New Animal range from decent to great, and Promare is fun and stylish. These are the extent of my Trigger thoughts.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Eh, the ending had some problems - mostly some very muddled metaphors - but I don't know that I'd describe it as "unsatisfying."

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Boku no anima-I mean Brand New Animal

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The P5 anime *does* have a sick-rear end OP by the same guy who did the best Yama No Susume OP, so it at least has that going for it

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

verbal enema posted:

I'm 31 today

Happy 31

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I wanted A Tropical Fish Yearns For Snow to get animated, but the mangaka mentioned in a stream that she doesn't want one :negative:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

groooooooooooooooooooooooovin' maagic

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Gunbuster's ending is better executed, Diebuster is more interesting throughout IMO

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Best year in anime since I started watching seasonals mid-2016 and I don't think it's even a competition.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I still don't know what this means.

It's an IP where sometimes the writer just goes "I think I'll reimagine this historical figure as a cute anime girl (or an ultra-buff dude (or whatever the hell they feel like writing that day))"

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

*taps mic* Uzaki is boring and talking about Uzaki is also boring

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

........like the institution or the slaves themselves

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

sex

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

TBH with how weird and postmodern Haruhi always was I feel like ever giving it a clear ending might have defied the point anyway

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I never read We Never Learn but I do kinda respect the meta-chutzpah of the author just going "well poo poo it's my story and I can write/draw whatever I want, so I'm just gonna write every possible variation of the ending until I get bored"

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I've watched some Korone highlights and they made me happy IMO

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I wonder if Sakuga-sama is friends with Sasuga-san

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I thought Michiru and Nazuna were cute

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

That's a very Aoba way to flirt

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Furnaceface posted:

Its also only available to people living in the USA. :argh:

Careful, you're starting to sound like a colonizer

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I don't really have strong expectations of Dynazenon back, other than that its storyboards will probably be dope as hell - I adored Gridman's and the director and staff appear to be essentially unchanged. Really curious to see how/if it plays off of Gridman, because while there's definitely some cool stuff they could do, I also feel like there's some real landmines they could step on if they try to add to much to what I thought was a pretty good and definitive ending back in Gridman.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

"eehhhhhnnnngh"

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I don't watch Vtubers a lot but what I've seen of Korone and Pekora et all makes them look really sweet and it's a huge bummer to think they're in any extent beholden to this creepy controlling pseudo-idol bullshit.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Yeah, I wasn't talking so much about this incident specifically so much as just general stuff I'd heard about fans kind of imposing idol-esque purity culture poo poo on the vtubers and Cover managing that harassment just as poorly - though in fairness I haven't followed the day-to-day drama that closely.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Motto posted:

https://twitter.com/ultimatemegax/status/1300267501171900416?s=19

e: actually it's just compiling existing shorts from other sources plus one original section, lol

wha-*fake edit* oh

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

same

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

:same:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

NENE QUEST is really upping the difficulty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/RanobeSugoi/status/1303952951233323008

Looking forward to this one.