Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

It seems like with Tesla’s system you spend more time with your foot on the gas pedal rather than applying regen via the brake pedal which doesn’t really seem like a good thing for having to do abrupt emergency braking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Indiana_Krom posted:

Doesn't the brake pedal on a Tesla just always activate the mechanical brake? I thought the way they did it regen was all on the accelerator pedal and the brake pedal is just exactly what it says on the tin.

Yes, that’s my point. Emergency braking is easier when your foot is already on the brake pedal, is it would be in cars that have blended regen via t he brake pedal.

bird with big dick fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Jul 21, 2020

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

MrYenko posted:

It’s literally the same as moving your foot from throttle to brake in an ICE car, except the car starts slowing down like a manual transmission in low gear the moment you lift.

Yes except your foot is literally on the gas pedal more in the Tesla which means on average a Tesla drivers reaction time is going to be literally slower.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I have a Mach-e GT reservation but I'm guessing it'll be ~9 months from now before they'll actually have one for me, and who knows if I'll be able to get it for a reasonable price even when they do have it.

And my truck just got totaled in an accident.

Someone talk me into getting one of the current or near future offerings (Polestar?).

I'd be all over the Polestar (or e-tron maybe) if they had performance anywhere near the Y/Mach-e GT but they don't and that makes me sad as I'd rather not buy the Model Y because I hate the styling and Elon is a dildo.

It's going to be at least 9 weeks before I'm even capable of actually driving so I'm not in a real big hurry but probably more of a hurry than 9 months from now.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

someone should make an insurance thread so that theres a place people can never shut the gently caress up about insurance

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Congrats, that’s awesome! How much did the options end up adding? When I’ve played with the build tool I end up adding 30% in options.

the one my local dealer has on the lot has 39k in options on it IIRC.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

did someone say they paid over MSRP for a Hyundai?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Does the model Y super recirc filtration mode filter out fart smells I hope not I enjoy smelling my own farts

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Hi. I would much prefer not to give anyone a cool down time out.

Thanks and insert bad overdone joke about TED talks here.

That guy posts a lot of mean stuff maybe he deserves a time out just look at this post

Ola posted:

gently caress you guys

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Charles posted:

I think maybe the mods missed a joke there

I suffer for my art

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

50 cents/kWh is nearly what I was paying when I lived in Juneau and an avalanche took out the power lines to the hydro plant and they had to run the entire town off diesel for 2 months.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

my friend in the bay area the other day said his solar panels finally woke up at noon and decided it was daytime and informed him they were currently generating 3 watts.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Westy543 posted:

Ford already going to task with the F one fift-E (seriously, don't mess this naming scheme up Ford)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ8bzZy5iiI

whats one of these things gonna weigh? 8500 pounds? Gonna be awesome when it plows into a Corolla at a stoplight.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

McStephenson posted:

Those are the three we are looking at too: we have a gen 1 leaf and it is... fine. If I can not Nissan then I’m going to not Nissan.

I love volvos but I’m worried the price point for the xc40 is too high for us. Id4 meets what I want and the knowledge that I know service will be a bit more typical.

Edit: I’d say I’d do the Mach e but... ehhhhhhhhhhhh the price and I trust Ford dealers as far as I can throw them.

Ah yes, better to go with the always trustworthy VW.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

McStephenson posted:

Agreed. FWD and actual, legitimate snow tires do the job very very well.

That being said RWD in the winter is a nightmare where we live sooooo

RWD and actual legitimate snow tires also do the job very very well especially with modern traction control and the weight distribution you have on cars like the model 3.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

If you’re gonna pay a 15,000 additional dealer markup get something rad like a GT500

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

This is a gross post.

agreed

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

poo poo like this hummer and CYBRTRK doesn’t make chuds into Tesla nerds it makes Tesla nerds into chuds.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

And answering myself here but I have no real issue with discussing the safety of the various SUV sized EV's. While I and clearly others like holy poo poo WTF about the Hummer's tech, I got some concerns as well.

Just tone down hyperbole about death, destruction that all Hummer EV's will leave in their wake.

Which posts do you consider hyperbole?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

PIZZA.BAT posted:

Finally a review from someone who actually drove the car

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4n5iPqxpaw

Since when does the Model Y Performance start at 52k?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I have a real early reservation for a Mach-E GT. Today the dealership called me and asked me if I wanted to switch to a regular one that will supposedly be delivered in January. I told em I wasn't really interested.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Are you asking why Doug said the two cars’ performance models are similarly priced? ‘Cause he’s right.

https://www.ford.com/suvs/mach-e/models/mach-e-gt/

No, I'm asking why he said the Model Y Performance model starts at 52k.

bird with big dick fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Dec 16, 2020

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Zero One posted:

I'm imagining that the dealer wanted to sell you a regular Mustang.

Mostly because I have heard of Bronco reservation holders who were offered the chance to switch to a Bronco Sport by their dealers.

No, they wanted to sell me a Mach e Premium. Probably at a huge markup.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Shamino posted:

You should visit an eye doctor.

He is correct.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Anyone that thinks the model Y doesn’t look like an unlicensed car from GTA3 is just wrong.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Get a Mach e and a GT500, problem solved.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

The gear selector is inside the left rear speaker cavity next to the emergency rear door release.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Orvin posted:

Just got a call from a local Ford dealership that they are getting a demo Mach-E in tomorrow. I am scheduled to take it for a test drive on Tuesday. Really kinda looking forward to seeing how it drives.

Yeah the two dealerships near me both have one in transit. Should be getting them any day and I’m hoping for a test drive.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Would be funny if they did it any way but includes them with the lovely FSD. "It's worth $10k so you're really saving $2,500!"

I thought it was worth 100k because Teslas drive around all night making their owners Uber and Grubhub money.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I sat in a Mach e today. I’m 6’5” and built like a brick shitbag so making sure I fit was nice. Felt pretty much like an Escape once I was inside in terms of head and leg and shoulder room. The door is either a lot shorter or more aggressively curved because ducking my head in is a lot more difficult but I can probably live with it. If I hadn’t broken said neck extremely badly 6 months ago it probably wouldn’t be a problem.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I think the Ioniq looks great, gives me a retro modern 80s vibe.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

FilthyImp posted:

It's like a Tesla hosed a Ford Focus and the kid was ran through the photoshop Liquify filter :wtc:

I mean, it still resulted in a better looking kid than papa Tesla imo

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

If I get a 2021 model S how hard would it be to convert the steering wheel into something designed for use by a human being

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I want two big metal levers like the steering brake levers on a Sherman tank.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

What, no Des Moines?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Why don’t they put that drivetrain in the Ioniq 5

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

If you run out of gas in the middle of nowhere fill your tank with 0.8 gallons of pebbles.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

I'm a midwestern goon too and can't even count how many times I've heard that exact argument. Like... I couldn't have been the only one raised in a family that took long breaks to refuel both car and body on vacation right?

Yeah my dad did that and we hated him for it once we all became adults and realized the drives he took two days to do could easily be done in one day as long as you didn’t stop at Shoney’s for sit down meals twice a day.

Stopping for five minutes to take a leak and stretch your legs every 2-3 hours is a great idea for mind and body. Stopping for 25-45 minutes every 2-3 hours is a great way to turn many one day drives into two day drives.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Shamino posted:

don't live on lentils and dumpster finds either.

don't tell me what to do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I sat in an e tron sport back today.