Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
It'd be work to go through, but these threads may be helpful for context of some smilies.

Outing the in-jokes: a thread about smilies.
155 pages, but still an active thread and it'd be cool to ask questions in here about smilies you're not sure about. The best thread for info.

Smiley Station
3 pages, not much in here.

Smilie Ideas
17 pages. Mostly suggesting new smilies, but some got bought!

Zesty fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Jul 16, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Midjack posted:

:kheldragar: animated, white, head, smile, bloody, shoots up, gross, crazy, insane, intense

Vanity

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
The hovertext is part of what you are searching. The hovertext that was in place is being replaced by the tags.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Snowy posted:

:backtowork: static green red responsibility scallop nag bossy clam face mouth mspaint labor job career

I regret to inform you that you may be a little colorblind.

:backtowork:

Snowy posted:

:byodame: static yellow face female goonsay freakout ranting yelling screaming crazy spazz dork nerd

derivitive of :byodood:. Might be worth adding "byodood" to that.

Also, "spazz" is ableist.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Jul 23, 2020

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Byodood is a vanity?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I'd definitely define a vanity smilie as very specifically of someone. Especially if it uses their name or likeness. Quadrupley so if they uploaded it themselves.

I wouldn't say :gb2gbs: is a vanity, for instance. But everything cda posted, yes.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Jiru posted:

:thembeans: - animated, banner, black, face, been thinkin’ about them beans, meme, doobie, scam

I;m thinking about thos Beans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Athanatos posted:

In another 20 years someone will make a thread like this and will go through the same thing with all the untagged uploaded since now.

In the meantime, should the uncategorized be categorized so it's easier to find which new smilies need tagging?