Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

Fabulousity posted:

cat is 4 fyte

Good color combo :D

Here's our 4 year old Tulip that we rescued a year ago and 4 month old Spood on the right. We were worried about introducing another cat with Tulip, but we took it really slow and they get along great now! Spood man keeps her real busy :D

I've only had adult cats before Spood. Holy cow kittens have so much energy!

Before these two, I had my beloved Ray Ray:

And for a very short time after that, we had this wonderful guy we called Dippy:

I wasn't quite ready for a new cat but we found Dippy rummaging around the dumpsters, declawed and senior. He had advanced kidney disease and required subq fluids regularly. He was the sweetest kitty though, I really hope whoever had him before us didn't release him intentionally, he was not doing well living outdoors without any claws.

Cats are so wonderful!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Bertha the Toaster posted:

"I don't always post in cat threads, but when I do I include my fat bastard of a brother."

These pics are so great!

Bioshuffle posted:

I'm due to replace my faux leather couch. What's the best car friendly solution for furniture? Anyone have any dos and donts for selecting a couch that won't get shredded to bits?

My solution so far has been to give them plenty of other things that it's OK to scratch on, so we have scratching posts and cat trees all over the place.

I got a few new pieces of furniture recently and I was worried about them so I got some of this Feliway stuff:

It was pricey, but I noticed an immediate difference with my cats' behavior when they got a whiff of it. Before the spray they were super interested in the new furniture, despite the plethora of other scratching friendly options nearby, I felt like some scratching on the new stuff was all but inevitable. After the spray, the new furniture seemed to lose that appeal.

I guess the real test will be in a few weeks when I stop using the spray, so far so good though!

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
My little Spood Man

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Mister Speaker posted:

Missing my girl Regan a lot today, she passed away last fall.

So sorry for your loss. She was beautiful! Love the pic of her rootin' around in your bag!

It is so hard to lose a cat. The only thing that helps is more cats :)

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

drowningidiot posted:

RIP Thumbs. He had a long happy life and got lots of pets and treats.

Love these pics. So sorry for your loss. He looks like he was a wonderful kitty. It's so hard losing a loved one :(

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Captain Hygiene posted:

Clarice is a helpful cat who likes to make sure things are in good shape around the kitchen

:lol: these are great pics!

Post meal bath time
https://i.imgur.com/2NxB9El.mp4

Double duty at the vet for a check-up! Being there together seemed to make them more comfortable.

Always helping

Helping to pick out some new carriers

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Lumpus looks and sounds like a wonderful kitty, and you sound like a great cat dad/mom. You two are lucky to have each other!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Cardi BYOB posted:

This is Sam, she is famous for murdering magsafe connectors and anything that moves in the house. She's very very tiny, kitten forever sized at 5 pounds.

So cute!! What a tiny little cat!

I love cats and I love this thread