Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Not the other one, couldn't stand the other one. Nope nope nope. Here, enjoy this bird.
Why is that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Not the other one, couldn't stand the other one. Nope nope nope. Here, enjoy this bird.
Long time thread lurker.

Just did the LA Auto show this week. Stelantis and Volvo were no shows. Lots of EVs.

Looks like VW is bringing back their hippie van, full electric. There were a couple there.

https://www.vw.com/en/models/id-buzz.html

The basement was full of LA lowriders, motorcycles and lowrider bicycles. That was more exciting to me than 99 percent of the manufacturers' stuff.

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Lowriders are really the only car culture that I find amazing and cool. I'm curious if eventually someone makes an EV convert from something like a late 40s Mercury or a 60s Impala to use as a lowrider.

Oh yes! There was a company there that was doing antique car EV installs (not lowriders, just normal cruisers). Sorry I didn't catch the company name. They had about 6 or 7 converted classic cars. I looked at the vendor list, but couldn't find it.

E: there were about 6 of those extreme VW bug lowriders that were about 3 feet high.

I'd post pics but I don't have a imgur account.

Evil SpongeBob fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Nov 27, 2023

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Been lurking in here for quite a while. Just did my taxes and I don't qualify for the tax credit now, so I guess all cars (minus Tesla, I just can't) are under consideration now.

Why not the ioniq 5? I see the 6 get thrown out there a lot.

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Ahh, cool. I thought there were some kind of build issues as opposed to people just wanting sedans. Thanks for the incentive tip too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Hope they have the parts unlike my Jeep recall still pending from summer 2022.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a60295235/hyundai-ioniq-5-kia-ev6-genesis-gv60-ev-power-loss-recall/