Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

cruft posted:

Fun fact: all Telsas have a bit of stored text that is the car's name. You can set it to whatever you want, I think the default might be "KYOON GRIFFEY JR'S CYBERTRUCK".

When you set up the Tesla app as a key to enter and start the car, you have to select which car you want to enter and start, and having the names is very helpful when, for instance, your sister in law has a car that looks exactly like yours.

This name is also used when you bluetooth pair to the car, which is handy when you want to delete a pairing. I believe the LEAF shows up as "MY CAR"

This is also true in the Ford app. Our Bronco is named Karen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

I gotta assume there's also an environmental benefit? Sodium seems like it must be way easier to acquire / recycle / dispose of than lithium.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Nfcknblvbl posted:

I bought 3 Teslas so far, this post makes me want to buy 3 more.

Man, I knew they weren't durable, but that seems like an extremely short lifespan??

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Cactus Ghost posted:

i for one find this crackdown on the electric vehicles thread to be...

shocking :v:

They've certainly been charged with some infractions.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Elviscat posted:

You can't use a Leaf for that, you need a real vehicle.

Love to have big loads really worked into my trunk.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Cactus Ghost posted:

that's more credit than he deserves; people dying now for make number go up is more like it

To the enlightened Effective Philanthropist, there is no difference between "number go up" and "saving lives later."

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Honestly there is literally no purchase I wouldn't make at Costco if it was possible there. Better prices, better warranties, less bullshit, across the board.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

The Gunslinger posted:

Full Self Driving (Supervised)

This is the kind of steaming marketing lingo that is just disastrous for drivers. "Full Self Driving" literally means "it can drive itself," which is a lie, especially alongside a CEO talking about how it's safer than human driving, which is also a lie. Adding the qualifier (Supervised) is going to help many, but not all, customers recognize that the words preceding it are a lie.