Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Coffee?
This poll is closed.
Yay! 54 34.39%
Nay. 43 27.39%
O-kay? 24 15.29%
Whatever. 36 22.93%
Total: 157 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

You mean the lady from dota?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Squeenix going to greater and greater lengths to never make a sequel to twewy.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lemon-Lime posted:

Between the Switch release and putting the TWEWY plot into an anime that seems to not be low-effort garbage, I would assume this is the lead-up to a TWEWY 2 announcement.

That's what I thought with the mobile game and ios port!

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I don't like too many of KC's designs, but iowa is cute.

(tenryuu's the best)

RME posted:

i love to play lina slayer in defense of the ancients 2

:yeah:

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This is very disorienting, and I hate it.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I am glad the avatars are back so I no longer need to read ADTRW while weeping and gnashing my teeth.

I mean, I will be anyways, but that's for unrelated reasons.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if adtrw is becoming fyad, does that mean adtrw is the next forum to get closed?

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
took my dog to the vet for a filling for a cavity, he'll be fine but I always get anxious since he hates it. :/

Aurora posted:

sasuke would kick his rear end

nuh-uh devilman would regenerate!!

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Grouchio posted:

No we voted on being colorful not on being 4chan dickwads there's a big difference here.

I could've sworn there was a big thread about how 99% of that stuff was fabricated, but I haven't followed that closely.

Waffleman_ posted:

I for one cannot wait for the maid mods for the remaster.

Wasn't darth maul in the one on the 64? it could happen!

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i've never read azumanga daioh or w/e and I keep meaning to because almost everything I see from it is really funny

DoubleDonut posted:

apologies to anyone who's been enjoying SHY lately. I have also been enjoying it, which means that it will get canceled in a month because it is an action manga

i love shy dfont scare me like that

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What do people think of Muv-Luv around here? I've heard some good things but figured I'd check

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fangz posted:

The visual novel series?

Yeah, the trilogy (I think?) is on sale.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nate RFB posted:

I have mixed feelings on Muv-Luv overall personally, but it is the highest rated VN on vndb for a reason and I think it's undeniable how ambitious it was as a story. It genuinely does some things from a storytelling perspective that I think are kind of amazing and emotionally resonant/affecting in a way that very few VNs get for me at least.

At the same time it is a massive investment of time and a lot of it just isn't that interesting, especially the first two games (though I came to enjoy Extra more as time went on and I reflected back on it, I think it has some pretty good jokes all told). And even when it gets to Alternative there are plenty of choices it makes at times that don't really work for me. I also have vivid memories of the script being, like, kind of bad? Just so many useless lines and repeated canned-like responses that made it feel like you were losing your mind. If you made a drinking game every time Takeru responds with "Eh?" as his sole voiced line you'd be dead an hour into Alternative.

That's unfortunate, but I think I'll give it a shot.

https://mangadex.org/chapter/955728

also, what a cute hilda x marianne doujin

killing cute anime girls... should be illegal.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Jul 10, 2020

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

homeless snail posted:

its okay we're all posting about anime on bread and roses now

good, there weren't enough sex pests running SA anymore for my taste.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just realized the muv-luv bundle I bought was muv-luv, alternative, and.. photonflowers*?

guess I'll refund it and get unlimited or w/e on the next sale.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Motto posted:

Unlimited is just part of the first game. Still refund if you don't want to shell out the extra 20 for the sidegame though.

oh god damnit guess I'm refunding it and waiting for yet another sale. :|

If I really like the series I might buy that back but I don't want to shell out 20 for that yet!

speaking of visual novels:

is fruit of grisaia any good?

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Jul 10, 2020

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Stairmaster posted:

I like hamburgers

I like anime, and video games

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
fruit of grisaia seems alright so far but lol the sex scenes can be extremely out of place.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I liked cardcaptor sakura more than sailor moon tbh.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
watamote has changed so much over it's run it's practically unrecognizable, but in a good way

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you don't need to play chaos;child (or is it chaos;head?) to play steins;gate, right?

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lukako is really cute and I think the mc is in denial about being gay for him

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Colonel posted:

wasn't ruka an option in a recent steins;gate dating game spinoff or something

kind of a cool thing to do

Yes, and I'm 99% sure he's got a paired ending in Steins;gate itself.

The main character is totally insufferable in an entertaining way, everyone else seems alright so far.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Jul 16, 2020

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kirbysuperstar posted:

IIRC Mages teased that they might do CHNoah in English at some point but that was a couple years ago now

also, on the subject of My Darling's Embrace and Luka

so far luka seems pretty cool, and his portrayal has a bit more nuance compared to the usual "Otokonoko" thing where it's more played as a joke instead of either a fondness for crossdressing or an ambiguous gender identity.

I guess say, Astolfo in Apocrypha also had a 'fondness for crossdressing' but he did it explicitly as a joke so :shrug:

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Jul 16, 2020

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
seems like the anime purge is continuing since apparently amazon isn't stocking light novels anymore.

or a bunch of them, at least. elf-san, NGNL, next life as a vilainess, how not to summon a demon lord, etc from what I've heard.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

e: idk why the first thing isn't displaying properly, guess its a phone screenshot issue

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Julias posted:

There was an article posted on Anime News Network about it. It's not the actual physical books being pulled, but several digital versions on kindle that are being delisted/etc. Apparently they don't meet whatever arbitrary standards Kindle's services requires of them (or also possibly, some higher up hates trashy light novels :shrug: )

That really sucks, considering physical shipping costs are so insane.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Motto posted:

Dunno where best to post this in Games, but 13 Sentinels got delayed to Sep 22 and the dub will be in a Day 1 patch instead of coming post-launch.

I'm kinda looking forward to that. Haven't watched any gameplay or anything but I've heard good stuff about it.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
fate/extra isn't that good, but a ccc remake would be cool.

it'd be really funny if they pulled a last encore and made an incomprehensible and bad plot remake though.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zeether posted:

Is there an ADTRW discord, I used to be on the IRC for a while

https://discord.gg/2pYNtX

There's a bunch of people but it's mostly pretty quiet.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

not my kinda thing but hell, I respect it.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Is it possible for both sides to lose a trademark dispute?

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kdltv_CSHE

Tower of God director Takashi Sano did a Rick and Morty short, for some reason.

Droyer posted:

I don't see why that would be the case, when one of them is paying the artists and the other one isn't.

Look I can dream, alright?

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Jul 26, 2020

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Endorph posted:

idk i prefer to take a look at concrete actions (like oda being friends with two convicted pedophiles, as in real kids) not following one shady pixiv account

hold up like the onepiece guy?

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Endorph posted:

this is pure speculation on my part but itd be weird if oda wasnt a factor in the kenshin guy getting back to work at shonen jump so quickly after he was convicted, considering as the One Piece guy hed clearly have a lot of sway and he went out of his way to do interviews with him soon after he was let back into the fold

the tokiko guy on his own is one thing, he was actually out of jump for like a decade, spent a good while in jail, and it was a sting operation so its not like he actually hosed a kid or anything. if hes genuinely apologetic and such and theres no proof of him having ever engaged with an actual child prostitute im fine with him not being punished further. but in concert with the kenshin guy, who wasnt punished at all really, its pretty hosed.

I agree with you for the most part but I don't think trying and failing at a crime is that much better than succeeding, considering the intent was still there.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/Hideki_Naganuma/status/1288515962845581313

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

don't dox me

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Visually speaking I remember the p5 animation being pretty dire. Like the part when Ryuji got his persona looked way better in the game.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lunar detritus posted:

If I played P4G, is it worth it to watch the anime?

Probably not unless you have a lot of free time. there's a couple of ok scenes but that's a pretty low bar to clear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Redline is pretty alright too from what I've read, I think if you like Baccano and Fate you'd like Strange Fake, and I've never read Requiem and I don't think it has an english translation.