Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Lurdiak posted:

So there's around 1000 smilies on the smilies page, all named haphazardly by the people or mods who created them. They're nominally organized into categories and alphabetized, but those categories are few, vague and arbitrary, and the alphabetization doesn't help when something like this :rubshands: is named "rubshands" or this :regd08: is named "regd08" and you're trying to find it. There's a search function, but again, the arbitrary names make it kinda moot. Looking for a specific smiley you don't remember the name of is a huge pain in the neck.

Now I don't think renaming the smileys to fit some kind of uniform naming convention is feasible, since people have been used to the names of some of these for over a decade, and it'd just create more confusion.

If possible, maybe introducing some second names could help. Where posting either "regd08" or another name, such as "intotheground" or "lrtsitg" or something would also display it.

We could also write accessible descriptions of all smileys which could also be searchable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Peachfart posted:

I would volunteer to add tags to smilies. Maybe assign a set group to people who can then send the tags to Athanatos?

I was gonna pm some random ones but then I was like "nah this needs to be organized" so yeah I agree.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Gimme

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Athanatos posted:

I just did Pick's 1st set. Two things:

1. This is going to take forever on this end
2. Anything under 4 characters for the input cannot be edited because Radium. It assumes under 4 characters is not enough for a smilie, so it rejects all changes to it.

Is there a format that would enable you to copy paste?