Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Coffee?
This poll is closed.
Yay! 54 34.39%
Nay. 43 27.39%
O-kay? 24 15.29%
Whatever. 36 22.93%
Total: 157 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

oh right, a new chat thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

this is how i read all my mangas

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Namtab posted:

Ive decided that we need a new backronym. Don't let me down.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

you have to guess what the a stands for though

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

yeah it's way more about the societal structure/revolution at the school and the various characters' relation to that stuff

some games are good enough and others like the idol contest stuff is pretty whatever, but it's still a very good show

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

we're going to get a switch for it

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i like the one on the right

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i stan tomino for the part of victory that's like "idpol is bs"

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's also good

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

speed racer
|
all the other anime you see on tv as a kid born in the 90s
|
finding out about torrents and fansubs in the early 2000s, gradually moving from naruto/bleach/d.gray man (because dattebayo and black order were the first subgroups i got into) to seasonals in like 2007

i feel like i have said the story too many times so now it's brief

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

from the standpoint of wanting the characters' actions to make some tangible impact on wider society, it's a bit disappointing

but it delivers on an ending that works for the characters and doesn't retread AnJ just because it was created in commemoration of it :shrug:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Truga posted:

i have no idea how much into specifics drama cd gets, but my opinion on just "dog god spirit rescues girl, when she grows up they do the happily ever after" is "it's dumb mythology bullshit"

it's crap you could probably lift from a thousand different fairy tale/mythology collections around the world :v:

it definitely takes influence from hakkenden and that starts with a woman being betrothed to a dog, having an immaculate conception, and then releasing eight magic beads as she dies

so you get dog demons and the shikon jewel from that at the least, dunno much else about inuyasha to tie the two though

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i don't plan to read the 10-chapter manga adaptation of brigadoon but it sure seems to have a better ending than the tv series

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

The Colonel posted:

the author of it also has done yuri manga so i'm prepared to call them epic

it leaves the door open for marin to date her lesbian friend rather than a robot so i would agree with this assessment

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i had to watch brigadoon first, now someday these files of ggg and final and betterman can be watched (in that order)

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i cannot trust a sentai disc

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

somehow still in the top 10, geez

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i didn't watch the second half of gurenn lagann because it seemed worse, but someday...

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Julias posted:

This is hosed up. Viral is the best character:cry:

he was my favorite, i was also just a teen and very annoyed by timeskip rossiu and not caring about nia at all

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

his pixiv profile is linked in his twitter bio

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

honestly the style of the 3dcg is unsettling enough i did not really want to look at it any more than i did

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

yeah i would say this makes me shrug unless there's more to it, two of his several hundred pixiv follows have some creepy art

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

they were referring to gonzo original IP, not adaptations

i'm not gonna sift through a bunch of shows i heard about once more than a decade ago and never again for a quality assessment, but yeah saying anything against their adaptations would be stupid

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

though the currently active kaleido star stream has had very little good to say about it so that's one off the list

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

GorfZaplen posted:

The original post in question didn't mention anything about original ip?

yeah, it was a follow-up

The Black Stones posted:

Gonzo’s hit to miss ratio is way more miss, and it gets way way worse when you take out adaptations. Especially when their adaptations are taken out of the picture there’s almost nothing I’d say gets past the range of “good” even the stuff I have a soft spot for like Solty Rei or Speed Grapher. Maybe Last Exile.

So maybe I should have clarified that it’s a Gonzo original where their track record is definitely awful.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

to some degree i'm sure consumption matters. its def muddied by the shaft exodus now, but davidpro i feel has fairly recognizable style when it comes to their effects animation. similarly you can see through-lines on toei stuff due to shared staff or animation/production techniques that spread to other shows.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

oh wait nobody said gohands lmao

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

there's background for the thread title now, cool

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i want to rewatch the idepon eps after i finish ideon

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

makima is not a friend

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the first arc of miracle examiner is good pulpy stuff, and some of the one-off episodes are also good. just the later arcs definitely feel like diminishing returns on trying to have stuff as outrageous as the first arc. and it's definitely an incomplete adaptation

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i think having some experimental failures/"failures" can make things interesting in terms of like, a whole career

though mostly i just see the things i liked about shows like brain powerd and having those is enough for me even if they come with all the parts that don't work

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

yeah from the new world was the first thing i thought of

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the people love mordred

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

golden kamuy is huge, time to capitalize on it and have noda reboot supinamarada for a multimedia push

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

unlike sailor moon, i haven't heard much/any praise for dbz's filler

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the new animation in kai is bad, it's just the price you pay for a way to watch the series in reasonable time

that and you lose the original op/eds

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

who cares about groovin magic when hoshikuzu namida is right there

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

phrasing the question so obliquely makes it almost entirely pointless to ask at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Varinn posted:

this seems like a situation where no one with any of the bad opinions is actually posting here. so its just people arguing past each other about a tweet nobody else has seen

well i'm sure they could've/would've been posted here if the initial intent didn't seem to be obfuscating the context enough to get support for what is just the usual stupid puritan poo poo