Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Kalli posted:

Yeah, they also do a full decade list, which is just so many words about Gronk: https://www.footballoutsiders.com/quick-reads/2020/quick-reads-decade-review-te-totals

But Gates is 5th, despite the 2010's starting in year 8 of his career, and with this note:

Gronkowski's 461 DYAR in 2011 was the best in this or any other decade. The second-best mark of the 2010s was Antonio Gates' 361 in 2010.

Yeah, it's funny just how slow Gates and Witten were in their last years... but still catching stuff, just doing these old man shuffles to pick up 8 yards then going down immediately as someone 12 years younger then them comes screaming at them.

In Witten's last few years before his first retirement, he had a legit distortion field around him like Tom Brady does whenever he scrambles. People would seem to slow down anytime they got near him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Washington Trumps

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Washington Cassowaries

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The Dallas Cowboys are pretty appropriately named for a Texas team.

BASEketball covered some of the more egregious movements of sports teams.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivzrbp_WR8w

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Just change their mascot to andy reid.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The president just tweeted that the names redskins and indians are names of strength and changing them is a sign of concessions to the politically correct.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Grittybeard posted:

This guy couldn't even win in college!

(seriously how did Kliff Kingsbury coach this man and not even manage to make a bowl game his last year in college?)

I haven't verified this but I heard someone on the radio saying you can only spread signing bonuses out for 5 years or something like that.

Texas Tech traditionally has a team that is full of people not good enough to go to OU, UT, or TAMU. Putting up 30+ ppg doesn’t matter if your defense gives up more. Also, Mahomes still set NCAA records and had one of the most incredible games of college football in a losing effort against the Baker Mayfield led Sooners.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

52-88, 734 YDS, 5 TD, 1 INT

That is an insane stat line and he lost that game.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

D-LINK posted:

1 player : 25% of the cap

He's not 25% of the cap or even 20% of the cap. Through 2024 he's not larger than 17.6% of the cap and that drops down. His contract is extremely cap friendly outside of 2027 really.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

sean10mm posted:

Wait, so apparently the Mahomes megadeal only actually has $63m fully guaranteed at signing? LOLWUT

He has $63 million guaranteed at signing with $140m injury guarantee. Worst case scenario he’s bringing home that $140m.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

tarbrush posted:

Yeah, it seems a less than optimal contract, given that the Chiefs can keep him for his entire career if they want. If the cap skyrockets or he stays MVP level for 10 years, he's locked in with almost no leverage to get out or get a raise. The moment the cap drops, his performance drops or whatever, the Chiefs can opt out, pay 1 year of cap pain and be done with him.

For this reason, I don't think it's that helpful for Dak or Watson. The Cowboys and Texans will just point to all the opt outs and limited guarantees and try to hide all the meaningful money behind team options

It's a really good contract for all parties, imo. The chiefs have a cap friendly deal with potentially the GOAT through 2031. The first three years are the only guarantee (which is the $63m), but the contract isn't one that is going to need renegotiation before 2027 really. After 2023 is the only time I could see Patrick getting cut is if he flames out (not likely). After that his deal is super capfriendly (besides 2027) but he will be getting paid annually in the top 5 of QBs.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Andy and Pat gonna set some loving records.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The Juggernaut posted:

So Patrick Mahomes is going to blow out his ACL in game one and have to retire.

If he does, he takes home $140m insurance payment and teaches kids how to throw the rest of his life.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

So here's what's going on. Dunbar hired a new attorney. That's what the stipulation for substitution of counsel is all about. That's a procedural thing that has to happen when switching attorneys.

The latter half is a discovery request. That's pretty standard as the prosecution is obligated to provide everything they have including exculpatory information.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

SKULL.GIF posted:

"Our sponsors, fans and community"

In that order

The second and third have tried to get Snyder to change the name for years. The first is the only group with the power to do so.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Thaddius the Large posted:

Wasn’t it the Sandusky thread that coined “there’s always more, and it’s always worse”

I believe so, yeah.

Does deputy donut still have his badge?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Tom Sellout posted:

Ths sheer brilliance of DeMarcus Ware was a sight to behold. He had a knack for making huge plays on third downs and late in games that I'm not sure I've seen from many other pass rushers. Shame those teams never accomplished much.

Yes I was very happy for him when the Broncos won it all

He received an apology from the league for an offsides penalty where he had just timed the snap perfectly. He was incredible at that.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I started watching football when the cowboys went on their 90s run. As an adult, Tony Romo is what really brought me back into the NFL.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

nobody:

mcmagic: LEMME TELL YOU BOUT THAT PIECE OF poo poo MILES GARRETT

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

kiimo posted:

You guys have been telling me Cam is cooked.

I hope you're right.

Cam is going to loving dominate and the pats will go 13-3 next year because there’s no football happening this year.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

fartknocker posted:

This. This was the best picture of the man they could get. Magnificient.

Also, if you've never heard him talk, he sound exactly like Bill.

Here you go:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUnsf6B6OVc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

NFCN is checkdown central.