Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
It's hard to be a dark magical girl with a steel rod in your leg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
Rue
Zoe
Goops
Bud
Melty Frost

more votes for Goops pls, this story wouldn't exist without a monster heel

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
I feel like parkour/freerunning class would be a thing

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

rannum posted:

side note i hope we see Silvia's family at some point and that they're not screwed out of the money their daughter died for

hey you never know, they could be complete scumbags like Hillary Swank's family in Million Dollar Baby

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
Where are the gold chains and the chest hair to go with the new tracksuits

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

Tenebrais posted:

One from the Discord:

oh my god

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
Which SD character is most likely to put their yoga mat down in the squat rack area and then get a Stone Cold Stunner from Gabby

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
Teenagers that aren't assholes are the exception, not the rule. It's just different when it's a life-or-death carnival every night.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

Captain Oblivious posted:

The real mystery is still what is Goops and why does she have Hella Beef with Team Alchemical.

Personally I have vague theories that Goops is literally the person powering the nightly shield and her functionally eternal imprisonment is why she's Hella Mad but that's COMPLETELY speculative.

Big Jeanne energy

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
This page just fills me with a deep sadness, because I know what this comic’s major influence is, and I have a pretty good idea of how bad things are going to get. And I just feel bad for these kids. :(

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
Well, no, I don't think SD is going to have a bad ending. Madoka itself didn't have a bad ending, but you had to pass through a lot of fire and brimstone to get there, and I think the same thing is going to happen in SD. This is all speculation, but I don't think it's unreasonable speculation, especially considering that SD's setting (a post-apocalyptic domed city) is even bleaker than Madoka's.

And I know Mary said the comic wasn't a full-on rip off of Madoka, and I believe that, but IIRC she also said something along the lines of "I'm surprised at how many people still think Sleepless Domain is a fun and lighthearted comic".

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
Or one who is secretly A Robot

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

Stormgale posted:

Listen As much as Mary Cagle wants to, she can't save penny from rwby

Hey, 42 isn’t a robot anymore, someone else needs to fill the quota

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
It’s weird that there isn’t more suspicion of magical-girl-on-magical-girl violence in this universe. You’d think that a lot of teenagers with magic weapons and poor impulse control would lead to a lot of high-stakes infighting, but I guess Mary already said it was heavily discouraged, for...reasons we’re not aware of yet.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
Fair points, I guess I'm surprised that even given all those reasons that it doesn't just happen more often anyway, human nature being what it is.

It's also that I can't think of any other magical girl story where everyone in society knows that both the MGs and the monsters exist and it's just a part of the culture. In so many other examples of these stories, a teenage girl disappearing wouldn't lead to people being like "well clearly, she was eaten by monsters". It would lead to suspicions of foul play. So I can't blame people for defaulting to those expectations.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
beep boop beep boop

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

MikeJF posted:

Time for more Zoe adorableness, I guess.

Zoe's going to go Sicko Mode at some point in the latter half of the comic, I can feel it

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
Alonzoe Mourning and Ruesheed Wallace, let's go

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
Zoe's MG sigil should be an ellipsis

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXLicO0CRvk