Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phssthpok
Nov 7, 2004

fingers like strings of walnuts
I finally finished Dungeons & Diagrams. I had to return to The Water Temple 3 times on separate days. Eventually I systematically tried all combinations of 2-3 layout options for all 5-6 monster clusters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phssthpok
Nov 7, 2004

RBA Starblade posted:

I just want a mobile port of DnD

And more of it

Yes, I love the puzzles but I can't replay old ones, and the touchscreen support was not very good. I want to make a mobile DnD app with a UI like Cell Tower and copy-paste-able levels like this:

⬜️2️⃣5️⃣3️⃣3️⃣2️⃣3️⃣3️⃣2️⃣
1️⃣⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️
4️⃣⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️
2️⃣⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️
2️⃣⬜️⬜️⬜️👑⬜️⬜️🐀⬜️
3️⃣⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️
4️⃣⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️🐍⬜️⬜️
2️⃣⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️
5️⃣⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️

Phssthpok
Nov 7, 2004

Jabor posted:

I did it by racing flesh propagating from the metal with bone propagating from the top, then having the excess bone on the end die off.

Took some fiddling to get everything to come out exactly right with timing, lots of hand-shaped things where one finger was slightly off before I finally cracked it.

The ZACHTRONICS Thread: lots of hand-shaped things where one finger was slightly off

Phssthpok
Nov 7, 2004

Phssthpok posted:

Yes, I love the puzzles but I can't replay old ones, and the touchscreen support was not very good. I want to make a mobile DnD app with a UI like Cell Tower and copy-paste-able levels like this:

⬜️2️⃣5️⃣3️⃣3️⃣2️⃣3️⃣3️⃣2️⃣
1️⃣⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️
4️⃣⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️
2️⃣⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️
2️⃣⬜️⬜️⬜️👑⬜️⬜️🐀⬜️
3️⃣⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️
4️⃣⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️🐍⬜️⬜️
2️⃣⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️
5️⃣⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️

I've put together an initial version of a web app with shareable, editable dungeons and diagrams:

Daily Dungeons and Diagrams

it supports linking to the state of a partially solved puzzle: example

Phssthpok fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Sep 2, 2022

Phssthpok
Nov 7, 2004

Yeah, as you can see it needs a lot of work. In the current version you have to make your browser window narrower to scale the whole grid into view.

I'm having trouble thinking of a good way to mark a tile as empty with touchscreen controls. I guess it could cycle floor -> wall -> marked floor 🤔

Phssthpok
Nov 7, 2004

I'm implementing a solution checker and here's my current understanding of the laws:

- all row/column wall counts are equal to their targets
- all non-WALL tiles are connected
- each MONSTER is in a dead end (adjacent to exactly one EMPTY)
- each TREASURE is in a treasure room (3x3 block of 8 EMPTY and 1 TREASURE, adjacent to exactly one EMPTY and no MONSTER)
- no 2x2 blocks of EMPTY tiles outside of a treasure room

Phssthpok fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Aug 5, 2022

Phssthpok
Nov 7, 2004

Daily Dungeons and Diagrams is basically playable now.

I'm still working on designing the puzzle editing interface. For a touchscreen-oriented editor, I was thinking of cycling each cell between floor, wall, treasure, monster, and boss monster, with a field outside the grid to set the default display of each type.

Phssthpok fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Aug 31, 2022

Phssthpok
Nov 7, 2004

Phssthpok
Nov 7, 2004

The tarot game is indeed haaard. The undo feature should really include inverting a stack, which is only one logical operation but lots of clicks.

With some effort I was able to force a specific reading:

Phssthpok
Nov 7, 2004

Reveilled posted:

Same, but different:

From this position I think I can force any reading:

Phssthpok
Nov 7, 2004

Tirranek posted:

the Multiplexer

Once you're happy with your Signal Multiplexer, check out this advanced labeling technique:

And add me to your steam friends for shared leaderboards: https://steamcommunity.com/id/myhf/

Now I want to return to TIS-100. I was never able to complete the Sequence Sorter within the instruction limits.

Phssthpok
Nov 7, 2004

Rynoto posted:

Why would anyone use a guide for a single player puzzle game. Literally paid for these puzzles to be able to solve them :psyduck:

i literally paid for the secret envelope that i'm not going to be able to open because 20th century food court is not my jam

Phssthpok
Nov 7, 2004

Got a nice hand of Fortune's Foundation with all trumps played in a single move:

https://i.imgur.com/nVSRWsh.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phssthpok
Nov 7, 2004

Sunshine Heavy Industries is pretty cool. Each level is a challenge to build a spaceship with specific constraints. There are a lot of cool puzzles based on adjacency bonuses. And you can optimize for different metrics.