Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

...so what's the catch Cagle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Unlucky7 posted:

It will be interesting to see how the system reacts to this information, whether they do not know or if they DO know.

Yeah, the system as far as we've seen seems to be well intentioned and working with a bad hand they don't fully understand. It'll be interesting to see if there's conspiracies underneath or if they genuinely dont know poo poo and how they react to that.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I appreciate that Tessa has moved to be sitting in the shadow of the statue of the founder, with her back towards it, while Undine is in the sun looking up at it.

Gotta be intentional.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Cup Runneth Over posted:

"Excuse me, this kind of behavior is illegal at the Catfe"

"Being standoffish and hard to approach without being swiped at is the cat's job Miss."

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

And here, we, goooooooooo. :unsmigghh:

nimby posted:

I'm really interested in seeing what Anemone has to say about this situation. I wouldn't put it past her to just talk about a recipe for pumpkin cupcakes or something though.

It's gonna be this or silent horror.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

"If you want to find hell with me, I can show you what it's like"

Whelp.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Goops seems to have a personal direct antipathy towards Undine as well, which doesnt quite gel with the above theories.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Tenebrais posted:

I think this is mostly Tessa. Goops was happy to send tons of monsters blindly to their deaths; I doubt she cared about them the way Tessa is here.

"Everything must be very confusing for you" feels like some projection to me too.

Pretty sure the way this is gonna play out is Goops not realising she isn't in control until it's clear Tessa's going further than she wants. Like I just reckon that it's gonna turn out Goops wasn't the devil in this deal. Probably a ways off though.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Tenebrais posted:

A friendly Goops!

Good to know she's just trying to help. Phew, I was worried she might have ulterior motives

Edit: One from the Discord

lol lmao

This is going to go so badly for HP.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Remalle posted:

The really weird part is that Monster Studies takes place in room "IXI"

Maybe it's like 9-1. It is a school after all. Room 9 Floor 1, Room 1 Floor 9 or something.

Edit: that'll teach me not to refresh the page. Doy

Edit2: oh man the monster studies club addendum suggests some real awkward meetings lol.

A Sometimes Food fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Apr 27, 2022

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

On earlier discussion I'm confused, do MGs in this get a standard superhuman strength/fitness package or not? Training certainly effects it but are they innately kinda superhuman as in most MG stuff or not?

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Tiny Myers posted:

It definitely seems to affect them to some degree. In the first couple of chapters Sally eats poo poo and Sylvia eats poo poo which are both injuries the average person wouldn't shrug off, though it's not clear how much of that is like, plot armor/comic relief.

I also feel like it probably saved Starlight Spear's life when she was transporting baby Kokoro to the hospital - like even without the extreme speed, a normal person wouldn't have been able to survive that long - but I don't know. We also hear about MGs getting tons of injuries and ultimately being fine though I'm guessing a lot of that is due to healers. Rue also uses her magic to heal herself, so we can assume that to some degree their magic fuels strength and regenerative properties, though I'm getting into conjecture territory.

Also when trying to look for something I ran into this page which I'm really curious about still. I wonder if her dream was disturbing, or if she's musing about her mom and the fact that her powers went into her?

God this comic has so many nice details and is just so well put together. I love to reread it sometimes and just appreciate all the little worldbuilding poo poo that's in it. Thank you Mary for such a nice comic.

Not just me who finds it unclear then? I'm assuming they have at least a bit though it's obviously kinda variable and not like the Sailor Senshi (Usagi can exit atmosphere from a standing jump lol) or anything.

Also new page and here weeee goooo.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Yeah this is absolutely a shared fusion.

She might think Goops is dominant as a way of denying responsibility for what they're doing though. But honestly if either of them is more in control, it's probably Tessa as that makes a better story and her flaws are much more interesting to examine.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

This might be the catalyst for that MG focused religion that's been mentioned but mostly off to the side of things entering the plot.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Unlucky7 posted:

I imagine their respective parents will also have words with them. I think they realize Something Is Up.

HP's dad for sure is going to be freaked.

Also I said this earlier, but I imagine the long mentioned but so far never relevant MG worshippers and maybe some MGs from their school are probably going to enter the plot after this.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Accidentally smooth there HP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

We know you are, Anemone.