Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

All right, here's my last batch! When the timeout clears I'll throw up a list of ones I still have questions about from my assignments.

:mump: static, mumptruck mike, fyad NOTE: this doesn’t show up very much, google links it to FYAD almost exclusively and a couple of tweets from ten years ago

:negative: static, orange, rectangle, box, man, mother, games, bad

:parrot: animated, green, kakapo, party parrot, loving bird, mating, head bobbing, ducking

:pluto: animated, planet, space, crying, dog, disney, astronomy, solar system

:pranke: animated, red, prankeapple, fyad, gotcha, punked, pranked, pulsing, fruit

:psyberger: static, orange, white, aaaggg, psyduck, football, roethlisberger, steelers, nfl, pokemon, ache

:psyboom: animated, orange, psyduck, ache, head explosion, exploding, pop, bulge, bulging, pokemon, blood

:psyduck: static, orange, psy yi, pokemon, headache

:psypop: animated, orange, psyduck, headache, eyes popping, blood, explosion

:pwm: static, mascot, pwm, football, soccer, dinosaur

:pwn: static, yellow, fukken owned noob, nub, big eye, mspaint, poorly drawn

:qq: animated, blue, crying, sobbing, rivers of tears, sad

:qqsay: animated, white, blue, goonsay, crying, sobbing , rivers of tears, sad

:radcat: static, gray, grey, sunglasses, shades, oh no I am, comics, das boo

:razz: static, razzin it, yellow, grin, awesome face, comics

:reddit: animated, spergin, qq, white, blue, crying, sobbing, rivers of tears, sad, pedo, teddy bear

:regd09: static, brown, dog, regdate, frog, regdog

:regd11: animated, windows, registry and dll sitting in a tree, regdate, fighting

:rodimus: static, emoticon, evil toy scalper with child, transformer, money, ripoff, pedo, reseller

:rubshands: animated, grins evilly, yellow, red, glass of beer knocked over, angry, disappointed, reversal of fortune

:sharpton: static, reverend al, politics, political, minister

:shibaz: static, 101, byob, vanity, red, smoking

:shivdurf: animated, shivadas, hurf de durf, byob, vanity top hat, blue eye

:sissies: animated, pink, hands, hi5, slap fighting, giggle, giggling, d and d at its best

:smith: static, white, unhappy, sad, frown, depressed, everyman, comic, das boo

:smithcloud: static, white, icloud, unhappy, sad, frown, depressed

:smithfrog: static, white, unhappy, sad, frown, depressed, old

:smithicide: animated, white, considering suicide, unhappy, sad, frown, depressed

:smithmouth: animated, white, smash, unhappy, sad, frown, depressed, 10/10/11 never forgegg

:smug: static, yellow, grin, smarmy, snarky, proud, prideful, haughty

Midjack fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jul 27, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Here are ones that I still have questions about. I also went back and applied the more narrow definition of vanity to poster-specific emotes in my previous work.

:treemike: animated, face, winking, stealing your girl, NOTE: needs background

:weasel: static, drunk otter face, gray, grey, animal, pet NOTE there may be a story here, word is too common

:wrongcity: animated, banner, you hosed with, boston NOTE: needs background

:chord: static, brown, pipe dog, smug, regd09, smoking NOTE: this is likely a vanity emote but the word is too common to research

:mump: static, mumptruck mike, fyad NOTE: this doesn’t show up very much, google links it to FYAD almost exclusively and a couple of tweets from ten years ago

Updated to remove ones answered below and in the PYF thread, and the original batches are also updated to reflect the new tags.

Midjack fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jul 28, 2020

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Midjack posted:

:wankah: animated, crying, uk, cockney, wanker, sahib, pukka bootstraps guvnah (NOTE: this one needs help; may also be soccer/football related)

:feck: animated. red, get the feck in, warhammer, wh40k, games, bad miniature painting (NOTE: I may be missing something here)

I think the first one might be jamie oliver?

the second one has a static version. there is some discussion of it on page 6 of this thread. I think the animated one is just a tabletop wargaming/bad painting variant of "get in".

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Midjack posted:

:goodshit: animated, banner, black, that’s such (NOTE: I may be missing something here)

That's Vince McMahon, it's a wrestling/WWE thing.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

Midjack posted:

Here are ones that I still have questions about. I also went back and applied the more narrow definition of vanity to poster-specific emotes in my previous work.

:fella: static, smug, white, red, too many limesNOTE: I’m missing the story here but the word is too common to research

This is Sheamus from the WWE.

Add sheamus, wwe, wrestling

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Thanks, I went back and edited in the suggested tags in my original lists.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Midjack posted:

:parrot: animated, green, loving bird, mating, head bobbing, ducking

The bird is called kakapo. And the meme is often referred to as party parrot :eng101:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Paladinus posted:

The bird is called kakapo. And the meme is often referred to as party parrot :eng101:

Thanks! I added both of those.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Midjack posted:

:riot: static, technical, games, psyduck, moba (NOTE: I may be way off on this one)

The character is Jax from the MOBA game League of Legends (LoL for short).

Midjack posted:

:pants: animated, banner, lookin like a fool, coal, cool, politics, political cartoons (NOTE: needs specifics, word is too common)

It's the donkey from the Democratic party's emblem with his pants on the ground. The pants are 'health reform mess'. The cartoon was created by Mike Luckovich. It's a very hacky political cartoon, to say the least.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
This is ridiculously awesome, thank you everyone.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Paladinus posted:

The character is Jax from the MOBA game League of Legends (LoL for short).

It's the donkey from the Democratic party's emblem with his pants on the ground. The pants are 'health reform mess'. The cartoon was created by Mike Luckovich. It's a very hacky political cartoon, to say the least.

Thanks for both those.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

This is ridiculously awesome, thank you everyone.

I’m psyched about the future of the forums and glad to contribute something

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

Athanatos posted:

Gang Tag (Upload New, or Add one from around the forums)

I probably shouldn't add another tag to my collection but, anyone want me to try and make a "smilie classifier" tag or something to that effect?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
"smilie filer" has a nice ring to it.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

"emoticonned" would get people asking questions

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

I've been following this thread though I didn't contribute tags of my own, but I did collect all the data into a spreadsheet. I hope I'm not stepping on any toes by posting a link to it here. Should be current as to right now, including (hopefully all) of Midjack's latest changes. I didn't enable editing but anyone can download a copy.

It has a few extra features like tracking types of smilies (filtering by animated/static, banner, vanity and classic, based on keywords) and word counter, though the last one isn't terribly useful and won't account for comma seperators.

On a fun note, I think you guys have helped tag 1027 unique smilies with this thread.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

Jiru posted:

Hey, I haven't turned on my list from last Thursday because I have been out for the weekend. I will post it tomorrow so, as this is the last batch, if there are no takers for it I can do it together with the other one. If that's OK, tell me.

Pending list done. Can take the last batch if nobody else has.

:squawk: - animated, purple, bird, fist, videogames, griefing, flaming, fight, battletech, mechwarrior, no u
:stwoon: - animated, classic, face, yellow, staring, stare, in love, fascinated, heart
:success: - static, animal, face, cat, orange, webcomics, japanese, happy, great, good, well done
:sueme: - static, flag, bisexual pride, BiNet, polemic
:suezo: - animated, banner, monster ranger, videogames, anime, i don’t give a gently caress, i dont giv ea gently caress, BYOB
:suicide101: - animated, banner, teacher, teaching, knowing, suicide, shooting, dying, eng101, derivative
:sureboat: - animated, tooting, sailing, good, happy, surebet, sovcit, maritime law, vanity
:swanlake: - animated, banner, purple, face, x-com, xcom long war, LP, Let’s play, swan lake, get in, derivative
:swinson: - animated, button, pressing, skills, wallets, politics, UK, liberal democrats, jo
:swish: - animated, classic, face, yellow, basketball, playing, sports, BYOB
:tandp: - animated, banner, people, thoughts and prayers, mass shootings, firearms, soldier, kill, killing
:tem: - animated, animal, cat, wig, white, dancing, happy, temmie, videogames, undertale
:tesla: - static, banner, grey, gray, electric, car, company, burning, elon musk, disaster, holy poo poo piss
:teslaget: - animated, banner, electric, car, company, burning, crashing, elon musk, henget, derivative
:texas: - animated, flag, EEUU, states, cowboy, crying
:thanks: - static, banner, black, comic sans, thank you, here’s your tossed salad, FYAD, text
:thatsrad: - animated, banner, black, face, yakuza, kiryu, that’s rad, videogames, text
:thembeans: - animated, banner, black, face, been thinkin’ about them beans, bill foster, meme, doobie, scam
:therapy: - animated, banner, white, face, recover, recovery, heal, you can do it, improve, get better, hope
:theroni: - static, banner, black, grafitti, give me death, coronavirus, COVID-19, 2020, text

Shellception fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Jul 27, 2020

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Jiru posted:

:thembeans: - animated, banner, black, face, been thinkin’ about them beans, meme, doobie, scam

I;m thinking about thos Beans

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit

Jiru posted:

Pending list done. Can take the last batch if nobody else has.

I am impressed that you accurately tagged :swish: as BYOB since it gives no outward indication.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

cda posted:

I am impressed that you accurately tagged :swish: as BYOB since it gives no outward indication.

The smilies thread is gold :D

First try for a tag, it's pretty simple but it might work? I am not sure why it looks a bit blurry and bigger as a .gif that it does as a .psd, though :raise: (just used the search function for that smilie too :D)

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Jiru posted:

First try for a tag, it's pretty simple but it might work? I am not sure why it looks a bit blurry and bigger as a .gif that it does as a .psd, though :raise: (just used the search function for that smilie too :D)

It looks fine here, the part with the smiley and keywords is perfectly crisp. You may have some browser zoom or display scaling going on when viewing the GIF.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Midjack posted:

:pwm: static, mascot, pwm, football, soccer, dinosaur NOTE this one needs help, it’s related to the pwm chat thread in the soccer subforum of SAS

I just went in the pwm chat thread and asked about it; it was created so long ago that nobody really remembers the memes it incorporates nor does it get used much anymore and the current tags are good enough.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Jiru has the final set.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Hammerite posted:

:schotty: run! brian schottenheimer animated black national football league nfl offensive coordinator sports
Hi, hello, yes, I have personal and emotional investment in this smiley. Would a search for "run" catch the preexisting "run!" tag? Also, is there a way to add Seahawks as a tag? Thank you for your time, god bless.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

Bob Socko posted:

Hi, hello, yes, I have personal and emotional investment in this smiley. Would a search for "run" catch the preexisting "run!" tag? Also, is there a way to add Seahawks as a tag? Thank you for your time, god bless.

It's already at 99 characters and the limit is 100, so another term or two would have to be deleted. Tell me how you think it should be changed and i'll edit the post.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Hammerite posted:

It's already at 99 characters and the limit is 100, so another term or two would have to be deleted. Tell me how you think it should be changed and i'll edit the post.
Cool, thank you! As a serious post, I would think "run" would be more useful than "run!" because web searches generally don't need punctuation, and I would expect "run" to be more likely to be searched for than "run!". Additionally, people typically just search for "nfl" or "football", rather than "national football league". So, I would suggest:
run brian schottenheimer animated black football nfl offensive coordinator sports seahawks

In the event that all of the other NFL-related tags already have "national" and "league" attached to them, well, consistency is important. So, I would suggest just removing the exclamation mark from "run!", like so:
run brian schottenheimer animated black national football league nfl offensive coordinator sports

Thank you very much, I really do appreciate it.

EDIT:

astral posted:

Yes; keep the !
Oh, just saw this. If a search for "run" would catch "run!", then sure, keep it! I still think "national" and "league" should be dropped and replaced with Seahawks, unless all of the other NFL tags also have "national" and "league". Thank you!

Bob Socko fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Jul 27, 2020

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Bob Socko posted:

Hi, hello, yes, I have personal and emotional investment in this smiley. Would a search for "run" catch the preexisting "run!" tag?

Yes; keep the !

quote:

Also, is there a way to add Seahawks as a tag? Thank you for your time, god bless.

Hammerite posted:

Just dropping 'national' and 'league' to add 'seahawks' should be good.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Yeah I don't think anyone is searching the entire "National Football League" instead of just typing NFL

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Midjack posted:

:wrongcity: animated, banner, you hosed with, boston NOTE: needs background

This was made by the Boston LAN as a parody of with some additional local icons thrown in. The original "You hosed with the wrong city" was a Boston sports meme after the Boston bombing.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

This was made by the Boston LAN as a parody of with some additional local icons thrown in. The original "You hosed with the wrong city" was a Boston sports meme after the Boston bombing.

Thanks! Would you suggest any additional tags, or is what’s there good?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

i am the one who brought :rolldice:, and I'm shocked to see someone else knew to tag it with "grognard". good job!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Doc Hawkins posted:

i am the one who brought :rolldice:, and I'm shocked to see someone else knew to tag it with "grognard". good job!

:bisonyes:

It seemed appropriate!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Sorry for the wait, don't know most of these.

:mome: — animated, yellow blue, dance, dancer, dancing, overalls, yospos, minion

:mood: — static, black, banner, doom, video games, video game, emotion, emotions

:mummyface: — animated, yellow, mummy, fight island, wrestling, wrestle

:murder: — animated, red, banner, classic, death, kill, relationships, jason voorhees, hockey mask

:myballs: — animated, orange, lithuania, baltic, flag, national, patriotic, basketball, crying

:nah: — static, black, banner, undertale, video game, video games, rpg, dialogue

:nallears: — animated, face, yellow, hands, sarcastic, scathing, condescending, dismissive, allears

:namazu: — animated, grey gray, yesyes, frog, getout, grin, teeth, smile

:neelix: — animated, orange, banner, leola root, star trek, startrek, voyager, ethan phillips, cuisine, food

:neet: — animated, gray, banner, self defense, manga, anime, stare

:newdanger: — animated, red, banner, labour labor, corbyn, united kingdom, england, national, patriotic, politics

:nfpa: — animated, yellow red blue, 555, chemicals, science, safety, osha, explosive, corrosive

:nice: — static, blue lavender, banner, agreed, concur, thank you, sweet

:nomates: — animated, vanity, captain nomates, dance, beard, boyb

:nsacloud: —static, white, panopticon, nsa, security, surveillance, government, politics

:nsallears: —static, yellow, panopticon, nsa, security, surveillance, darling, politics

:nsamad: —static, yellow, panopticon, nsa, security, surveillance, mad, politics

:nsavince: — animated, yellow, panopticon, nsa, security, surveillance, vince, politics

:ntlised: — animated, red, banner, nationalised nationalized, united kingdom, politics, corbyn

:nutshot: — animated, face, yellow, suicide, death, gun, kill, shooting, blood

:nz: — animated, blue, new zealand, kiwi, flag, national, political, patriotic, crying

:oh: —static, gray grey, banner, heartbreak, heart, broken, nintendo, video games

:ohno: — animated, face, white, classic, whistle, skeleton, door, dying, bones, yikes

:ohyeah: —static, face, green, classic, overwatch, video game, video games, lucio, gaming

:ok: — animated, tan, banner, skeleton, skull, okay, eyes, grin, pan

:orb:— animated, blue orange, banner, just orb, justorb, video games, video game, rpg, charity

Jiru posted:

I like this :)

Pick fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Jul 28, 2020

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Hammerite posted:

ace, I made this a while ago, can you add it?

:hmmwrong: hmm wrong animated yellow face thinking pointing disagreement incorrect no text

This is done.

:hmmwrong:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Pick posted:

:mome: — animated, yellow blue, dance, dancer, dancing, overalls, sexy

This is a riff on :chome: in the Minion color scheme. Suggest add yospos, minion

:nz: :myballs: Any of the flags with something crying suggest add "crying" as a tag.

:oh: this is from the Nintendo Switch news feed on its console, suggest add nintendo, switch, video games

Midjack fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Jul 28, 2020

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit

Pick posted:

:nomates: — animated, vanity, captain nomates, dance, beard

BYOB for this one. Not really a surprise but BYOB posters ended up with a lot of vanity smilies.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Done!

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

:negative: may also need an 'orz' tag

:mood: and :orb: come from past GDQ threads, and the AGDQ 2019 chat thread even has a whole bunch of the other ones.

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Jul 28, 2020

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

Athanatos posted:

This is done.

:hmmwrong:

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

D. Ebdrup posted:

:negative: may also need an 'orz' tag

:mood: and :orb: come from past GDQ threads, and the AGDQ 2019 chat thread even has a whole bunch of the other ones.

Thanks on orb, I'd only seen it used to mock the Donald trump orb picture! A smilie can have many uses :hmmyes:.